Un root, first htc screen bootloop

Guest InspectorFrost

Guest InspectorFrost

Hi

Background: My phone is/was knackered...maybe from overclocking or something...who knows.

Anyway, first the trackpad and down volume key stoped working, a couple of days ago (when screen was off/locked) it would light up for a couple of seconds (as if i pressed the power button) then screen would go off for half a second, then light up again, this repeats till battery dead. tried everything, new rom, radio and resets, nothing worked.

as a last ditch effort i thought i would try an un root to RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.29.405.5_Radio_32.49.00.32U_5.11.05.27_release_159811_

igned,

may also be worth noting that i was running CM 7.0.3 -hboot 93 - s-off.

after connecting and trying to run the RUU i kept getting ERROR 171, i read in another thread that i should run whilst in fastboot, this time it worked, on screen instruction told me it had finished ok but now im stuck in a bootloop on first screen !

Anyone have an idea of where to go next ?

its also worth mentioning that ive got a Sensation on pre-order which should turn up next week some time so im not going too crazy about this but it would be nice to see if i can fire it up just to satisfy myself that un-rooting has (as i suspected ) had no effect on the problem

cheers (sorry for rambling on)