Camera faulty?

Guest @trk

Guest Yavuz Yilmaz

Problem solved!

I left libcamera+liboemcamera with no permissions at all and while booting these files couldn't be accessed.

Connected phone to linux distro (while in 'pink' mode) and changed the files read+write permissions.

With this one solved I'll go to the next level: ROM flashing! 8-)

What about the ones don't have a linux distro?

Is there a chance to make these permission modifications on the phone just before shutting it down? Like using Root Explorer. If it is possible, how can it be done?

• 2 weeks later...

What about the ones don't have a linux distro?

Is there a chance to make these permission modifications on the phone just before shutting it down? Like using Root Explorer. If it is possible, how can it be done?

Yes it's possible!

If you use Rott Explorer: long-finger-press the libcamera files and be sure to grant Read (at least) and Write (maybe not necessary) permissions.

You may have to mount R/W on internal ROM first.

Hope it helps!

• 6 months later...
Guest t.alternativo

Yes it's possible!

If you use Rott Explorer: long-finger-press the libcamera files and be sure to grant Read (at least) and Write (maybe not necessary) permissions.

You may have to mount R/W on internal ROM first.

Hope it helps!

hepl please !!! i just replace the lib files and my phone dont boot anymore !!! damn !! :(( need help really bad

Guest t.alternativo

Isn't the sky normally red? ;)

There is a problem in your camera libs. You need to copy the 2 files included in this zip to /system/lib/ (You can use root explorer or ADB).

http://www.mediafire...1oqndr55bap1vwd

This have brick my phone !! the phone can´t boot now !! and i haven´t the backup lib files, now what? :( i need a soution URGENT PLEASE SOMEONE

Guest t.alternativo

This have brick my phone !! the phone can´t boot now !! and i haven´t the backup lib files, now what? :( i need a soution URGENT PLEASE SOMEONE

I solve the problem.... i have used a linux ubuntu to change files permission.

Huawei Ideos X5

-1Ghz ( Overclock boot.img)

-Froyo 2.2.2 overseas (fast, don´t have a singe bug)

-Radio FM (spirit FM with no problems)

-Incrise SD card Speed up to 2Mb ! (Specific software, app )

-Partition optimize 1.4 Gb Memory for apps and 1.2Gb internal SD + Micro SD card 16Gb

- no limit of FPS

-Everything is stable anda camera work fine

Thats my phone :)

• 1 year later...
Guest jerum3030

post-1025388-0-89690100-1379496604_thumb

Hi, I'm not experienced with modifying my phone and I think I have the same problem,

Please view attached pic.

What would be the safest and easiest way of solving this problem please?

Thank you in advance.

Downloaded your link to phone and extracted. Copy with Root Explorer, navigate to correct directory, mount R/W, rename old files to '.backup', paste files, change permissions to match the rest of the files in there and reboot.

I would try this and some of the other solutions mentioned in this post but I'm really scared of bricking my phone!

I haven't had any experience installing custom roms either or rooting my phone.

I have clockwork mod installed on the phone but only used it to backup a couple of times ages ago.

I also have the looked at the ultimate guide to the ideos x5 but i'm still a lil unsure what would be the safest way to solve this problem?

Android Version 2.3.5

Build Number U8800V100R001C00B526G001 (is this just known as B526 by the way?)

Edited by jerum3030