Vodafone UK released 2.3

Guest papasmurfster

Guest papasmurfster

Hi guys,

Brothers just had the OTA for his Desire HD and a friends wildfire has had the same update.

Just wondering where the official 2.3 rom is for the Desire?

anyone know anything... I cant seem to see anything about it.

Cheers

Guest Christo0908

That's odd, from the research I've done over the past couple of weeks about the 2.3 update, it seems it won't be available till the end of May/June time, hopefully sooner but y'know how bad with deadlines phone companies are. I read somewhere that only Vodafone got the 2.3 update first, then they rolled out to other unbranded handsets etc.. as for the Wildfire, this is puzzling as the Wildfire isn't scheduled for a Gingerbread update in the foreseeable future and why they would release a higher OS update for a lower end phone before the high(er) end phones? Ah HTC you've done it again...

Hopefully we'll soon see the update for our Desires, until then if you really can't wait, try the current CyanogenMod releases, I used them on the ZTE Blade and found them to be quite reliable, I'm just intimidated to root my Desire due to the price of the phone to begin with, wouldn't want to do it wrong.

The community for HTC Desire isn't really too active around MoDaCo, wish it was, you might want to try XDA Developers forums for HTC Desire news.

Guest papasmurfster
That's odd, from the research I've done over the past couple of weeks about the 2.3 update, it seems it won't be available till the end of May/June time, hopefully sooner but y'know how bad with deadlines phone companies are. I read somewhere that only Vodafone got the 2.3 update first, then they rolled out to other unbranded handsets etc.. as for the Wildfire, this is puzzling as the Wildfire isn't scheduled for a Gingerbread update in the foreseeable future and why they would release a higher OS update for a lower end phone before the high(er) end phones? Ah HTC you've done it again...

Hopefully we'll soon see the update for our Desires, until then if you really can't wait, try the current CyanogenMod releases, I used them on the ZTE Blade and found them to be quite reliable, I'm just intimidated to root my Desire due to the price of the phone to begin with, wouldn't want to do it wrong.

The community for HTC Desire isn't really too active around MoDaCo, wish it was, you might want to try XDA Developers forums for HTC Desire news.

correction. The wildfire was a minor update. NOT 2.3

Guest EddyOS

Only the DHD is on 2.3.3 so far - on both unbranded and Vodafone handsets. Unbranded handsets had it for 2 days then it was pulled, Vodafone released their version and then the unbranded one was re-released

No word on the Desire as yet but custom ROMs based on a leak from Asia- I'm running my own ROM based on this at present

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Christo0908
correction. The wildfire was a minor update. NOT 2.3

Yes, that's pretty much what I just said, there is no 2.3 update for HTC Wildfire, just pointing out