[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest KonstaT
Any update on getting that zip to work, anyone? :D

Here is your Launcher Pro theme in flashable zip. Everything seems to be working except google search widget.

First, flash the ROM and boot. After that, reboot to recovery and flash LP theme zip.

Looks really nice, good job guys. :D

FLB_LP_Theme.zip

Guest TheManicGibbon
Here is your Launcher Pro theme in flashable zip. Everything seems to be working except google search widget.

First, flash the ROM and boot. After that, reboot to recovery and flash LP theme zip.

Ah great, thanks! :D

In the META-INF folder, there are files that aren't present in the zip I use that flashes to system (CERT.RSA and CERT.SF) what do these do, are they necessary for \data\ or what? :o

Thanks again.

Guest KonstaT
Ah great, thanks! :D

In the META-INF folder, there are files that aren't present in the zip I use that flashes to system (CERT.RSA and CERT.SF) what do these do, are they necessary for \data\ or what? :D

Thanks again.

Those files are created when you sign your zip. I haven't signed that zip, but I used template zip which propably was. Those files are not needed, I was just too lazy to delete them. :o Clockwork doesn't check wheather zip is signed or not, it installs just fine anyway.

It's strange how that isn't working straight after wipe though, it needs to be booted once. I looked at my /data and only thing missing from that zip is empty directory /data/data/com.fede.launcher/lib/.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Those files are created when you sign your zip. I haven't signed that zip, but I used template zip which propably was. Those files are not needed, I was just too lazy to delete them. :D Clockwork doesn't check wheather zip is signed or not, it installs just fine anyway.

It's strange how that isn't working straight after wipe though, it needs to be booted once. I looked at my /data and only thing missing from that zip is empty directory /data/data/com.fede.launcher/lib/.

I assume that directory is only created once Launcher Pro has been run, much like temporary files and folders in Windows.

Guest themighysquitt
Great Rom. Fast and stable.

MMS not working :D Does anybody have that problem?

Yep I got the problem, just wondering are you on giffgaff??

Guest lanesend

:D Cheers working for me thanks guys :o

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Those files are created when you sign your zip. I haven't signed that zip, but I used template zip which propably was. Those files are not needed, I was just too lazy to delete them. :D Clockwork doesn't check wheather zip is signed or not, it installs just fine anyway.

Thanks for doing that for me! :D

No, I didn't expect the Google widget to work... (should I remove it?) (I can easily edit the zip now)

And the /lib/ directory always appears empty to me in Es... maybe I've got it not show .example.db files or something :o

I'll have another look!

Anything need changing in that homescreen setup, btw? Oh, I know, I got Camera and Gallery the wrong way round, if we are being fuzzy! EDIT: Fussy !

EDIT: ES is saying all my permissions are "no" for the /lib/ dir. so NO WONDER I can't read it. Maybe actually accessing /lib will help. I may have to get the files again and start over, but, no worries!

Surely if we restore all files we SHOULD get widgets working :(

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I am prepared for doing anything else to help this ROM, of course it would be only very basic stuff :D

I think the reason that LauncherPro cannot restore widgets "due to limitations in the android system" is because widgets probably create their own data somewhere else as well. Has anyone got widgets working after restoring a clockworkmod backup containing widgets in launcherpro?

Because if they have then it is certainly possible :D

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest KonstaT
Thanks for doing that for me! :D

No, I didn't expect the Google widget to work... (should I remove it?) (I can easily edit the zip now)

And the /lib/ directory always appears empty to me in Es... maybe I've got it not show .example.db files or something :D

I'll have another look!

Anything need changing in that homescreen setup, btw? Oh, I know, I got Camera and Gallery the wrong way round, if we are being fuzzy! EDIT: Fussy !

EDIT: ES is saying all my permissions are "no" for the /lib/ dir. so NO WONDER I can't read it. Maybe actually accessing /lib will help. I may have to get the files again and start over, but, no worries!

Surely if we restore all files we SHOULD get widgets working :o

Tested it again. It seems that LP overwrites everything in /data/data/com.fede.launcher/ on first boot. So I don't think that the /lib thing matters (added empty /lib).

It works fine this way, it just needs to be installed as addon. It might be very difficult to include it in ROM package itself. Maybe modifying LauncherPro.apk?

You can remove the widget if you want. I have no idea how to get it restored correctly.

Guest happyandroid

ummm Titanium does not work. 9box says 'sorry could not get root privelige'.. so how do i get my apps back on?

nor does the auto killer(black screen) superuser (black screen) that was bundled with the rom... what gives?

Edited by happyandroid

Guest Kthulhu
ummm Titanium does not work. 9box says 'sorry could not get root privelige'.. so how do i get my apps back on?

nor does the auto killer(black screen) superuser (black screen) that was bundled with the rom... what gives?

Reboot and try again, sometimes the unrooting fails and apps can not get sueruser priviledges.

Guest TheManicGibbon

@Mushroom_Lord: The theme is great, don't worry about changing anything, although if I can work out how to, I might just remove the widget since that looks a bit unprofessional having "Problem loading widget" on first boot.

