[GUIDE] All in one n00bies guide! NOW INCLUDING GINGERBREAD UPDATES!!

Guest FlashL3gend

Guest FlashL3gend

Hey guys! I have decided to create a topic so everyone, especially n00bs, to learn how to root, flash bb's etc. What I'm going to do is give a brief explanation on what everything is and then proceed with the steps!

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone during these steps! DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Now that has been explained lets start!

1.ROOTING

What is it?

Rooting allows your phone to do many things which you cannot do originally. It gives you access to system files and allows you to modify it or delete it. For the more basic people it is like being an administrator on your computer instead of being a normal user.

Rooting

Before you start, make sure you have downloaded the needed apps, on the download section of this post, and have the eclair update or the latest firmware! (The needed apps are superoneclickroot and xrecovery.) Okay on your phone go to settings, applications and check ON unknown resources, then go to development and check ON usb debugging. Once done open up superoneclick on your computer. Plug in the usb connector to your pc ready to plug to your phone. Now click on root on superoneclick and wait for it to say 'Waiting for device' then plug the usb to your phone.S1C.jpg

After that a command should pop up asking to install busybox click allow. Once that is done it should be finished and there you go you now have a rooted phone!

Xrecovery

After you have rooted your phone it is important to install xrecovery which you can use to flash roms and do many other stuff. To install simply download the apk at the bootom of the post and install it. Then go to it in your phone menu and install files and you are done. To boot into recovery mode you have to turn your phone off and reboot it. When Sony Ericsson screen comes up continuously press back button and it should boot.

xrecovery3.jpg

2. FLASHING BASEBANDS

Is a type of data transmission in which digital or analog data is sent over a single unmultiplexed channel, such as an Ethernet LAN. Baseband transmission use TDM to send simultaneous bits of data along the full bandwidth of the transmission channel.

Flashing BB

First of all you need to have the specific bb you want to use, have the eclair update and a ROOTED phone.THIS GUIDE IS FOR FTF FILES ONLY! Programs you need is Flashtool. Okay first of all download specific bb and flashtool. Make sure your phone has unknown resources and usb debugging ON! in the firmware file in flashtool folder put the specific bb in it. Once that is done power off your phone. Now go to flashtool and click on 'flash' and a menu will appear. Click on the bb you want to flash and press ok. When a window pops up saying connect usb hold the back button on your phone and plug usb in. DONT LET GO OF BACK BUTTON YET! Wait until it finds the device and starts flashing now you can let go of back button. When it has finished reboot your phone and it should work!

NOTICE: WHEN FLASHING BB WITH .435 FW BB .49 AND .52 COMES UP WITH UNKNOWN BB! iF YOU ARE FLASHING ROMS IT WILL CHANGE AND SAY IT IS BB .49 OR .52 SO DONT FREAK!

3.ROMS

Flashing roms is very easy! here are the steps!

MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS ROOTED AND HAS XRECOVERY!!

First download desired rom to your phone and make sure you have required bb. Once done go to recovery menu and do a backup, factory reset, wipe cache partition, format cache and wipe dalvik cache. The go to install custom zip and choose custom zip from sd card. Find your desired rom and flash it and your done!

GINGERBREAD UPDATE

FLASHING GINGERBREAD

Ok, so if you were wondering How do i flash rooted gingerbread or It's too complicated here is the guide to do it! So first you will need to have 2.1 rom, best way so far, and it has to be rooted and have the Gingerbread Kernal and BB ftf below. Save this ftf file to your firmwares folder on flashtool. Download the Gingerbread rooted zip down below to your phone and flash it through xrecovery. Just like flashing a rom factory reset, wipe partition etc. So once flashed DON'T REBOOT!!! TAKE YOUR BATTERY OUT! Wait 30 seconds and then put it back in and flash the Kernal and BB via flashtool. Once that is completed you can now turn your phone on and play with your NEW rooted gingerbread rom!!

As you may know the gingerbread update you have to use a different recovery than the normal one. BEFORE STARTING MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE OLD XRECOVERY 0.3! So to make it work download the Xrecovery GB down below and extract it on your phone! Using root explorer mount system R/W and go to system-bins-and place chargemon and charger into it. Then go to xbin and place sh and xrecovery tar. Once done boot into xrecovery and you shouldn't have the sd card mounting problem anymore! Thank Z for this.

