[Kernel] ! 16/6 FreeKernel mod 3.51 - Eclair, FroYO, GB, MIUI!

Guest a1exander

Guest JingleJo
New

FreeKernel-mod350

:-)

Underclocking to 128Mhz works fine for me, no issues at all.

Infact, on setCPU, i had a profile of 128Mhz only when screen off, saves me a hell of a lot of battery

Regards.

Guest silord
Underclocking to 128Mhz works fine for me, no issues at all.

Infact, on setCPU, i had a profile of 128Mhz only when screen off, saves me a hell of a lot of battery

Regards.

how can i install the new kernel ?

had no problems with 1.5.6 and 3.47

tried it but end in a bootloop

Thx SI

Guest JingleJo
Is this work on Stock ROM?

Yes

I have this kernel on wolfbreak's CM6 Test 007

Perfect, after almost 11 hours of playing,

I still have about 45% battery,

Guest SourceCode

Hello –

Has anyone tried the Kernel 3.50 with TripNMiUI 1.6.1 or any other Trip’s MIUI ROMS?

I tried FreeKernelMod350 (the MIUI version) but unfortunately the Camcoder force closes on pressing the record button.

Thanks.

Guest lawonga
Hello –

Has anyone tried the Kernel 3.50 with TripNMiUI 1.6.1 or any other Trip’s MIUI ROMS?

I tried FreeKernelMod350 (the MIUI version) but unfortunately the Camcoder force closes on pressing the record button.

Thanks.

where do you download it?

Guest twerg

Try as much as I might this just does not work with Trips 1.6.1 MiUi. I have tried different BB's, from an already installed 1.6.1 on BB49 and 52, and two completely clean reinstalls of SE2.1. None work, can not get a signal and an error comes up on phone creen, something about some process not responding.

I give up, will stay on his stock 49 1.6.1. Really wanted to try this as I can see that Apps2SD seem to be included, a customer rom where we can use our large games etc would have been great...

Guest SourceCode
Try as much as I might this just does not work with Trips 1.6.1 MiUi. I have tried different BB's, from an already installed 1.6.1 on BB49 and 52, and two completely clean reinstalls of SE2.1. None work, can not get a signal and an error comes up on phone creen, something about some process not responding.

I give up, will stay on his stock 49 1.6.1. Really wanted to try this as I can see that Apps2SD seem to be included, a customer rom where we can use our large games etc would have been great...

FreeKernel mod350 may not work with Trip’s ROM. However there is another version of this kernel by the same developer, for the MIUI ROM.

Here is the link - http://www.gorochan.net

Its called “FreeKernel mod350 miui22”. I am using it with TripNMiUI 1.6.1 and everything is working (at least the apps I use), except the camcoder. The camera is working.

Had to use Videocam Illusion for the camcoder, it lags a bit though and perhaps not the best quality.

Hope this helps.

Edited by SourceCode

Guest evanbigfan
FreeKernel mod350 may not work with Trip’s ROM. However there is another version of this kernel by the same developer, for the MIUI ROM.

Its called “FreeKernel mod350 miui22”. I am using it with TripNMiUI 1.6.1 and everything is working (at least the apps I use), except the camcoder. The camera is working.

Had to use Videocam Illusion for the camcoder, it lags a bit though and perhaps not the best quality.

Hope this helps.

here is the link as the site is in Chinese or smth like that

http://www.mediafire.com/?ndzkaanfpg3363p

Guest twerg

Hope this helps.

Yep, this one works a treat, thanks. On BB49. It feels just as though it is stock (better of cause) but with the benefits of custom kernal. Everything seems to be working for me, except as you mention the camcorder, no biggy. Cheers

Guest glim9981
Yep, this one works a treat, thanks. On BB49. It feels just as though it is stock (better of cause) but with the benefits of custom kernal. Everything seems to be working for me, except as you mention the camcorder, no biggy. Cheers

I thought custom kernel only work with BB52??

Work also with BB49???

Guest rrusso

Im using 3.47 with Trips Miui 1.5.6...and everything is working fine...

With Miui 1.6.1 didnt work well (talking about performance)....i think some trips new tweaks are conflicting with the custom kernel on 1.6.1...

