StreakDroid v2.0.0 (GingerStreak)

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Crinos512
thank you :D

actually it means it will work 90%

but to be sure, can you do one more favour for me ? ( :D )

after running insmod, please run the command "dmesg" and check if it produces any error about tunnel driver.

also, please run "lsmod" after "insmod" to be sure if it was loaded.

thank you so much !

dmesg | grep tun returns no results

lsmod shows

tun 13413 0 - Live 0xbf02c000

dhd 169720 0 - Live 0xbf000000

Guest mrmrmrmr
dmesg | grep tun returns no results

lsmod shows

tun 13413 0 - Live 0xbf02c000

dhd 169720 0 - Live 0xbf000000

awesome !

thank you very much :D

DJ_Steve : I think you can include it in the ROM (if there is demand of course)

Guest neil tring

Hmm flashed the dsp1 and installed streakdroid 2.0, loaded up ok but now i get the process.com.android.phone has stopped. No signal whatsoever. Factory reset?

Guest fards
Hmm flashed the dsp1 and installed streakdroid 2.0, loaded up ok but now i get the process.com.android.phone has stopped. No signal whatsoever. Factory reset?

delete /data/data/com.android.telephony and reboot

much quicker than a factory reset :D

Guest Crinos512
I think the issue people are seeing with the gps can be fixed.

I've not tested this exhaustively yet, but SUPL isn't enabled by default in the APNs (which are set to be non-edited)

need to change two lines in build.prop

ro.build.OEM_PRESET_APN_LOCK=0

ro.build.OEM_PRESET_APN_HIDE=0
and reboot to allow editing of the APNS... then go to settings/wireless and networks/ mobile networks/access point names/ choose the default APN(top one with a circle) scroll down to apn type and select default and supl.. kill gps start it again see if it connects quicker there's two other config files to play with . gps.conf (which we used to tweak) and loc_parameter.ini both are in /etc gps.conf can be changed
DEBUG_LEVEL =0

INTERMEDIATE_POS=1
and see if it works for you loc_parameter.ini can be changed
 use_logcat=0

operation_mode=5 (or 6)

@fards I used your info here as in conjunction to my APNs as the builtin locked APN kept becoming active by default... thus crashing, by default.

Guest fards

Ok I'm testing a nice fix for the gfx using c2d as a compositing method ...

it has a downside, camera no longer shows previews.. takes pictures fine, just doesn't show previews.

Its a known bug in 2.3.3 and is fixed in 2.3.4

details here...

Guest chike99
awesome !

thank you very much :D

DJ_Steve : I think you can include it in the ROM (if there is demand of course)

YES, there is a demand for VPN connectivity. PLEASE include it. Will this fix the PPTP VPN problem in previous Android versions?

Guest Crinos512

it has a downside, camera no longer shows previews.. takes pictures fine, just doesn't show previews.

details here...

Rock on!

Can't wait for the goodies. :-)

Guest El_Diablo666

Hi, I recently updated to Froyo 2.2.2 from dell directly. Since then, I am not able to access my SD card and Dell refuses to help me!

Is there a chance gingerbread update will fix the issue? or should I rather atempt going back to Froyo 2.2

Issues I have with 2.2.2 http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...not-recognised/

Link is no longer avialable: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

Guest LamezZ

okay fards, i tried your fix :D but it seems like gameloft games aren't running, display is just white, like the cam

ah and i also run that fix on sd 2.0, and i now get about 1500-1600 in quadrant. before that fix it was about 1200-1300.

Edited by LamezZ

Guest fards
okay fards, i tried your fix :D but it seems like gameloft games aren't running, display is just white, like the cam

ah and i also run that fix on sd 2.0, and i now get about 1500-1600 in quadrant. before that fix it was about 1200-1300.

ok cheers,

I only tried the one gameloft game, real footie 2011 and it worked, interesting..

Guest Crinos512

details here...

ok, I have the

echo 8192 > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/read_ahead_kb

echo 128 > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/max_sectors_kb

echo 4096 > /sys/block/innersd0/queue/read_ahead_kb

tweaks enabled... barely pulling 946 in Quadrant.

What other tweaks are there?

Also, any chance of a Smart@$$ scheduler making a comeback?

Guest Crinos512
ok, I have the
echo 8192 > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/read_ahead_kb

echo 128 > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/max_sectors_kb

echo 4096 > /sys/block/innersd0/queue/read_ahead_kb

tweaks enabled... barely pulling 946 in Quadrant.

What other tweaks are there?

Alright, I removed the SD Speedbooster app as it appears to be overwriting my settings done via script.

after the above script, and OnDemand scheduling I am topping out at 1283 Quadrant.

CPU: 3839

MEM: 1096

I/O: 718

2D: 289

3D: 471

any other advice. :D

Guest jmhalder

This is a closed source Kernel that wasn't compiled by DJ_Steve, hence no OC, and no Smartass governer, unless one can be compiled as a module, it isn't going to happen.

Edited by jmhalder

Guest Crinos512
This is a closed source Kernel that wasn't compiled by DJ_Steve, hence no OC, and no Smartass governer, unless one can be compiled as a module, it isn't going to happen.

hmmm... I wonder how hard it'd be to whip up a new kernel :D

gotta be simple right </SARCASM>

anyway... I might just have to poke around a bit to see if I can make sense of anything from previous releases.

