Pen for Vega

Guest jnash123

Guest simonta
Would like to use auto sketch with a pen for jotting down

Are there any out there?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Plenty. Just search fleabay or similar for "capacitive pen". Ignore the "works with", a capacitive pen is a capacitive pen. You pay for quality/loooks.

Guest mintvilla
I bought an iWant stylus from PCWorld. Piece of crap, doesn't work, can click but can't long-hold and/or drag.

i dont think you can write with those pens and these kind of tablets, they just werent designed for that, you can use a capacitive pen to do clicking and whatnot, but not proper writing like you would be able to on paper.

Guest yabbas

I can only vouch for using the Boxwave Capacitive Stylus

http://www.boxwave.com/products/capacitive...stylus_3779.htm

They're about £15 I think. They feel great in use, no fingerprints and more precision imho. The nubby bit on the piece of string can be put into the headphone jack to tether the stylus :P

(PS - I don't have one, just tried it a few days ago and thought it was rather good! Just wish we had Sketchbook Pro like the iLot have ;( we're missing out on some great iApps unfortunately!)

Guest warriorscot

I have one from boxwave but rarely use it. Actually good for general use instead of a finger for keeping the screen clean or if you are using it outside wearing gloves or with dirty hands. But for actual use sketching or writing its pretty useless just not sensitive enough and tends not to give a constant line across the screen.

Guest derffie

Are there any out there?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

I'll keep you informed, but I'm buying a pogo sketch stylus from ebay...... hope its good, what I'seen on the ipad its smooth as pen on paper.... heres hoping!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest derffie

Are there any out there?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Talk of postal delays! Well, pogo, nogo, junk in other words. I did have luck with a griffin brand stylus, really good, I mean like your finger good. I tryed making a stylus, with a old exacto knife body and contuctive sponge it won't scratch, but it feels wrong, contact with the screen feels like chewing tin foil. Still worth the experiment!

As it stands, try the griffin.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Griffin-Stylus-Pen-A...#ht_2073wt_1156

Guest IanTurner

Try this

See

for a video comparing it

with a pogo pen.

The dagi stylus is similar.

As noted capacitive screens aren't good for line drawing which is apparently why the chinese prefer resistive given the

keyboard unfriendly nature of their character sets