[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest CTFunkmonkey
Hi,

First time poster here :D

With LOTS of messing around I found some things out,

FIRST:

For Optus users you MUST flash the GENERIC Firmware FIRST! I am assuming the Optus firmware has some sort of lock which causes CM7 to boot loop.

SECOND:

I could not get date29 firmware to work straight from GENERIC 2.2

THIRD:

You can flash GENERIC 2.2 using patched tool, install recovery, reboot then flash date25, then date29, then GAPPS, then Overclock pack. Then WIPE!!!! Then boot. You will have date29 with overclock working :D

I have just dowloaded the 25 date rom and tried this method. I dont know what im doing wrong or what but i still cant get past the skateboard. Fortunately i still seem to be able to rescue everything with the generic updater

Guest CTFunkmonkey
I have just dowloaded the 25 date rom and tried this method. I dont know what im doing wrong or what but i still cant get past the skateboard. Fortunately i still seem to be able to rescue everything with the generic updater

Uh.. hehe :$ before tooling around any more before fixing it again i managed to reboot it into recovery which didnt seem to work last time. I wiped all the caches again and rebooted and lo and behold, i now have cm7 running. Havent yet updated to that 29 build as it doesnt seem to be available the url points to some mediafire signup page. But nice one Bohdans!

Guest kallt_kaffe

New version in first post. Don't forget to upgrade Clockwork to the modified version. No need to reinstall google apps if you are just upgrading from a previous version.

Guest garfin
Downloading now. Nice one thanks. Just out of interest, what is the difference between the 25 and 29 builds? Is it even worth me doing another update as this seems to be running fine?

I'm a firm believer in , if it ain't broke... it don't need fix'n .. , so unless there is something listed in the changelog (1st post)........ :D

Guest j4cky_zh3ng

hi guys,

i guess with a lot of hard work and fiddling around, i finally managed to install gingerbread pack 20110531 on that optus zte v9. that was a long and hard struggle since am quite a newbie at this (android). got everything except for the overclock part. cannot seem to get that to work at all. if i understood correctly, it has to be installed through clockworks recovery 3.2.0.0, right ? same way we installed the gingerbread roms i assume, yet the frequency seem to be the same, max 600MHz. i wanted to up that frequency to around 850MHz or even more. i think i've seen a benchmark run of ZTE v9 with 1024MHz. quite impressive.

anyways, thx guys for all that. am off testing this newly gingerbread born tablet. :D

Guest garfin
got everything except for the overclock part. cannot seem to get that to work at all.

Yeah having same issue i believe ...

DMESG shows

160000 @ 480000 and 200000 @ 600000

not

240000 @ 480000 and 300000 @ 600000

i'm running the latest 0531 nightly and have re-applied the OC zip just to be sure ...

Guest forforum
Yeah having same issue i believe ...

DMESG shows

160000 @ 480000 and 200000 @ 600000

not

240000 @ 480000 and 300000 @ 600000

i'm running the latest 0531 nightly and have re-applied the OC zip just to be sure ...

I think, your problem might be not enough room in /tmp. I flashed the overclocked kernel prior to installing gapps. It worked for me.

Guest garfin
I think, your problem might be not enough room in /tmp. I flashed the overclocked kernel prior to installing gapps. It worked for me.

Bingo!

Guest j4cky_zh3ng

what ? cannot understand what you guys did to make that work.. does that mean that i have to restart from the beginning ? and make sure to install overclock before gapps.. or is it install mod, boot.. then install overclock, boot.. then install gapps, boot.. making sure to wipe before each boot in clockworks.. sorry for newbie questions..

Guest allannn

For some reason after installing clockwork recovery, I can't go into FTM mode anymore, and it just gets stuck on the green android logo when booting pressing Power & Volume - . I'm using the Optus 2.2 rom and since a previous post said that I need to flash the generic 2.2 rom before flashing CM7, what should I do?

Edited by allannn

Guest modacool

my impression (I havent installed the OC yet, since mediafire seems to be extremely slow for me right now)

is the OC is just a modified kernel.

You should be able to install it before or after gapps, and it wouldnt matter.

Then you'd need to either use the built in CM7 overclock, or setcpu to change the freq.

