Guest Psyloid

Guest Psyloid

Blue Ginger

For gen2 Phones with 128MB partition or more

what will you get?

-Android 2.3.4 based on the ZTE Blade gingerbread beta

-Good battery life

-Performant system

-full working as it should GPS, Wifi, FM radio, Tethering (USB & Wifi), sensors, bluetooth, headphones volume

-Custom bootanimation

-Very nice colourfull theme

-Rooted, A2SD, busybox

V5 changes:

- updated A2sdGUI, Es file explorer, Launcher pro, Maps, titanium backup

- updated UI-theme (sorry, no more stock theme, too much work)

- using GSF b14 as base

- car home is fixed

- Added flashlight app, sms backup app

- google backup now works 100%

- Added modified hosts (latest) file for an almost ad-free phone

- Tweaked ram an cpu for up to 30% improved performance (games are smoother, music does not skip on 122mhz

- Removed no frills cpu app (not nescessary anymore after performance tweak)

Blue Ginger V5

DOWNLOAD

MD5: DB64039D31D8CD1795F2915E40405AED *Blue_Ginger_V5.zip

Size: 120MB

many thanks to wbaw !!!

also thanks K0zmic for ZTE dialer versions !

Edited by Psyloid

Guest CaptainSpectacular

Two little suggestions :

-making the circle battery as mod, not default.

-try to replace the ZTE dialer by the AOSP one.

Anyway I'll maybe give it a shot. :)

Guest Psyloid
Two little suggestions :

-making the circle battery as mod, not default.

I think many ppl prefer it, but i could give you a stock battery mod if you like? :)

Guest CaptainSpectacular
I think many ppl prefer it, but i could give you a stock battery mod if you like? :)

Yep, in any case just give the choice will be just great. ^^

Thanks. B)

Guest Amit.V

i have a few questions:

1. is the wi-fi disconnection while screen of problem resolved? or will i stiill need to use 3rd party app for it?

2. is fm still only through earphones?

3. does it have hebrew menus? does it support right alignment of right to left languages?

4. what's the name of the widget you're using for clock\weather and power toggles as seen in the pictures above?

thanks.

Edited by Amit.V

Guest jimsie

When you say don't use titanium backup to reinstall apps, do you mean system app and data only or all? Because i have about 200 apps, don't want to reinstall them all manually. Many thanks

Guest Snippo
i have a few questions:

1. is the wi-fi disconnection while screen of problem resolved? or will i stiill need to use 3rd party app for it?

WiFi doesn't disconnect on this rom when the phone goes to sleep. I just tested it by pinging the phone while asleep, works fine :) .

Guest Kekes

I installed it right now, till now everything all right, very smooth, but there are things that I dont like in the interface.

The circle Battery is ugly, aceptable but ugly, i prefer the percentage with the little bar;

The hours in blue, dont look good, white is much better, that along with the date when u call the notification must be in white in my opinion; the operator colour its Ok;

Till now its that, im gonna test it a little more and give feedback :)

Guest Carbonize
So what kinda battery life can we expect from this? Any statistics around and about?

It's a brand new rom just released today. How do you expect anyone to know what the battery life is going to be like already?

When you say don't use titanium backup to reinstall apps, do you mean system app and data only or all? Because i have about 200 apps, don't want to reinstall them all manually. Many thanks

Could you even get 200 apps installed on this phone? And does anyone really need even 50 apps let alone 200?

Edited by Carbonize

Guest rockstarszzzz
It's a brand new rom just released today. How do you expect anyone to know what the battery life is going to be like already?

Could you even get 200 apps installed on this phone? And does anyone really need even 50 apps let alone 200?

Yeah but that's not the question here! Even if it's 20 apps, it will be nice to be able to have titanium back up to do this for you rather than installing all of them manually!

PS: I have over 65 apps! :) (I think android market ran out of apps that fall in 'decent' category!)

Guest Gunnerzz

Will keep a close eye on this. Looks nice. Im running Cyanogen 7 N106 atm and i love it. Will wait for some reviews and fixes.

Guest wishmasterf

The base rom will be given up. See this post for more information. The base is gone. will this project still stay or also return to cm7?

Edited by wishmasterf

Guest stephen1972
i have a few questions:

2. is fm still only through earphones?

3. does it have hebrew menus? does it support right alignment of right to left languages?

4. what's the name of the widget you're using for clock\weather and power toggles as seen in the pictures above?

thanks.

beautiful Widgets for clock and weather