custom you data partition's size

Guest Geno.Kolar

Guest XcalibuR18

Hello I'm new at Android.

I do as It said in the topic, but when I reboot the Phone it stays in IDEOS screen.

I try to go to recovery, but in there it sais that can't mount sd card.

How can I go back??

Guest That-Guy

Hello I'm new at Android.

I do as It said in the topic, but when I reboot the Phone it stays in IDEOS screen.

I try to go to recovery, but in there it sais that can't mount sd card.

How can I go back??

What have you done so far?

Guest airnex

Hi, I'm new to this. Can someone help me with below.

1. Backup your Internal 2G Storage, doing this will erase the internal 2G data.

How do I back up my internal 2G storage?

2. Download the attached partition.zip to EXTERNAL SDcard

Do I need to unzip the partition.zip file? and where should I place the file?

1. If you do not have anything installed on the internal storage, you do not need to save it. You can use a file explorer to check out the contents of the 2GB storage. It should be mounted at /HWUserData.

2. No, you do not need to unzip the file, just place it at the root of the external SD-card (the one you can replace).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Jaime Fonseca

Hello,

After I do the repartitioning the sd's (internal and external) they no longer have it mounted automatically when I disconnect the data cable.

What is the solution to this problem??

Thanks

Guest Jaime Fonseca

Hello,

It reverted to the oficial partition but the X5 does not mount external sd automaticaly after unplugging the data cable.

After disconnecting the data cable I have to manually mount the sd external partition and before he mounts automatically.

I need help please!

Thanks

Edited by Jaime Fonseca

Guest Jaime Fonseca

Hello,

After I do the repartitioning the sd's (internal and external) they no longer have it mounted automatically when I disconnect the data cable.

genokolar what is the solution for this problem??

It reverted to the oficial partition but the X5 still does not mount external sd automaticaly after unplugging the data cable.

After disconnecting the data cable I have to manually mount the sd external partition and before he mounts automatically.

I need help please!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a prob after re-partition the memory. Seems that all the apps run on my memory cars instead of run from phone memory. Now, my phone memory is empty with only file is LOST.DIR. May i know how to fix this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I couldnt find a way to disable app2sd (unless you ment the market app, which i dont have).

I tried it anyway, after hours of trying to disable it.

IT WORKED GREAT.

Thanks man.

Hi there i got a problem after returning back to original size... now the internal space is like my external card.. while im in android if i go to recovery it apears the sd card

What can i do to return it to normal?

• 1 month later...
Guest That-Guy

Hello,

I want to return-to-stock partition but can't understand how to do. Can someone help plz?

Thanks

Exactly the same way you originally partitioned your phone but use the stock partition file in the opening post :)

return-to-stock partition solution upgrade package:

http://www.mediafire...x72e6p4hvo3adhj

Custom Partition tool:

useage:

1. download this tool and unzip to any directory 2. run custpartition.bat, follow the prompts to enter the number 3. and custpartition.bat positions will generate the partition file 4. replace the same file in the package 5. flash the zip pack, OK!

http://www.mediafire...m1nqg1y4gp5szp5

But I can see 2 files to download.

The 1st one is the rar archive that contains the custpartition.bat and we should run it before flashing that second file. Is that it????

How do we run it?

Guest That-Guy

But I can see 2 files to download.

The 1st one is the rar archive that contains the custpartition.bat and we should run it before flashing that second file. Is that it????

How do we run it?

Flash the zip file in Clockwork listed on the first page as "return-to-stock partition solution upgrade package"

Instructions are on the first page too!

• 2 months later...
Guest kaska_pt

This one:

return-to-stock partition solution upgrade package:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x72e6p4hvo3adhj

thank you for taking the time to answer :)

Since the replies weren't coming and it was my girlfriends phone, I figured out another method... I was in doubt of the correct partition file to use, so I've executed the custom partition utility from Genokolar and when it asked for the data size, I've written the default stock size of 600mb for the data, therefore it sent the remaining 2gb where they were supposed to go :)

On another point and due to the partitioning subject, I've USB bricked my phone 2 times in 2 different ways lol, the solution was always to flash the official 2.3.5 rom from an external memory card WITHOUT the battery !

In the second time the usb brick, wouldn't let me mount the /emmc(internal 2gb card and /sdcard(external card) in clockwork mod, so like you can figure it out, there was no way to flash whatever the hell it was...the solution was the same!

"vol_up + vol_dw + power" + external memory card with the official 2.3.5 rom on it

regards

• 1 month later...
Guest DHLS

Hello.

I have a few questions: can you help?

1) When I followed the instructions in your post, I got this message (I think that "Flash" is the same thing as "apply update" - is this right?):

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted
I'm guessing that this process requires me to root my phone first - or am I missing a different detail? 2) The instructions said that I should reboot into recovery after flashing, but don't see this option - I can only reboot, and then use

adb reboot recovery

to go back to recovery mode - is that normal?

3) The custpartition.bat script asks "Please type your want size of the partition DATA". Am I giving the size of the "Internal SD Card" (which I can put files on) or the size of the part used for "Internal storage" (which holds my apps etc.)?

Thank you for spending the time to create this utility, and helping others to use it.

Best regards,

Damian

• 1 month later...

something that I don't think no one as ever said.

If you play with your phone partitions, your will have 90% probabilities of losing IMEI when changing between stock roms, 2.2 to 2.3 or 2.3 to 2.2.

In the miidle of and upgrade or downgrade you will eventually corrupt your IMEI and belive me, without the IMEI you problems with your phone are just in the begining.

I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO PLAY WITH YOUR PHONE PARTITIONS.

Speaking by own experience!

• 2 months later...
Guest Daniel Santos

Hi,

Can you make this work on a G300 (8815)?

I've googled a lot and did't find anything like this, a used on my u8800 and it was perfect =)

Thanks ina advance =)

Dany

• 1 month later...
Guest Cursed Chico

Please help. I did these steps and finally i made to reboot and i made a lot of rebooting after it, now it shows the screen of ideos and cant load the phone. PLease help me.

And i tried to make volume up + power, but still cant go into cwm mode.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

At me a problem with Huawei u8800 ideos x5. I can not stitch. Recovery and pink screen work. The mistake At restoration Backup gives out a mistake E:format_volume: make_extf4fs failed on /dev/block/mmcblk0p13. The mistake has taken place from restoration of the size on official.

Help please.

Excuse for mistakes.