Sign in to follow this  
Marcor

Registry Key Renamed (Folder)

Yesterday I was doing some work on the registry, using Total Commander, when I unintentionally clicked on one of the folders in the HKLM named "Samsung" changing the name in "z".

The device is a Samsung Pocket PC Windows Mobile 6.1. (Samsung Omnia i900)

The consequence is that I can access the phone, call, etc, but not run programs (edit: and I can see/read but not copy or modify files on the device) I have installed (that is Total Comander for example). As I have SKTools installed I also have a Registry BKP of yesterday afternoon (afterwards I still had some software installed) but now I also cannot run SKTools.

I tried with Mobile Registry Editor 1.1 and can see the "z" folder from my laptop, even export it, but now I do not know how to change the name and re-import it. I also tried REGED, but it wouldn't see the device.

How can I rename it to "Samsung"? Maybe I could install another REgistry Editor on the device (I do not see the other folders) and try to change it locally, but I didn't yet dare to do it.

Any advice?

Thanks

M

Edited by Marcor

Yesterday I was doing some work on the registry, using Total Commander, when I unintentionally clicked on one of the folders in the HKLM named "Samsung" changing the name in "z".

The device is a Samsung Pocket PC Windows Mobile 6.1. (Samsung Omnia i900)

The consequence is that I can access the phone, call, etc, but not run programs (edit: and I can see/read but not copy or modify files on the device) I have installed (that is Total Comander for example). As I have SKTools installed I also have a Registry BKP of yesterday afternoon (afterwards I still had some software installed) but now I also cannot run SKTools.

I tried with Mobile Registry Editor 1.1 and can see the "z" folder from my laptop, even export it, but now I do not know how to change the name and re-import it. I also tried REGED, but it wouldn't see the device.

How can I rename it to "Samsung"? Maybe I could install another REgistry Editor on the device (I do not see the other folders) and try to change it locally, but I didn't yet dare to do it.

Any advice?

Thanks

try other registry editors..may help

M