Guest DGetit

Im running k3.47 with trip miui 1.6.1 on bb49 and everything works, cam + video, wifi, sms well i havent found one single problem yet after starting from fresh install flashing rom 1st then bb49/52 from trips thread and rebooting let settle for a moment to all my restore stuff and then flash kernel and nothing wrong what so ever ;)

Guest evanbigfan

my bettery went went off,and i connected my phone to charger and its not charging,,,big bug in custom kernel,am using kernel 3.50 with tripn miui 1.6.1

Edited by evanbigfan

Guest twerg
I thought custom kernel only work with BB52??

Work also with BB49???

So did I at first, I think originally it was only for 52 but I saw that someone had Trip MiUi running this custom kernal on 49 and he said it worked flawlessly. Thought I would give it a try (only because I like to tinker and experiment, not because there was anything wrong with stock, which is great!) and indeed it is very good. Have not encountered any problems of any sort (no FC, no random reboots, a game that needs SD Card worked, deep sleep works after changing and reboot etc). Did have lots of problems using the wrong kernal to start with, got the correct one from a post here or XDA, totaly clean install of EVERYTHING and wholla, fantastic stuff. Just need to see how the battery lasts, looks good so far though. (about 7 1/4 hours usage so far and battery has 68% left (though I had just under 100% battery to begin with), though rom probably has to settle bit more perhaps) I know Trip does not like medling with his roms but this is just too good so far, its so smooth and quicker even at normal speeds of 998mhz, have not needed to overclock yet. If I run into problems with using it, its my fault and I will work it out myself but its not an issue to revert back to stock but dont see the need... Go for it if you havent..

Edited by twerg

Guest twerg
my bettery went went off,and i connected my phone to charger and its not charging,,,big bug in custom kernel,am using kernel 3.50 with tripn miui 1.6.1

I have found that on the last two roms at least of Trips that if the battery is flat and the phone is off when you charge it it does nothing, you cant even turn the phone on if the charger is on and charging. As a result, I only charge with the phone on..

Guest evanbigfan
I have found that on the last two roms at least of Trips that if the battery is flat and the phone is off when you charge it it does nothing, you cant even turn the phone on if the charger is on and charging. As a result, I only charge with the phone on..

OMG THEN HOW U MAKE THE PHONE ,ITS DOESNT CHARGING,I WAIT FOR 30 MIN THEN TRY TO TURN IT ON BUT IT DOESNT,IT WAS NOT CHARGING (EVEN THE LED FLASHING RED EVERY 5 SEC )

Guest twerg
OMG THEN HOW U MAKE THE PHONE ,ITS DOESNT CHARGING,I WAIT FOR 30 MIN THEN TRY TO TURN IT ON BUT IT DOESNT,IT WAS NOT CHARGING (EVEN THE LED FLASHING RED EVERY 5 SEC )

Where I say it doesnt do anything (charging when off) thats how it appears to me, but I definitely can not turn it on if i am charging it when off, I do not let the battery get so low that I can not turn it on however. I have read (and this has not happened to me on X10, did on X1) that the red LED being on is because your battery is waaaay too low on charge, you have to leave it charging for a looooong time, I would then say to unconnect the charger and turn it on. Good luck.

Guest evanbigfan
Where I say it doesnt do anything (charging when off) thats how it appears to me, but I definitely can not turn it on if i am charging it when off, I do not let the battery get so low that I can not turn it on however. I have read (and this has not happened to me on X10, did on X1) that the red LED being on is because your battery is waaaay too low on charge, you have to leave it charging for a looooong time, I would then say to unconnect the charger and turn it on. Good luck.

WELL THANKS MAN,I'LL WAIT BUT THE PROBLEM IS I FORGOT THE USB CABEL AT WORK AND WONT BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK TILL MONDAY,SO I BOUGHT A NEW ONE TODAY BUT ITS SEEMS VERY VERY SLOW ON CHARGING SO PROVIDING THAT I GUESS AM GONNA WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE I CAN USE IT ;) ,ANY WAY THNX ONCE AGAIN

Guest vinfred

+ 1, yeah, work like charm!