I STILL have Keyboard Dock Battery Drain Issues. Do you?

Guest lytnus

Guest mysticc
Well... annoying != broken and as long as there is no word on standby usage when docked they don't have to do anything. To be honest, I'm using my TF with the dock attached only and can easily manage two days without charging, on a regular use basis. Waaaay better than my girlfriends IPAD2 I can tell you!

Way better may be - but that is not the point here.

Heavy draining of dock - 2 days until dock-battery goes from 100 % to 3% when shut off but docked is a NoGo.

Guest mysticc

ASUS De told me to send in my dock for repair.

32% and more loss in 18h when shut off completely.

Assuming they will send back a B60, mine is B50.

Will report here.

Guest g6hoq

Asus answer posted on Facebook

ASUS United KingdomApologies to anyone who has encountered issues with their Transformer keyboard dock (power drain and charging). The issue is related to the way we configured the device’s power management in/out of sleep mode. We will shortly be announcing details on how this will be resolved for our customers.

4 hours ago · Like ·

• 5 months later...
Guest grechster

Asus answer posted on Facebook

ASUS United KingdomApologies to anyone who has encountered issues with their Transformer keyboard dock (power drain and charging). The issue is related to the way we configured the device’s power management in/out of sleep mode. We will shortly be announcing details on how this will be resolved for our customers.

4 hours ago · Like ·

What happened with this. I very recently got a transformer with dock for my birthday and the dock is losing power when the device is powered off completely?

• 4 weeks later...

Read this thread. It contains all the info you need.

http://www.transform...l-solution.html

On December 31 I RMA'd my keyboard dock, and listed the defect as the "keyboard dock battery drain issue" as suggested in the post linked to above.

On January 2 I received shipping instructions.

Later on January 2 I packed up the key dock and handed it in to a UPS service center on the way home for work.

On January 3 I received delivery notification from UPS.

Today, January 11 I received a completely new replacement dock.

Problem solved (or gone away :)

Excellent service from Asus! :)

:-) Mikkle

Edited by Mikkle