DOWNLOADS

FlashTool HERE

Xrecovery HERE

BASEBANDS

.46 HERE

.49 HERE

.52 HERE

.54(x10a) HERE

.54(x10i) HERE

.55(x10a) HERE

.58(x10i) HERE

.67(x10i) HERE

NEW! .71 GINGERBREAD BB! HERE

SUPERONECLICKROOT HERE

NEW! Xrecovery GB HERE

NEW! Gingerbread Rooted HERE

NEW! Gingerbread Kernal and BB FTF HERE

Hope you enjoy this and found it useful!!

If there is any errors pease tell me and post below if this was useful or not.

And if you have any ideas pease post a comment so I can add.

Edited by FlashL3gend

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest FlashL3gend

HEY everyone! As im not always here if something new comes up like a new version of flashtool comes up can you please notify me so i can replace the older version with the new one! Thx guys!

Guest rendeiro2005

i just don´t get why use superoneclick, xrecovery, etc separately instead of flashtool since with only one app you can get everything (flash SE roms, get rooted, install xrecovery, install JIT, clean SE junk files/apps, etc.etc.etc)

either way, valid guide for those who prefer this waywink.gif

Guest FlashL3gend

i just don´t get why use superoneclick, xrecovery, etc separately instead of flashtool since with only one app you can get everything (flash SE roms, get rooted, install xrecovery, install JIT, clean SE junk files/apps, etc.etc.etc)

either way, valid guide for those who prefer this waywink.gif

Yeah i suppose your right just to me this is how i did it before finding out about flashtool. So either way you can use any method you want as long as it suits you.

Guest shubham6300

Guys plz help, I flashed the kernel_baseband for above gingerbird Rom but I did a mistake I flashed this kernel+baseband earlier than installing the ROM.

After I flashed, I got stucked into bootlop

and when I started xrecovery for installing ROM, It showing cant mount sdcard.

Plzzzz Help me what should I do now?

Should I flash any other kernel, If yes than can anybody gimme link for it, my previous BB was .49 and was using Trip's MIUI Froyo Rom

I am thinking of flashing bb .49, is this will fix my prob??

Or should i flash whole firmaware Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.2.A.0.24:- http://multiupload.com/BF7WMERWJB got from forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343

Or any other thing??

Plz Plz Help guys.

Big Thanks in advance

Edited by shubham6300

Guest rendeiro2005

Guys plz help, I flashed the kernel_baseband for above gingerbird Rom but I did a mistake I flashed this kernel+baseband earlier than installing the ROM.

After I flashed, I got stucked into bootlop

and when I started xrecovery for installing ROM, It showing cant mount sdcard.

Plzzzz Help me what should I do now?

Should I flash any other kernel, If yes than can anybody gimme link for it, my previous BB was .49 and was using Trip's MIUI Froyo Rom

I am thinking of flashing bb .49, is this will fix my prob??

Or should i flash whole firmaware Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.2.A.0.24:- http://multiupload.com/BF7WMERWJB got from forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343

Or any other thing??

Plz Plz Help guys.

Big Thanks in advance

to have a working GB xRecovery download the 2 files attached, unzip them and with root explorer copy chargemon and charger to \system\bin and sh and xrecovery.tar to \system\xbin.

after that long press on those 4 files copied then set permissions and check all boxes. reboot

Guest shubham6300

to have a working GB xRecovery download the 2 files attached, unzip them and with root explorer copy chargemon and charger to \system\bin and sh and xrecovery.tar to \system\xbin.

after that long press on those 4 files copied then set permissions and check all boxes. reboot

Bro, I have mentioned above that I am stucked into boot loop so how m I suppose to run Root explorer if I e1 cant start mobile??

But thanks for trying :)

Plzz help Guys...

Guest rendeiro2005

Bro, I have mentioned above that I am stucked into boot loop so how m I suppose to run Root explorer if I e1 cant start mobile??

But thanks for trying :)

Plzz help Guys...

than you have to flash from scratch

root

xrec

etc...

Guest shubham6300

than you have to flash from scratch

root

xrec

etc...

Some Short points:-

-->Currently I have bootloop cant mount sdcard in xrec.

-->My BB was .49 before I flashed above .ftf

--> My Rom is Trip's Froyo.

