Unlock or Reflash Firmware on DesireHD

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

Wonder if ya could help me...? Some of you may know me in the Orange SanFranisco section, and loving that phone... and can get me way around that. But I am trying to help a friend of mine, who is having issues with her HTC. And unlock OSF which is easy to re-install with ClockworkMod, am finding it differcult to do hers??

Basically, she lent her phone to a friend, who for a laugh guessed her lockscreen password incorrectly 3x times, and now its permentely locked down. Now this shouldnt be a problem with her Google acc, but she cant even remember that.... ;) I have told her to create a new one, and how important a Google Acc is too Android, Market, and that everything syncs too it, such as Contacts and Passwords, so thats fine now, just cant remember her old one.

So thought of trying to restore the phone, factory reset it? (I've never been in this issue before, so cant speak from experience) But can that be done from the Lockscreen for what she is seeing (I am not with her, so cant see whats on the screen).

Or, can, like us on OSF with ClockworkMod, be able to flash a ROM too it from SD Card, and how?? I cant find the official non modded ROM, norr do I think its ever been rooted as its all official. So dont know how HTC apply their firmwares....

I know it sounds odd, but its all genuine... failing that, she'll jus have to take it back to 02, but I am sure there must be a way so she can get her phone working tonight... and save all the hassle...

Many thanks, Lister

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Guys,

No worries, jus to update, we have found official guides on HTCs website, on how to factory reset it... so jus following that... ;)

Its gonna keep the same OS, jus wipe the data so she can start again. I think it comes with 2.2 if I am right from what I am reading, and if she upgrades to 2.2.1 it will loose Root access??

I wonna be able to guide her towards ClockWorkMod providing its supported, as it makes life so much easier... :P

Thanks, Lister

Guest Daz555

I was about to say you can reset to factory via recovery but you have found that. As for ROMS. Gingerbread is out now and this cannot yet be rooted as is. It involves downgrading first and they sorting out the S-Off stuff before applying new ROMS. XDA is the place to go for DHD stuff. Modaco is very qiuet for this device.

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi Daz555,

Thank you so much, for even replying... ;) You would not believe how much of a mission this wasy to do it all over the web, and using Google as your friend. I could not find the info I needed so readily available, it seems far more of a mission than my Android (which is ZTE Blade, with ClockworkMod).

Eventually, resorted to Google Images for the menu's, and YouTube for the tips/clips....

But yeah thank you for your input and advice, I really would appreciate this device to be rooted. Although she has never had that, or know what it does. I think it'll give her more features. I wonna put ClockWordMod on it, so I can backup the current Rom, and apply new Roms just like that.

If ya hear of Gingerbeard being Rooted would be great....

I now gotta explain the advantages of using Google in the account, for Contacts, Apps and Passwords.... as she used it to is very basics... :P

But yeah, once again... thank you... Lister