@KonstaT: I'll just leave it as an addon, if I integrated it into the ROM, then it would overwrite people's existing Launcher Pro configurations, and if they're coming from an earlier version of FLB, they might not have necessarily wiped beforehand.

Reboot and try again, sometimes the unrooting fails and apps can not get sueruser priviledges.

Yes, try rebooting. It is a known problem in FLB that root access can sometimes fail or not work properly, flibblesan is kindly working on a fix for us :D

Thanks for everyone's interest and contributions.

Guest themighysquitt
@KonstaT: I'll just leave it as an addon, if I integrated it into the ROM, then it would overwrite people's existing Launcher Pro configurations,

I've tried the add & it didn't overwrite my existing LP config, I just couldn't go back to the gingerbread set-up after checking to see if my current config was still saved!!

Edited by themighysquitt

Guest TheManicGibbon
I've tried the add & it didn't overwrite my existing LP config, I just couldn't go back to the gingerbread set-up after checking to see if my current config was still saved!!

I don't understand what you've done..?

Guest themighysquitt
I don't understand what you've done..?

Sorry mate, I just reread your first post, I thought if I installed "the gingerbread LP zip" I would lose my current saved LP config which it didn't!! :D

BTW I've just created some blue gingerbread icons with photoshop using the icons you posted, here's a screenshot what I done to my home screen so far..post-816400-1306776795_thumb.png

Edited by themighysquitt

Guest TheManicGibbon
Sorry mate, I just reread your first post, I thought if I installed "the gingerbread LP zip" I would lose my current saved LP config which it didn't!! :D

BTW I've just created some blue gingerbread icons with photoshop using the icons you posted, here's a screenshot what I done to my home screen so far..post-816400-1306776795_thumb.png

Very nice :D

*off topic*

I'm interested, how do you change the colour like that? Completely unrelated to Android I'd like to all my desktop icons like the same colour, if that makes sense, thought I could apply your technique. I have Photoshop Elements 9, the one based on CS5 :o

Guest themighysquitt
Very nice :D

*off topic*

I'm interested, how do you change the colour like that? Completely unrelated to Android I'd like to all my desktop icons like the same colour, if that makes sense, thought I could apply your technique. I have Photoshop Elements 9, the one based on CS5 :D

I use photoshop CS this how I did it..

Opened the icon I wanted to edit

Click on "Image" on tool bar

then look for "Adjustments" (second option down)

& select "Replace Color", I just messed around with the hue until I got the colour I wanted!

BTWI did have a browse on google for blue gingerbread icons but couldn't find any I liked!!

Guest TheManicGibbon
I use photoshop CS this how I did it..

Opened the icon I wanted to edit

Click on "Image" on tool bar

then look for "Adjustments" (second option down)

& select "Replace Color", I just messed around with the hue until I got the colour I wanted!

BTWI did have a browse on google for blue gingerbread icons but couldn't find any I liked!!

Not quite the same in Elements but I eventually found how to do it; sadly it works much better on the Gingerbread icons than the Word 2010 icon. And don't even get me started on the Visual Studio 2010 one :D :D

Sorry for the topic deviation folks :o

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Okay I will sacrifice my entire widget made up homescreen for this job :D and will re-upload files. (actually I'll make it myself)

Thanks again :D

Will swap camera and gallery icons around: and remove widget!

EDIT: Sorry, this will take a while; expect an update tommorow as I have to switch ROM's etc to get this working properly! (clock is different in Cm7)

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest TheManicGibbon
Okay I will sacrifice my entire widget made up homescreen for this job :D and will re-upload files. (actually I'll make it myself)

Thanks again :D

Will swap camera and gallery icons around: and remove widget!

EDIT: Sorry, this will take a while; expect an update tommorow as I have to switch ROM's etc to get this working properly! (clock is different in Cm7)

Could you possibly enable the 3D app drawer as well? That'd be great! It's under Advanced settings. Cheers mate, you've been really helpful! :o

Guest Mushroom_Lord

this version should have the widget removed, camera and gallery the right way around, and a 3d app drawer. (fyi I had had it disable due to performance but I think its got better than when I last tried it!)

small chance I out completely the wrong files in there as I didn't bother to change Rom and a load of other stuff kept appearing :L

this can be flashed via clockwork, no further scripting needed (:

FLB_LP_THEME_V2.zip

Guest Simon O

This is mainly for the benefit of TheManicGibbon.

I've changed a few things around in the install script, added some extra bits to ensure correct permissions in the system, and hopefully fixed the root issue once and for all. Superuser bin updated and kept in xbin with correct permissions set and a symlink made to bin/su also. This should allow all root apps to find the su binary at all times.

Also added two files to enable/disable system write access which is used by some root apps.

Can't test this myself as I don't have a blade any more (sorry guys) but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Copy over the content of the rom zip and flash as normal, should be fine. Or wait for somebody to integrate this into the rom? :D

Edit: Removed. it didn't work strangely.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
No, i am on serbian - Telekom Srbija MTS

the rom may not have MMS information for your provider in the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file.