Tegra Games on non-Tegra devices (and presumably Vice-Versa)

Guest yabbas

Guest yabbas

Haven't tried this yet, original post I read it on was here.

Update: Better how-to and a video showing Samurai whatsisface running on a Nexus S: Addictive Tips.

The zip file contains GL Libs for Qualcomm, PowerVR and Tegra so PRESUMABLY loading these up as an emulation layer in Chainfire would enable software fragmented for other 3D chipsets to work on our tablets. Assumptions from my part since I haven't tested it yet!

Edited by yabbas

Guest NeilLewis22
Haven't tried this yet, original post I read it on was here.

Update: Better how-to and a video showing Samurai whatsisface running on a Nexus S: Addictive Tips.

The zip file contains GL Libs for Qualcomm, PowerVR and Tegra so PRESUMABLY loading these up as an emulation layer in Chainfire would enable software fragmented for other 3D chipsets to work on our tablets. Assumptions from my part since I haven't tested it yet!

Yes and you need it to play games like x plane.

Very good app this highly reconmended

Guest mintvilla
Yes and you need it to play games like x plane.

Very good app this highly reconmended

True, however ive yet to find any app that doesnt run on the vega. I think the people who will be happy with this, are those who want to run the tegra zone games on their none tegra phones.

Guest warriorscot

Even with emulation there are hardware features in tegra that cant be easily replicated. Tegra isnt just powerful because it has a lot of clocks on the cpu it is fast because it uses them better than the other chipsets. And its pretty compatible with non tegra software as long as the software is not custom designed for a specific device and thats usually done for a reason best not ignored.

Guest yabbas
True, however ive yet to find any app that doesnt run on the vega. I think the people who will be happy with this, are those who want to run the tegra zone games on their none tegra phones.

There were a few Gameloft titles that gave flashing (or no) textures in-game. Like I said - I still haven't tried this, my Vega's going back to PC World for "repair" ;(

Guest warriorscot

Gameloft games don't not run because they are tegra they don't run because gameloft are generally terrible some do run it depends on the team that made the game the better titles like Asphalt run fine on tegra and the vega. There are versions that will work on a vega mostly the issues are things like screen formatting and other device specific problems that arise because they design each version for specific devices not just android in general.