Ad2SD - experience, problems, issues..

Guest Nesli

Guest Nesli

Hello,

Question: Have you ever problems/bugs with ad2sd?

First time I applied Ad2sd was on Metalounay 1.2, with 8gb class 6 card (512mb ext2) - behaviour was a bit strange, weired delays, very lazy alarm application,etc., but it was functional..So I guess class 6 card is not enought and I bought 16gb class 10 card. First time I set ext2 partition to 640mb -> after data restore and apply Ad2sd, phone boot, but if I moved/install any app and reboot, Metal was stucked on boot logo...I decreased ext2 partition to 500mb and it was functional, but with same problems as on old card :/ ..After one day, phone told me "Sd card damaged and needs to be reformated", but in PC, I was able to acces fat and ext partition ok, so i apply chdksk etc, but phone still told me the same - bad card - I wanna throw Metal from window...OK, I said badword*ng, shi*ty Ad2sd, reformated card and didn´t use Ad2sd anymore...

Week ago I installed Gingerounay, now in version 1.2 ( Thanks, Vache :P ), 800 mhz is a bit annoying, but everything else running pretty well, so today, I decided to try Ad2sd again (ext2 partition 360mb), cause app storage is weakness of our beloved Metal..

- It´s few hours, but everything is running pretty smooth and fast, with no lags, so it looks that it is reason to be happy :rolleyes:

But: I´m really scared of "blank, damaged card" is next weeks, cause it happened without no noticable reason and it would be huge problem for me...

So: How about your experience, problems, issues with Ad2sd ? It was something wrong in Metalounay 1.2 that causes problems to me?...

Thanks for your responses <_<

Regards.

Edit: Ad2sd always done by Gscript

Edited by Nesli

Guest grayfoxpt

i have a2sd in Gingerounay 1.2 for a couple of days, the only thing i notived is that swype seems to get unistaled each time i reboote the phone, so i will keep it installed on the phone. other then that everything seems fine.

edit: strangest thing, as soon as i finished this post, i grabed my Mt and it was dead, wouldn't turn on, had to remove the battery to turn it on again. I have 70% battery.

Edited by grayfoxpt

Guest Nesli

ok, and have you try ad2sd before?

edit: Yes, I also had this issued under Metalounay+ad2sd :P

Edited by Nesli

Guest grayfoxpt

no it's the first time I activated the a2sd. created a swap partition (don't remember the size) and an ext2 partition of 512Mb on the sd card using recovery 2.0. then in Gingerounay i run the script a2sd-on and i run the app Move2sd. afterwars i moved the installed apps to the sd using App 2 SD Free.

Guest Nesli

You don´t need to use apps like app2sd to move app...

After sctript: Internal memory - Ext2 partition, when you move app to sd, you moved app from Ext2 part. to Fat32 partition..:P

Guest grayfoxpt
You don´t need to use apps like app2sd to move app...

After sctript: Internal memory - Ext2 partition, when you move app to sd, you moved app from Ext2 part. to Fat32 partition..:P

so, from waht i understand, i need only use the script a2sd-on and run the app Move2sd?

afterwards the internal memory of the phone is "emulated" in the sd and when it says that the apps are on the phone they are actually on the sd?

Guest vache
so, from waht i understand, i need only use the script a2sd-on and run the app Move2sd?

afterwards the internal memory of the phone is "emulated" in the sd and when it says that the apps are on the phone they are actually on the sd?

You have to run only a2sd-on and then reboot. That's all.

Guest grayfoxpt
You have to run only a2sd-on and then reboot. That's all.

Thanks vache, since Move2SD comes in Gingerounay i thought it was needed. So after that does the available size of the internal phone increase? how can i confirm it's working?

and will it move all aps to sd or just the ones i install afterwards?

Guest chris_kozani

I am using gingerounay with a2sd-on but with extra "--data" in vache`s script so in ext partition is also /data of apps.with this trick i have internal memory about 160mb and about 100apps in ext partition which is 1gb..the problem with this,is that if you make reboot from quick boot app,or you close the phone from power button or you left out of battery,when you open the device it will ask again for language and it will loose contacts and accounts and you must sycronise again.without --data in script,there is no "reboot" problem but internal memory is about 130mb and is reduced quickly if you install apps with many data.

But.... if i make reboot from hard button in left back of device it doesnt ask for language and it doesnt loose settings and accounts.also the "deep sleep" issue is present for me in any 2.3.3 rom(even with the official without root) i have tried and not in metalouney in which i used the same --data trick

Edited by chris_kozani

Guest grayfoxpt

the extra -- data in vache's script is the script ad2sd?

edit: i actually tried, gone from 59 to 121 free Mb in internal storage :P hope it doesn't become unstable.

Edited by grayfoxpt

Guest Nesli

To chris_kozani

I´m using Ad2sd, no problems with asking for lang./accounts at all, doesn´t depend which way i do reboot..

To grayfoxpt

Yeah, I´ll hope to :P

Guest vache

It's better to move apps & dalvik-cache.

If you move data, you may have issues when reboot. That's why i changed ad2sd scripts to move dalvik instead of data.

I didn't found for now where is the problem when moving data.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dummy1969

Hi Vache and compliments for you wonderful job.

I've applied ad2sd to my liquid mt on a sd card (class 10). All works very well finally but I do not understand why My internal memory is free only for 44.7 mega ?

Maybe this depends on data that are still stored on "real" memory phone ?

Using Titanium backup I could see this:

System rom 209 MB(10.8)

Internal 193 mb (44.7 mb free)

Sd: 14.4 gb (8.27 gb free)

Sd(a2sd):1l44 (1.19 free).

Looking at this info,I fear I made some mistake and I have applied only a2sd. How can I be sure to have really applied ad2sd (application and devil ) and not only application script ?

Ps. I do not why but I have lost the folder (stored in home page) with the links to app2sd script, could you suggest me where are they stored on phone or download them again ?

Thanks again and sorry for my worst English

It's better to move apps & dalvik-cache.

If you move data, you may have issues when reboot. That's why i changed ad2sd scripts to move dalvik instead of data.

I didn't found for now where is the problem when moving data.