[ROM] Gingerounay 1.2

Guest vache

I'll have a look at su FC.

It looks, like Superuser app, can only handle up to two apllications, requesting su.

You can wipe superuser Data via the android application manager or do something via Android Market (update/remove update). Afterwards choose wisely, which apps should be able to request su.

I've chosen Titanium and QuickBoot.

The whole topic is annoying :unsure:

Guest vache
Does this APP2SD support EXT4? Thx

Yes.

Sorry, if you think it's annoying.

Can you fix camera flash off error ? I think happen because the leak, not the gingerounay.

When i turn off flash, flash's still a half on. It flashs and decreases from bottom to top.

Pic 1 2 3 flash off, pic 4 flash auto.

It's not a flash issue, and i'm not sure i can fix this without kernel source.

I'll have a look later, for now superuser is my priority.

Guest chris_kozani

unfortunatelly and this ginger rom (original leak not only gingerouney) has the "deep sleep" issue.The only way to not happen at least for me is to be connected in a wifi hotspot and in the settings i must have set wifi policy to "never".at the night i am using timerrific to turn on aeroplane mode and in the morning i find the device closed.this isnt happening in 2.2 roms.

Guest davidevinavil
unfortunatelly and this ginger rom (original leak not only gingerouney) has the "deep sleep" issue.The only way to not happen at least for me is to be connected in a wifi hotspot and in the settings i must have set wifi policy to "never".at the night i am using timerrific to turn on aeroplane mode and in the morning i find the device closed.this isnt happening in 2.2 roms.

If you turn phone in airplane mode and return online you can activate wifi..

At least in mine rom :/

Guest chris_kozani

right :unsure: you can do it in all roms.i didnt think of it.i will set timerrific to do this automatically and see what is going to happen.another solution i have found is screensaver app by klwinkel.com. with this app screen goes black but it isnt close really.you can open it by pressing home button.btw with 2.3 roms metal is better in many things and i prefer it from 2.2

Guest lgcmn
Nice :unsure: when you take photo outside, you´ll get just white picture...

this bug is present since the first leak..if u turn anti-shake on, photos will be ok)

Guest CedricGatay
Any progress with SuperUser?? I still cannot handle more than one application with root right :)

Have a look at the second post, an update zip fixing su problem is present :unsure:

Guest kimycai
Yes.

It's not a flash issue, and i'm not sure i can fix this without kernel source.

I'll have a look later, for now superuser is my priority.

hi vache ,can u modify a recovery to fit for acer a500 tablet?

here is the link about recovery.img modified by someone,but didnt test

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056783

Edited by kimycai

Guest cyrusbyte

Anybody having the sleep issue with the screen not coming back on in this rom? If so does turning the screen auto brightness off resolve it?

Im currently on Gingerounay 1.0 and want to upgrade to 1.1, or if it is worth waiting for the next leak..

Guest CedricGatay
Anybody having the sleep issue with the screen not coming back on in this rom? If so does turning the screen auto brightness off resolve it?

Im currently on Gingerounay 1.0 and want to upgrade to 1.1, or if it is worth waiting for the next leak..

I never had this issue under any 2.3 leak

Guest cyrusbyte
I never had this issue under any 2.3 leak

I didn't start having it till the leaks.. using same programs as before (except fresh installs no backups)

I don't know if the auto screen brightness turned off will fix this but should know in about a week since this issue isn't predictable.

It did it once within a few hours of installing the first leak (even before putting on gignerounay 1.0) but then not again for a couple of days.. very random.

Guest grayfoxpt

i have had this one since last night and i must say it seems to be working 100%, haven't found any issues yet, congrats Vache.

Guest freakk

Hello Vache, may you explain which are the steps to the installation of this rom?

I still have the original ROM in MT (1.001.02), do I have to upgrade to the 100.35 first?

To install this ROM, I have to follow the same steps to install the Metalounay ROM?

- Reboot in recovery

- nandroid

- Wipe ALL

- Flash

- Reboot

Thank you very much in advance.

Guest vache
Hello Vache, may you explain which are the steps to the installation of this rom?

I still have the original ROM in MT (1.001.02), do I have to upgrade to the 100.35 first?

To install this ROM, I have to follow the same steps to install the Metalounay ROM?

- Reboot in recovery

- nandroid

- Wipe ALL

- Flash

- Reboot

Thank you very much in advance.

What about the "First of all" in the first post ?

Guest freakk
aaahh...NO, you can´t

READ first article of this thread..

I've already read, but I've been analyzing the two ROM's to decide which one i would install, and I got confused, because to install this ROM does not seem to be necessary as many steps as in Metalounay, and is not necessary to have the 100.35 installed right?

EDIT: Ok now I get it, but I had already read the first post when I asked :-) Last question, do I not need to do a wipe?

Edited by freakk

Guest vache
EDIT: Ok now I get it, but I had already read the first post when I asked :-) Last question, do I not need to do a wipe?

Yes.