[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest navodroid
Before trying to install this you must first upgrade Clockwork to a modified version of Sebastians 3.2.0.0 version that has been changed to allocate 64Mb for /tmp. The install script needs space to backup and restore google apps when upgrading from one CM7 version to another.

Install and use this app to upgrade Clockwork: http://www.mediafire.com/?2lzep9ljnykq2nv

Description

• NOTE: Only for Gen2, ie devices that have been upgraded to 2.2
  • This is a build that corresponds to a "nightly" but it is highly unofficial!
  • It's Android 2.3.4 but it works with Google Apps from 2.3.3, available here: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Latest_Version
  • However, I have made a Google Apps package with the 2.3.4 versions: http://www.mediafire.com/?83iusm6b08nv3cn (Try this first, but if it causes trouble, try "Official" 2.3.3 version (link above))
  • It is NOT possible to calibrate the screen at the moment and the calibration is hardcoded for my Light.
  • Download 2011-05-20: http://www.mediafire.com/?m5d2pjtq2ib8m7p
  • Download 2011-05-21: http://www.mediafire.com/?o90wsoq2en40c44
  • Download 2011-05-25: http://www.mediafire.com/?j0wd7zjk8lx9c0o
  • Download 2011-05-27: - removed -
  • Download 2011-05-28: - removed -
  • Download 2011-05-29: - removed -
  • Download 2011-05-31: http://www.mediafire.com/?n1k691jkql7pqu9
  • DO NOT FORGET TO WIPE!!!
    • 2011-05-31 - Install works fine (at least for me) but it needed some more /tmp space in Clockwork (se above).
    • 2011-05-29 - This version really should work to install without running out of space on /tmp in Clockwork.
    • 2011-05-28 - Fixed the installscript that was broken i the last version.
    • 2011-05-27 - Removed hdpi graphics. Telephone audio should now always be routed to external speaker.
    • 2011-05-25 - Touchscreen calibration support and also added ldpi and hdpi bitmaps (for those who experiment with different LCD densities)
    • 2011-05-21 - Better autobrightness levels and lockscreen disabled by default.
    • 2011-05-20 - Inital version

Tips & Tricks

[*]Go into Settings and CyanogenMod Settings and turn on the 180 degree rotation.

Sources: https://github.com/kalltkaffe

For AHB overclocking install this: http://www.mediafire.com/?xy647yiv3tub3f3

can i reflash using the optus mytab 2.2 upgrade if i already have the 2.2 (I installed a wrong root and now my tablet is too slow) please help

Guest kallt_kaffe
i have tried booting with + button, - button and + AND - buttons, but all i can get is either the bootloop skateboard or a green android...no recovery, no ftm...maybe i really bricked it ...

Don't worry. Boot with volume - pressed. It will get stuck and the green android but it will be in the "right" mode for programming. Then just follow the 2.2 upgrade guide. The mode it is in right now is the same as the "FTM" mode mentioned in the guide. It just doesn't show FTM but you can still proceed and reflash 2.2. I've done this at least a dozen of times on one of my Lights.

Guest Luke Smith

anyone else have trouble with the wifi flaking out after a couple of hours? it says that wifi is turned on but stops seeing any APs, turn wifi of and on and it reconnects.

I only had the stock rom on it for about 10 mins so I'm not sure if its unique to CM7 or not.

Guest navodroid
Don't worry. Boot with volume - pressed. It will get stuck and the green android but it will be in the "right" mode for programming. Then just follow the 2.2 upgrade guide. The mode it is in right now is the same as the "FTM" mode mentioned in the guide. It just doesn't show FTM but you can still proceed and reflash 2.2. I've done this at least a dozen of times on one of my Lights.

please answer me. do you plan on finishing this rom (I mean like will there be a final version). It doesn't matter when but i would like to know if this custom rom will be fully bug free one day. Even after ages. hhhhhhhhhhh please reply.

