[ROM] By RexChun 2.3.4 Radio Fix

Guest Archer_cn

Guest vamshistunner

Is there any ROM with good audio clarity as that of stock ROM ?

BTW, which one is better B02 or B08(Battery life) ? I guess both has good calibration.

Wi-Fi sleep policy doesn't seem to work in B08. Any fix ?

Guest Rahulj85

BTW, which one is better B02 or B08(Battery life) ? I guess both has good calibration.

i am using b08 and wi-fi sleep works just fine..screen calibration is perfect and touch sesitivity is good. battery drain is common in all cm roms, but this one is better. i removed the fm system app even though it was fixed in previous releases as i noticed that it did stayed on inspite of killing the service. i have installed advantace tasks killer with auto kill enabled and set to aggressive mode..whenever i am done using the net, i make sure to kill all the applications like email, facebook as they keep coming up even after advance task killer stops them. once they are killed, battery drain during idle time is minimal. you can give it a shot if you like.

As you know there is some audio disturbances(like some noice) in the speaker when the sound is set to maximum...

Tigtex told to set media & ringtone volume to less.... I found out another solution....

Go to DSP manager -> phone speaker -> Enable Equalizer -> choose custom -> select the adjustment box & move all the parameters to lower end....

This reduces speaker volume a little bit, but gives you best output without any disturbances even when you set volumes to maximum....

Ofcource this is my finding.... Share If you have better settings..... :)

Guest a.j.d.1973

OK, managed to get the black notification/status bar back and working.

Made a complete new one based on the settings in Tigtex's SystemUI.apk and all seems ok.

Steps to install are to download the new one from here SystemUI.apk and put it onto your SD Card.

Run up RootExplorer and browse to /system/app - copy SystemUI.apk to somewhere else on your SD card so you know its safe and you have a backup.

Once you've backed up the original, copy the new SystemUI.apk from your SD card to /system/app - I can pretty much guarantee you'll get constant FC's from SystemUI as soon as it's replaced but you can just about get to the reboot prompt if you hold the power button down and then do some fast clicking to get to the reboot option - failing that press the reset switch next to the battery on the back.

When you boot for the first time after replacement you will have no status bar at all - this is due to the permissions being wrong on the file so we need to fix it.

Run up RootExplorer again and browse to /system/app - long press on SystemUI.apk and select Permissions.

The permissions you need to set is read for all, write for owner and none on execute. To make it easier, make sure the first column is all ticked, the second column just has one tick in the top box and the last column has no ticks.

Don't mess with the Special Permissions part - this isn't needed at all so just click OK.

Reboot again and you should have the standard black status bar back as normal.

Obviously this has worked for me so I make no guarantees it will work for anyone else, but if it doesn't work, you can copy your backup of SystemUI.apk back into /system/app and reset the permissions and you should then be back to normal.

You are a Genius! I now have a black notification bar and solid pull down I can read. Found a simply black background from Zedge and it's looking sharp.

The keyboard is perfect. Uninstalled system Radio with Root Uninstaller as the radio didn't work for me anyway. Advanced task killer set agressive when screen goes off. Hopefully this will help the battery last a bit longer than a day.

Guest vamshistunner

As you know there is some audio disturbances(like some noice) in the speaker when the sound is set to maximum...

Tigtex told to set media & ringtone volume to less.... I found out another solution....

Go to DSP manager -> phone speaker -> Enable Equalizer -> choose custom -> select the adjustment box & move all the parameters to lower end....

This reduces speaker volume a little bit, but gives you best output without any disturbances even when you set volumes to maximum....

Ofcource this is my finding.... Share If you have better settings..... :)

Thanks for that :) I've tried it already, But the volume is very less on those settings.

Guest vamshistunner

i am using b08 and wi-fi sleep works just fine..screen calibration is perfect and touch sesitivity is good. battery drain is common in all cm roms, but this one is better. i removed the fm system app even though it was fixed in previous releases as i noticed that it did stayed on inspite of killing the service. i have installed advantace tasks killer with auto kill enabled and set to aggressive mode..whenever i am done using the net, i make sure to kill all the applications like email, facebook as they keep coming up even after advance task killer stops them. once they are killed, battery drain during idle time is minimal. you can give it a shot if you like.

I found the same Wi-Fi policy problem in B08 and status bar(transparent) is not good. Is there any english modded version of 4pda CM7 2.3.5 v158 ?

Guest rremedio

There's a free app on the market called Gemini Apps Manager which allows you to set parameters for apps autorunning. I didn't test it properly, but maybe it can help with these apps that come back after you kill them. There's also the Droidwall. It lets you block apps from using your network which also helps you with battery life.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Dabbu

bro download 2G 3G on off from market or either long press on home screen open widgets >power control>tick 2g/3G>and go downward direction their is choose network mode click on that and tick on 2G/3G>press ok.then every time to change ur network by clicking this 2G/3G button in power control

• 5 months later...
Guest madprofessorus

I installed the 2nd version,although the calibration was very good,I couldn't find a proper gapps package,so I had to remove it,I think it would be nice if someone had the time and patience to gather all roms and compatible gapps package in one place,so it will be easier for all to find and install those roms.