How could we improve Bluetooth performance?

Guest CrArC

Guest CrArC

Just wondering if anyone else struggles with bluetooth as much as I do. The thing just doesn't seem to work properly on any ROM as long as Wifi is enabled.

When Wifi is disabled performance improves, but it's still not ideal. Anything time-sensitive (ie streaming audio) is disjointed and buggy.

I hear in the Vega the bluetooth and wifi services share the same little antenna. Is that true? Can we not split the two? They're the same antenna but they have separate connectors to it, right?

If I got a miniPCIE bluetooth module and accompanying antenna, is there a way to get it working on the Vega?

I miss being able to listen to music on my headphones (the Vega's inbuilt headphone amp, as we all know, leaves much to be desired).

Guest trevor432990

Have you tried doing what MaxIP suggests in another topic?

- reboot Vega

- start music player BEFORE starting BT or connecting to BT receiver

- when started, connect to BT speakers (or in your case headphones)

Might help let us know

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SafkaFIN
Have you tried doing what MaxIP suggests in another topic?

- reboot Vega

- start music player BEFORE starting BT or connecting to BT receiver

- when started, connect to BT speakers (or in your case headphones)

Might help let us know

Hi. I've got a Advent Vega and HTC desire and i've been testing them with my jabra bluetooth stereo headset. I can connect just fine and listen local stuff but if you try listening for example net radios watching youtube stuff or listening spotify then Wifi and bluetooth becomes totally useless. So totally different devices and I've been running different ROMs at vega since day I bought it. :-) Now running vegacomb 1.6 with no diffrence... :-(

I just googled this issue and found this site below. Gives some answers. Fact is that Bluetooth and Wifi operates at the same frequensies. Or actually Bluetooth uses frequency hopping (at 1,600 hops per second) to hop over the entire 2.4 GHz band and thats the reason why Wifi and bluetooth does not work together...

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/artic...nterference.htm

Guest xathras
Hi. I've got a Advent Vega and HTC desire and i've been testing them with my jabra bluetooth stereo headset. I can connect just fine and listen local stuff but if you try listening for example net radios watching youtube stuff or listening spotify then Wifi and bluetooth becomes totally useless. So totally different devices and I've been running different ROMs at vega since day I bought it. :-) Now running vegacomb 1.6 with no diffrence... :-(

I just googled this issue and found this site below. Gives some answers. Fact is that Bluetooth and Wifi operates at the same frequensies. Or actually Bluetooth uses frequency hopping (at 1,600 hops per second) to hop over the entire 2.4 GHz band and thats the reason why Wifi and bluetooth does not work together...

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/artic...nterference.htm

Slow down for a moment and think. If bluetooth and wifi didn't work together you couldn't use GPS navigation because you need bluetooth to pull the position data from your GPS receiver and wifi (or 3G) to pull down the map data. Read this topic:-

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...on-on-the-vega/

At the bottom of the page your link points to you will find this :-

"For a couple years, the IEEE 802.15.2 task group, in conjunction with the Bluetooth SIG, has been working on a "recommended practice" that describes techniques to allow 802.11b and Bluetooth to coexist. Eventually the practices will likely become part of the standard. They're currently analyzing methods that will provide the best solution; expect some firm practices hopefully by the end of 2002."

In other words it's completely out-of-date.

Edited by xathras