Guest gibbyman
please answer me. do you plan on finishing this rom (I mean like will there be a final version). It doesn't matter when but i would like to know if this custom rom will be fully bug free one day. Even after ages. hhhhhhhhhhh please reply.

First of all - nothing will ever be completely bug free. Get used to the fact that bug free is a pipe dream. It doesn't exist. Ever.

Having said that I fail to see that there are any major "deal-breaking" problems with KK's release of CM7. Sure there's been a few minor hick-ups along the way, but nothing that hasn't been solved.

So - Why do people still have problems from time to time? I'm sorry to say this quoting you, since I'm not really referring to your situation (I can't because I don't know how you got yourself into this situation from the beginning) but:

A lot of errors comes from one simple fact:

-People fail to RTFM!

When reading the provided steps, when following the available guides things really can't go wrong.

- And in the end it's the people who don't do just that (RTFM) comes back, begging, screaming, complaining and even demanding solutions to problems they created for themselves not giving a second thought to the fact that the work of the developer usually comes from being interested and having a bit of free time.

Of course there are exemptions that really comes from real "bugs" but they are usually very rare, and the fact is that they do get taken care of quite fast by the developer.

Sorry for the rant, but in my eyes kallt_kaffe has done a great job with this job, and continues to do so, and he really does deserve all the credit we can give him for that. The rest of it... it's just failure to to follow available instructions.

- Hmmm... I actually worked myself up writing this to the point that I think it's time to make another donation...

Have a great weekend everybody!

Guest navodroid
First of all - nothing will ever be completely bug free. Get used to the fact that bug free is a pipe dream. It doesn't exist. Ever.

Having said that I fail to see that there are any major "deal-breaking" problems with KK's release of CM7. Sure there's been a few minor hick-ups along the way, but nothing that hasn't been solved.

So - Why do people still have problems from time to time? I'm sorry to say this quoting you, since I'm not really referring to your situation (I can't because I don't know how you got yourself into this situation from the beginning) but:

A lot of errors comes from one simple fact:

-People fail to RTFM!

When reading the provided steps, when following the available guides things really can't go wrong.

- And in the end it's the people who don't do just that (RTFM) comes back, begging, screaming, complaining and even demanding solutions to problems they created for themselves not giving a second thought to the fact that the work of the developer usually comes from being interested and having a bit of free time.

Of course there are exemptions that really comes from real "bugs" but they are usually very rare, and the fact is that they do get taken care of quite fast by the developer.

Sorry for the rant, but in my eyes kallt_kaffe has done a great job with this job, and continues to do so, and he really does deserve all the credit we can give him for that. The rest of it... it's just failure to to follow available instructions.

- Hmmm... I actually worked myself up writing this to the point that I think it's time to make another donation...

thanks for replying. but is this rom stable now?

Guest Sebastian404

I'm sure about the offical criteria but lacking the kernel source is a big stumbling block to a lot of stuff we could do with this device....

Has anyone heard anything back from Optus about it?

Guest navodroid
I'm sure about the offical criteria but lacking the kernel source is a big stumbling block to a lot of stuff we could do with this device....

can you please tell me if this rom is stable now? no one is answering me

Guest sane?

They stopped replying to my nags about it. I'll give it another go next week, and if they continue to ignore me, I'll send a letter to their legal department. That should light a fire under them :D

Guest sab2000

I second this. He and CM7 team has done a great job. there are bugs but not a show-stopper. I bricked my tab many times and following the steps exactly brought it back to life. Please read the instruction carefully before jumping onto action.... best of luck

Edited by sab2000

Guest navodroid
I second this. He and CM7 team has done a great job. there are bugs but not a show-stopper. I bricked my tab many times and following the steps exactly brought it back to life. Please read the instruction carefully before jumping onto action.... best of luck

I have some questions will you please answer me (i'm new to android)

Where are the steps to flash it?

Is it possible to flash back to stock rom if the rom is not very stable for me?(i have the optus mytab)

What is the percentage to get a bricked device?

