[Theme] JGM Software Gingerbread Theme

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hello,

I want to install this theme (JGM Software Gingerbread Circle Battery Mod Theme for Huawei U8800 Standard Battery Version 2-Fixed) but I have been reading the post and note that some people reported bugs. Are this fixed already and can we install it good?

Thank you

Guest migons

I've found a bug!

When using the Root Explorer is not possible to visualize the letters of the program menu.

The letters are white and are indistinguishable from white background.

Here is the picture:

Disable/enable Compatibility Mode in Spare Parts -> reboot. Should do the trick.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hello,

I want to install this theme (JGM Software Gingerbread Circle Battery Mod Theme for Huawei U8800 Standard Battery Version 2-Fixed) but I have been reading the post and note that some people reported bugs. Are this fixed already and can we install it good?

Thank you

Think so, only the problem with Root Explorer, and that's nothing to do with my theme, perhaps a solution above? smile.gif

Guest Pelemane

if I apply this theme will it change the system language (Portuguese)?

No

edit: lol too slow

Edited by Pelemane

Guest TheManicGibbon

just applied this theme and look great.

but looks like the device runs smoothly with the original one or is just my impression?

You mean the phone is smoother with the stock theme? I doubt that to be honest; after all, the only thing the theme does really is swap images? IE- stock icons for Gingerbread ones...have you installed any other apps or flashed addons recently? Perhaps they could have an impact?

Hope this helps.

You mean the phone is smoother with the stock theme? I doubt that to be honest; after all, the only thing the theme does really is swap images? IE- stock icons for Gingerbread ones...have you installed any other apps or flashed addons recently? Perhaps they could have an impact?

Hope this helps.

I have been installing lots of apps but not flash anything at all as I'm still a noob.

I did a battery recalibration yesterday evening and this morning the phone was complettly depleted.... how do I fix this?

Guest TheManicGibbon

I have been installing lots of apps but not flash anything at all as I'm still a noob.

I did a battery recalibration yesterday evening and this morning the phone was complettly depleted.... how do I fix this?

Sorry mate I can't be of much help with that; I don't actually have a U8800, I just develop themes for it :) That-Guy or flibblesan will be able to help you there, and they'll probably be along soon wink.gif

Guest That-Guy

As said in your other post, see what apps are eating through your battery power with this app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1179809

Guest TheManicGibbon

THANK YOU!!

Looks verry pretty on my white ideos x5 with FLB custom ROM B137 r7 + superboot.

I'm glad you're satisfied :) Thanks.

Guest TheManicGibbon

How can i apply Launcer icon pack?

Recovery says that installation aborted..

Sorry mate it's not something you flash; download it to your PC, unzip it and there's icons in there you can use for dock shortcuts and stuff within Launcher Pro.

Hope this helps.

Sorry mate it's not something you flash; download it to your PC, unzip it and there's icons in there you can use for dock shortcuts and stuff within Launcher Pro.

Hope this helps.

Only for launcher pro? not for original launcher?

Where do i find those files that should overwrite?

Thank you.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Only for launcher pro? not for original launcher?

Where do i find those files that should overwrite?

Thank you.

I only use Launcher Pro; they will probably work in other third party launchers too. The stock launcher is not customisable at all apart from the wallpaper.

For Launcher Pro (other launchers will likely be similar);

For dock shortcut: long press on shortcut > Change icon > Custom Icon > Select the icon from your SD Card using the Gallery app, or other file explorer.

For homescreen shortcut: long press on homescreen > Shortcut > Applications > [APP] > Touch the icon to change is as above, through Gallery or other file explorer.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest schiz0phrenia

Hi TheManicGibbon,

There is a theme like Cyanogen but it has a wireless problem. When I want to enter wireless options, it resets instantly. Can you fix it?

Cyanogen's link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1116779

I wanna ask one more question. Can I install your theme without Gingerbread settings? If I can do this, please tell me your way. Gingerbread settings don't let me change the 2G-3G options.

Edited by schiz0phrenia

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hi TheManicGibbon,

There is a theme like Cyanogen but it has a wireless problem. When I want to enter wireless options, it resets instantly. Can you fix it?

Cyanogen's link here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1116779

I wanna ask one more question. Can I install your theme without Gingerbread settings? If I can do this, please tell me your way. Gingerbread settings don't let me change the 2G-3G options.

If you mean using the power control widget, it's probably an issue with that itself. Does it work fine in Wireless and Networks Settings?

Sure, just delete Settings.apk from my theme file before you flash it. Or, if you've already flashed it, replace it with the apk from your ROM. Get back to me if you don't know how to do this.

Hope this helps :)

Guest schiz0phrenia

If you mean using the power control widget, it's probably an issue with that itself. Does it work fine in Wireless and Networks Settings?

Sure, just delete Settings.apk from my theme file before you flash it. Or, if you've already flashed it, replace it with the apk from your ROM. Get back to me if you don't know how to do this.

I mean Wi-Fi settings in Wireless & network settings menu, not power control widget. When I trying to turn on WiFi from preferences it goes to reboot. This theme have same problems, you can look at comments. If you using Cyanogen Theme, Using only 2G networks options is a problem too. I can select this option but when I restart my phone It's goes to unselect <_< Is these fixable problems?

I've already flashed your theme and didn't get a backup. How can I replace it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

I mean Wi-Fi settings in Wireless & network settings menu, not power control widget. When I trying to turn on WiFi from preferences it goes to reboot. This theme have same problems, you can look at comments. If you using Cyanogen Theme, Using only 2G networks options is a problem too. I can select this option but when I restart my phone It's goes to unselect <_< Is these fixable problems?

I've already flashed your theme and didn't get a backup. How can I replace it?

Sorry for the slow reply. Take Settings.apk from system/app from the ROM ZIP that you downloaded from MoDaCo. Use a program such as 7-Zip to do this. Next, replace the Settings.apk from my theme with the one you just took from the ROM, and then flash this new file.

Hope this helps, get back to me if that's too vague or you have any other problems.

Guest schiz0phrenia

Sorry for the slow reply. Take Settings.apk from system/app from the ROM ZIP that you downloaded from MoDaCo. Use a program such as 7-Zip to do this. Next, replace the Settings.apk from my theme with the one you just took from the ROM, and then flash this new file.

Hope this helps, get back to me if that's too vague or you have any other problems.

Don't worry mate :)

I tried all your ways but I can't solve the restart problem in cyanogen style theme. I guess It's not interested with settings.apk file. So sorry for distracting you...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheManicGibbon

is it possible to apply these theme (icon pack) with lastes MIUI rom?

If you mean the Launcher Pro icon pack, this is simply a collection of PNG images that you assign to shortcuts or similar in a launcher of your choice. This means the pack is ROM independent and can be used on any ROM, or indeed any handset.