My streak is small now!

Guest spacecat46

Guest spacecat46

After having my streak for a year now I have got used to its size

Last week I bought a galaxy tab for my long commute to work and browsing round the house its superb. I have put gingerbread on it and there is a honeycomb alpha

My streak works excellently as a wireless modem for my tab when I am out and about and is still very handy when the tab is not practical to use and I don't need a second data plan

My streak feels like a little phone now :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spacecat46

Last week I bought a galaxy tab for my long commute to work and browsing round the house its superb. I have put gingerbread on it and there is a honeycomb alpha

My streak works excellently as a wireless modem for my tab when I am out and about and is still very handy when the tab is not practical to use and I don't need a second data plan

Is this the record for the most looked at but not commented on post ever?:-)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toyfreak

I just got a Galaxy Tab, too and it's amazing how quickly we adapt... My Streak feels small now as well. I have hacked the Tab to do voice calls and I am trying to use it as my only device before selling the Streak. So far so good...

BTW that's still the same Streak that resided under snow in my backyard for a couple of days... Still going strong!

Guest chrisrotolo

I just got a Galaxy Tab, too and it's amazing how quickly we adapt... My Streak feels small now as well. I have hacked the Tab to do voice calls and I am trying to use it as my only device before selling the Streak. So far so good...

BTW that's still the same Streak that resided under snow in my backyard for a couple of days... Still going strong!

I was interested in hacking it for voice calls, but a little concerned about AT&T getting whiny.

The Tab does look nice, I could still pocket it in most of my pants.(although it would be fairly noticeable).

It is kinda thick though, if it were a bit thinner, I probably would get it. I feel something nicer will come right around the corner soon.

Guest chrisrotolo

I was interested in hacking it for voice calls, but a little concerned about AT&T getting whiny.

The Tab does look nice, I could still pocket it in most of my pants.(although it would be fairly noticeable).

It is kinda thick though, if it were a bit thinner, I probably would get it. I feel something nicer will come right around the corner soon.

@Toyfreak, let us know are you on AT&T? have they caught on??

Guest Azurren

Are you using a standard sim?

Have they specifically said that you can't make voice calls?

I can't see why they should care.. Its not doing them any harm whatsoever (In fact they profit from it :P)

Guest shi3ld

I dont see why they would care, they provide your SIM contract, surely doesnt matter what hardware it works with, what if you had to replace your handset for example.

I would like to know if this can be done as I'm considering buying one, maybe sim free, but need to be able to make calls. I have looked on other forums but still not sure if its possible!

Guest Azurren

I dont see why they would care, they provide your SIM contract, surely doesnt matter what hardware it works with, what if you had to replace your handset for example.

I would like to know if this can be done as I'm considering buying one, maybe sim free, but need to be able to make calls. I have looked on other forums but still not sure if its possible!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=929479

You will need the 3g version of course ;)

Guest shi3ld

You will need the 3g version of course ;)

Thanks, I'll have a read. I knew I would and noticed the difference in price with the wifi only ones :(

• 1 month later...
Guest vinsane

I went from a modded tab on Tmobile US with phone conversion...the Tab was a beautiful device... But began to get rather bulky to use daily as a phone too.

So i got the AWS version of the Streak and love it! I don't regret it at all.

Plus.. I hated being only on edge while using the phone function... Then having to reboot to get 3G.