Sorry for my english

Guest grumpy347

you are a legend my friend..thank you all for your help, flashing back to 2.2 as i type.

i will try the upgrade again to see if i can get it right next time lol

ps for what it's worth..i cannot run this uprade from my win 7 desktop but it works from my xp laptop..go figure..

Edited by grumpy347

Guest navodroid
you are a legend my friend..thank you all for your help, flashing back to 2.2 as i type.

i will try the upgrade again to see if i can get it right next time lol

ps for what it's worth..i cannot run this uprade from my win 7 desktop but it works from my xp laptop..go figure..

can you please or anyone help me?

i flashed the gingerbread and i decided to go back to stock 2.2

i used the optus upgrade tool but my tablet won't boot after the optus logo please help anyone

Guest mirageco

Just want to know if flash player could be installed... i know the cheap imports from china has flash player installed

and there specs are lower then the zte v9

flash player Lite is just a waste of space for me

i have downloaded a few a flash players.apk and they dont work....

also do you think honeycomb would install on zte v9 < just a thought

Edited by mirageco

Guest Luke Smith
Just want to know if flash player could be installed... i know the cheap imports from china has flash player installed

Flash and Google Earth require ARMv7 series CPUs, the V9 has a v6 series CPU.

Guest navodroid

maybe if the hackers pushed the processor to 800mhz honeycomb will be a great idea.

Guest khalol

I have tried to install the CM7 rom but I have failed somewhere along the way and not it wont boot, I can get into ClockworkMod Recovery which i installed from the OP.

Anyone got any suggestions on how i can fix it, I am totally new at this

Edit: Ok i realised what my mistake was, i tried to install cm7 while still on 2.1

Edited by khalol

Guest gibbyman
i have bought this one from china and it has it bult in < it has a slower cpu smaller ram.. i dont get it..

http://www.babikenshop.com/china-android-t...apps-p-537.html

cheers thanks

It's not as much about the speed of the cpu and the amount of ram installed in the tablet. As Luke Smith already said - it's all about the processor type/generation used in the different tablets. Some processors have the support, some don't. The processor in this version of the ZTE Light/V9 or whatever it's called in a certain part of the world just does not support Flash (I don't know if this is something that can be fixed, but by "default" it doesn't).

Guest sab2000
I have some questions will you please answer me (i'm new to android)

Where are the steps to flash it?

Is it possible to flash back to stock rom if the rom is not very stable for me?(i have the optus mytab)

What is the percentage to get a bricked device?

Sorry for my english

Pls refer to the post - http://android.modaco.com/content/other/339662/optus-zte-v9/ , Number #2

It has the SW to download and flashing details. It would bring your phone back to life. (there is a message popping up saying a file not found but just ignore it)

Guest ntonio

So decided to take a punt at it, Ive upgraded to Optus 2.2 Firmware, then after reading can see people get a loop mode if you upgrade to CM7 from Optus 2.2, So ive gone thru the guide called "ZTE ANDROID 2.2 FLASH STEP.docx" which is apart of the V9 Tools file, but it has reference to a "5. Then please send this word file to us , then we can help to get the license from ZTE"

Do i have to do this or is this just a mistake and i continue on with the guide and install the V9_GENERICV1.0.0B03? In which i could only download this file in a .rar format so im not to sure if thats the correct file anyway as its not .zip and it was impossible to even find this file!

halp! :s

Guest garfin
So decided to take a punt at it, Ive upgraded to Optus 2.2 Firmware, then after reading can see people get a loop mode if you upgrade to CM7 from Optus 2.2

halp! :s

Ok , i'm a little confused..CM7 does install perfectly fine over an Optus 2.2 rom'ed device .. Take a close read of posts #44 to #48 of this thread, ( & you can skip step1 , seeing as you already have a 2.2'ed device)

Guest garfin
i cannot run this uprade from my win 7 desktop but it works from my xp laptop..go figure..

My guess - Windows 7 UAC getting in the road ... try right clicking the upgrader and choosing "Run as Administrator" . or . use your XP lappy... :-)

Edited by garfin