EXCLUSIVE: More on the AndyPad project

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest davidlt

I have an iPhone 3G, which has only 128MB, I think. 512MB is probably a normal mark right now and 1GB as maximal. I haven't seen a phone or a tablet, which would have 2GB. Maybe 256MB might be a bit low.

Also why not use Android 3.X? I don't think 2.3 is the right way to go. I am current working with Cortex-A8 720Mhz CPU, and it's quite a powerful machine I must say.

Guest stirkac
I have an iPhone 3G, which has only 128MB, I think. 512MB is probably a normal mark right now and 1GB as maximal. I haven't seen a phone or a tablet, which would have 2GB. Maybe 256MB might be a bit low.

Also why not use Android 3.X? I don't think 2.3 is the right way to go. I am current working with Cortex-A8 720Mhz CPU, and it's quite a powerful machine I must say.

1.android isn't comparable to iphone since it runs objective-c apps, and android has Dalvik VM to run apps

iphone will thus use less ram and will be slower without optimizations, android will use lots of ram and be quicker(if we compare it on same HW)

2.3.x is currently tegra only afaik.

Guest FlatPackPete

Just in case no-one noticed the AndyPad site has been updated with some specs......and a price!

1.2Ghz A8 processor (I assume single core)

Android 2.3

HMDI out

All for £129 (about 146 Euros or $210 for any yanks out there)

No word on if that includes VAT and the big question of what type of screen it is.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest shenglong

Advent vega with a smaller better screen 200£ range = WINNING

No point going into the £100 range because the chinese will always dominate

Its all about mid range...