2.3 with Sense 2.1!!

Guest Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

Hello,

I'm not entirely sure if this is new information or not, but recently HTC have made a website called htcdev.com where they will upload HTC Sense SDK for developers, the interesting thing is, as you all know, Android Gingerbread is on it's way to HTC Desire pretty soon! There has also been speculation about whether it will get the new (not the newEST, but certainly newer) HTC Sense, well hopefully this image posted on htcdev.com will clear some things up for all you non-believers who don't think HTC will provide the new Sense with the upcoming Gingerbread update!

http://www.htcdev.com/about/

The image in the 'About Us' is a HTC Desire, we know this is a fact, but what's this? it seems to be using the newer Sense UI 2.1, HOPEFULLY this means that the original Desire handsets will be equipped with some, if not, all of the new features in HTC Sense 2.1 in the Gingerbread update speculated for an end of June release!

Comments anyone? Information on Gingerbread release date? Interesting conversations with HTC Reps?

Post here!

Mods feel free to move or lock this if it's not in the right place or not meant for this forum at all!

Peace out!

Guest Christo0908

If you notice, the icons along the bottom are different, these are the icons for Sense 2.1 in the screenshot to the left, there's no saying they haven't used the DHD screenshot on a Desire device, but who knows, hopefully we will! :D

Guest EddyOS

Photoshop - enough said :D

I'm not saying it's not going to happen but that's just a publicity render and is in no way a real life photo of an operating handset

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Christo0908

it's definitely photoshopped, but it may be a screenshot of a Desire device using sense 2.1, because if you notice, the USB is connected with debugging, so maybe it's just a custom ROM, maybe it's official, who knows, maybe it is official screenshotted using eclipse or other such software!

Guest Christo0908

What can I say, it's good to have a positive outlook on things! :D

Also with the release of the the Gingerbread update and the OpenSense SDK, developers will hopefully be able to port Sense versions, MOD them and such with alot more ease, and, although the Devs like Paul, Flib and the CyanogenMod team are doing a magnificent job, also make custom ROMs just that bit more reliable, HTC I think are going down the developer friendly road by unlocking the boot loaders and posting they're own UI SDK

Guest Passeh
If you want new Sense (lockscreen and all) then go look at RCMix over on XDA - It's awesome!! :D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=988570

Wait so this http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=988570 is 2.33 with Sense 2.1? for Desire? o.O

Any known bugs? And how much internal memory do you get to keep?.

Edited by Passeh

Guest EddyOS

It uses A2SD+ so you need a (recommended) 1GB EXT3/4 partition on your SD card but on first boot I had about 140MB+ internal space. It does run some of the ROM on the SD card so it'll all fit but it's awesome :D