Guest fards
Alright, I removed the SD Speedbooster app as it appears to be overwriting my settings done via script.

after the above script, and OnDemand scheduling I am topping out at 1283 Quadrant.

CPU: 3839

MEM: 1096

I/O: 718

2D: 289

3D: 471

any other advice. :D

if you're on IRC you can try out the c2d (I'm not on till later).. not going to post it publicly till I'm sure got rid of some of the bugs

Guest El_Diablo666
Hi, I recently updated to Froyo 2.2.2 from dell directly. Since then, I am not able to access my SD card and Dell refuses to help me!

Is there a chance gingerbread update will fix the issue? or should I rather atempt going back to Froyo 2.2

Issues I have with 2.2.2 http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...not-recognised/

Link is no longer avialable: http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn

I have successfully updated to this ROM. This did resolve the issue accessing the SD card. Thank you!

However now it is not recognizing the Sim Card. Do I need to do anything to initiate the Sim Card?

If it matters, I am using a Virgin Mobile Sim from South Africa.

Guest Crinos512
if you're on IRC you can try out the c2d (I'm not on till later).. not going to post it publicly till I'm sure got rid of some of the bugs

sweet, I'll try to be on ...as real life allows. :D

Guest fards
I have successfully updated to this ROM. This did resolve the issue accessing the SD card. Thank you!

However now it is not recognizing the Sim Card. Do I need to do anything to initiate the Sim Card?

If it matters, I am using a Virgin Mobile Sim from South Africa.

Is phone force crashing?

Guest Crinos512

sweet, I'll try to be on ...as real life allows. :D

OK, we are in drasticly different time zones... is it something you could PM to me here?

Guest El_Diablo666
Is phone force crashing?

No not at all, everything seems fine, except it states insert Sim card. Emergency calls only. If I go back to Froyo 2.2 it Sim works fine.

Guest ryantoss

I'm new to android and i'm willing to learn and enter the world of android. Please help me ^^

These are my "understanding" of android, could anyone provide me some more detail or correct me if i wrong.

1. Android is based on linux, essentially Android is provided by Google then each phone provider twist this Android one again to make them suitable their phone ==> each phone have different version of Android.

2. Substitute we can get one twisted version from other hacker for our phone since the code is open. Mean that for eg i have a Dell Streak then i can get officially Android from Dell or other guy like DJ_Steve.

3. Where the data like "factory setting" is stored. In SD card or internal memory. What i have to do if i want a new sd card. just put it in?

4. I got my phone from black market. This one already unlocked, i'm aware that i will be locked if i change to a new Android version. Am i right?

5. where can i find a good tutorial of Streakrecovery and baseband and stuffs like that. At the moment current version of StreakDroid not so stable for me, i've experienced restarting loop alot.

Feel free to help me out

Regard

Guest Crinos512
I'm new to android and i'm willing to learn and enter the world of android. Please help me ^^

These are my "understanding" of android, could anyone provide me some more detail or correct me if i wrong.

I'll do my best.

1. Android is based on linux, essentially Android is provided by Google then each phone provider twist this Android one again to make them suitable their phone ==> each phone have different version of Android.

Kind of, the Android "linux" has to have tweaks and drivers to make the phone hardware work the way the manufacturer designed, but they are pretty much all based on one of the following android versions: 1.5 (Cupcake), 1.6 (Donut), 2.0 / 2.1 (Eclair), 2.2 (Froyo), 2.3 (Gingerbread), or 3.0 / 3.1 (Honeycomb)

2. Substitute we can get one twisted version from other hacker for our phone since the code is open. Mean that for eg i have a Dell Streak then i can get officially Android from Dell or other guy like DJ_Steve.

Again, kind of. the Official Dell Android ROMs are specifically built for the hardware, where guys like DJ_Steve have to work at getting their ROMs to run on the hardware without knowing exactly where everything goes. it would be easier if Dell would share the drivers with him though.

3. Where the data like "factory setting" is stored. In SD card or internal memory. What i have to do if i want a new sd card. just put it in?

I believe the info is stored on the internal SD card.

4. I got my phone from black market. This one already unlocked, i'm aware that i will be locked if i change to a new Android version. Am i right?

"Black market" implies illegal sales... you just didn't go through a provider, which is fine. (unless you actually did buy it illegally, in which case shame on you.) the term 'Unlocked' has to do with whether the hardware will allow any SIM card, or only a single provider. Updating Android ROMs will not alter this as it is a hardware setting. You may be confusing Unlocked with Rooted. ROMs that are rooted allow you to make changes to the Android OS that would normally be off limits. DJ_Steve's ROMs are Rooted by default, where Dell's ROMs are not ... but can become Rooted after installation.

5. where can i find a good tutorial of Streakrecovery and baseband and stuffs like that. At the moment current version of StreakDroid not so stable for me, i've experienced restarting loop alot.

I'm not sure where you could find tutorials on that sort of thing... maybe some one else has some ideas?

Have a look here though: Everything about the Dell Streak 5

If GingerStreak is too unstable for your liking I would suggest falling back to 1.9.0 here it is a good solid Froyo based ROM.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Crinos512

Guest sozofriend1234

Went back to Official Dell 351 until Steve releases a stable GingerDroid as I was getting frequent reboots... Hope to get the GingerDroid back soon if Steve helps of course :D