Bro m little newbie, So can you tell me how am I suppose to get the 2.1 ROM? I have its backup created by xrecovery but xrec cant mount sdcard.... :(

Guest rendeiro2005

Some Short points:-

-->Currently I have bootloop cant mount sdcard in xrec.

-->My BB was .49 before I flashed above .ftf

--> My Rom is Trip's Froyo.

Bro m little newbie, So can you tell me how am I suppose to get the 2.1 ROM? I have its backup created by xrecovery but xrec cant mount sdcard.... :(

check my post above.

if that doesn´t work, HERE is a TUT I´ve made long time ago at XDA wink.gif

Guest shubham6300

1, trying it just 1 question, in which mode i have to connect USB??

I mean in tut. it say:-

2. Connect phone to usb and computer and enable unknown sources and enable usb debugging.

3. Reboot into your current xrecovery

I am stuck in bootloop, so connect usb in flash mode or connect it directly while phone is switched off??

I think you need to have mobile switched on...

Thanks

Edited by shubham6300

Guest rendeiro2005

1, trying it just 1 question, in which mode i have to connect USB??

I mean in tut. it say:-

2. Connect phone to usb and computer and enable unknown sources and enable usb debugging.

3. Reboot into your current xrecovery

I am stuck in bootloop, so connect usb in flash mode or connect it directly while phone is switched off??

I think you need to have mobile switched on...

Thanks

hummm. you´re right. on that tut you need a working xrec (didn´t realize that, sorry)

check my tut to install 2.1 rom

Guest shubham6300

hummm. you´re right. on that tut you need a working xrec (didn´t realize that, sorry)

check my tut to install 2.1 rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=994322 This one?

Btw i got this bootloop + cant mount sd card from when i flashed the kernel+baseband for above GB Rom, I think if i reflash another kernel+baseband, all problems will get fixed?? If yes, then should I flast the above(in main thread post) bb.49 or I will need kernel too?

Thanks

Guest rendeiro2005

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=994322 This one?

Btw i got this bootloop + cant mount sd card from when i flashed the kernel+baseband for above GB Rom, I think if i reflash another kernel+baseband, all problems will get fixed?? If yes, then should I flast the above(in main thread post) bb.49 or I will need kernel too?

Thanks

nop.

this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343

also before you try anything else try to install this first through flashtool. this is GB kernel may be enough

Guest shubham6300

nop.

this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343

also before you try anything else try to install this first through flashtool. this is GB kernel may be enough

Bro, thas your mega flashtool guide but it contains lot of topic, i cant find any for 2.1.

Btw the kernel baseband you gave is of GB Rom, but my current ROM is Trip's MIUI froyo.

As I stated previously that I was gonna use this GB Rom but I flashed kernel baseband first(mistakely, should have installed Rom first) and after that I cant install GB Rom(bcoz of sdcard mount prob bootloop) so I think I need Kernel+baseband for that froyo Rom.

Btw flashed the kernel+bb you gave, still have same prob :(

Edited by shubham6300

Guest rendeiro2005

Bro, thas your mega flashtool guide but it contains lot of topic, i can find any for 2.1.

Btw the kernel baseband you gave is of GB Rom, but my current ROM is Trip's MIUI froyo.

As I stated previously that I was gonna use this GB Rom but I flashed kernel baseband first(mistakely, should have installed Rom first) and after that I cant install GB Rom(bcoz of sdcard mount prob bootloop)

That tut is used to install any android version. 1.6 / 2.1 or GB

Guest rendeiro2005

I still didnt got, your flashtool guide contain firmware how to flash them how to root safe list.

So should I flash the firmware? This one:- Generic version 2.1update1 build 2.0.2.A.0.24

if your objective is to upgrade to gb you can choose any of the ftf files posted, really doesn´t matter.

or simpler is download the gingerbread version also posted there.

note: i´ve created a thread here at MoDaCo after reading your difficulties HERE.

if you install the gb version at that same thread you´ll find a how-to root by DooMLoRD

Edited by rendeiro2005

Guest shubham6300

if your objective is to upgrade to gb you can choose any of the ftf files posted, really doesn´t matter.

or simpler is download the gingerbread version also posted there.

note: i´ve created a thread here at MoDaCo after reading your difficulties HERE.

if you install the gb version at that same thread you´ll find a how-to root by DooMLoRD

Bro, my current objective is to fix my prob i.e fix bootloop + mount sdcard in xrec. I am ready for use any ROM, just my both prob should get fixed