Also, you should be able to update your CM without loosing the settings by flashing the new version without wiping.

that should not be an issues from CM7 to CM7 roms

Edited by modacool

Guest forforum
what ? cannot understand what you guys did to make that work.. does that mean that i have to restart from the beginning ? and make sure to install overclock before gapps.. or is it install mod, boot.. then install overclock, boot.. then install gapps, boot.. making sure to wipe before each boot in clockworks.. sorry for newbie questions..

You may have re-flash one of KK's earlier rom, the one on the 25th of May is a good starting point. Also make sure you have Sebastian's 3.2.0.0 reovery. After that, flash the newer rom if you like. Just make sure you flash the overclock kernel prior to install gapps.

Or you can wait for Sebastian to release a newer recovery with larger /tmp.

Edit: Just found out that KK has released the updated recovery to overcome the problem.

Edited by forforum

Guest skygunner

Hello everyone, first post since register in 2005:)

I followed Caustic Soda's instructions in #66, flashed the 2011-05-25 build as instructed in the document;

then upgraded ClockworkMod recovery to a modified version of Sebastians 3.2.0.0 (64Mb /tmp) by installing and run the apk

from the link in the first post (http://www.mediafire.com/?2lzep9ljnykq2nv)

reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery and flashed the new build 2011-05-31, wipe data/factory reset, wipe Dalvik cache in advance, fix permission, reboot, works fine;

flashed the gapps build for 2.3.4, works fine;

flashed the overclock kernel, wipe cache partition, wipe Dalvik cache, reboot, checked the dmesg, result is as expected, so AHB bus overclock seems to work.

Thanks very much.

Note for Optus users, you need to add the the primary prepaid APN to use mobile internet. see #57. The CM7 built in 'internet' 'yesinternet' Optus APN doesn't seem to work for me.

Edited by skygunner

Guest forforum
my impression (I havent installed the OC yet, since mediafire seems to be extremely slow for me right now)

Then you'd need to either use the built in CM7 overclock, or setcpu to change the freq.

Also, you should be able to update your CM without loosing the settings by flashing the new version without wiping.

Please see KK's post #85 in pervious page for the /tmp space issue.

Guest skygunner

The current AHB overclocking kernel seems only have modified the AHB bus, won't let you set the cpu frequency to higher than 600MHz

Guest garfin
How can i know if the overclock is working for me?

As detailed on post #79 , where you got the zip file.. you need to go into 'Terminal' App, and type ...

dmesg |grep 0.22

You should now see the frequency table.

The AHB bus frequency should now have changed from 160000 to 240000 for the 480000kHz level and from 200000 to 300000 for the 600000kHz level.

Guest garfin

If you were to begin again, then yes, overclock before gapps , and wipe before any reboot..

Having said that , all i did was boot back into clockwork, and wiped the davlik cache... then re-ran the OC.zip ..

Guest j4cky_zh3ng

ha! finally got it.. showing the AHB overclock.. lol, all this time i was scratching my head not seeing the 600Mhz go up.. this being said, is there any way of increasing the stock frequency of this processor ?

thx loads guys.. :D CM7 looks so cool on the tab, slightly annoyed that engadget does not scale up to the 7" screen but instead stays at 4".. any way to maximise the screen? other than that, the rest of the apps seems to scale up nicely.. nicely done guys..

Guest jpm600

Hi,

Firstly, big thanks to KK and Sebatian amazing work.

I have mytab running the cm7 update from 27/5 and previously 25/5 and also running to OC kernel. It all works amazing.

I was just about to update to the 31/5 update and i was just wondering, since i'm already running cm7 do i still have to clear all data after the update? or does that only apply the first cm7 install?

Thanks,

JPM

Guest andri77
Morning all,

Yep i followed all the instructions several times closely, however i have found a way to unbrick them using a generic er.. update thing involving something called Sales_MultiDL and a generic update. Gets it running again. Tried to do a CM7 update install with that 28 build, same again, no joy.

Hi,

Sorry to message you. Can you please help me to unbrick my device? My V9 stuck in the android icon screen and power button and volume button won't do any good. It happened when rebooting after I installed "update cm 7.1.0 RC0 V9 KANG signed 20110529.zip ". Could you please help. How do you do the update thing to unbrick yours? Thanks much!