[ROM] Blue Ginger V5

Guest Psyloid

Guest DellXCD35
Question: what would people think if i removed the camera click sound permanently ???

V3 changes so far:

-optimized, zipaligned and tweaked apk's

-updated maps and titanium backup

-fixed HSPDA indication

-Fixed google backup bug

-reduced size so it fits in 128 mb partition

-UI changes (settings menu)

please sir, fix the skype. i am too much dependent on skype and would like to hear the sound from earpiece and not speakers.

also is it possible to modify kernel for overclock?

camera should have option to put the shutter sound on or off as per wish.

also can the camera perform better. its lagging behind other devices which too have 3.2mp camera.

Guest Nogard3k
Question: what would people think if i removed the camera click sound permanently ???

Unless I'm missing something, why would you bother. If you want a silent camera there is one for free on the market together with loads of camera apps far superior to the standard one that let you turn sound on and off as required.

Guest Psyloid
please sir, fix the skype. i am too much dependent on skype and would like to hear the sound from earpiece and not speakers.

also can the camera perform better. its lagging behind other devices which too have 3.2mp camera.

-will make it optional for camera sound

-about the skype, this is a very hard challenge, i must first find somebody who can explain me how to edit the libaudio.so, i think this might take a while

-overclocking will be available if ZTE releases the source code and not sooner

-The camera just isn't that good, it will not get any better than this

Guest k0zmic

Psyloid beat me to it.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Nogard3k

This may help with regard to the Skype, I used Titanium to backup and uninstall the Skype, because of FCs. I tried to reinstall from the market but couldn't for some reason so I restored the backup of the original one that came with the ROM, its now working great, no more FC's and works through the earpiece or speaker, whatever you select.

I am assuming that the restore did not put it back into system and maybe thats the answer or the problem :) Either way try using Titanium to backup and then uninstall the one that comes with the ROM and then restore it. Worked for me.

I'm using V2 of this ROM btw.

Edited by Nogard3k

Guest Nogard3k
My Blade got overheated with this ROM Why?

So did mine, but I don't think it is directly because of the ROM, I also had the same thing happen once with a Japanese Jellyfish ROM

I think its more likely an app going crazy. If you check in your battery usage after it happens, if it happens again, you will see what has been taking the most power. In my case it was "Maps". I have also noticed it can occasionally be running in the background for no apparent reason.

The overheat I had with this ROM a couple of days ago was caused by a program called "OpenSignal" which I believe also uses Google maps.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Guest DellXCD35
This may help with regard to the Skype, I used Titanium to backup and uninstall the Skype, because of FCs. I tried to reinstall from the market but couldn't for some reason so I restored the backup of the original one that came with the ROM, its now working great, no more FC's and works through the earpiece or speaker, whatever you select.

I am assuming that the restore did not put it back into system and maybe thats the answer or the problem :) Either way try using Titanium to backup and then uninstall the one that comes with the ROM and then restore it. Worked for me.

I'm using V2 of this ROM btw.

i tried doing this. i took a back up of skype and uninstalled the existing ones. now i am trying to restore it back from titanium and the process goes on and on but its not restoring the skype.

Guest greldon7
I think its more likely an app going crazy. If you check in your battery usage after it happens, if it happens again, you will see what has been taking the most power. In my case it was "Maps". I have also noticed it can occasionally be running in the background for no apparent reason.

Agree, it's not a ROM problem, or we would have heard of tons of Blades Melted already :)

an app manager (and Killer!) is a neccesary tool to avoid draining the battery sometimes... by heat! maybe in the winter it won't be an issue at all...

Guest Psyloid
Agree, it's not a ROM problem, or we would have heard of tons of Blades Melted already :)

an app manager (and Killer!) is a neccesary tool to avoid draining the battery sometimes... by heat! maybe in the winter it won't be an issue at all...

thats what i thought when starting with android, but apparently taskkillers are evil and you better not use them.

rebooting does the job as well

Guest k0zmic
thats what i thought when starting with android, but apparently taskkillers are evil and you better not use them.

rebooting does the job as well

If you need to use a Task killer I would say just use the built in one, Settings > Manage Applications > Running.

Rebooting is better IMO.

Guest Retardo
I have no problem with that, maybe full wipe and reflash?

Yeah thanks. I tried reflashing it a couple of times and everything's fine now. This is a great rom. Thanks again.

Guest Wuchron

Great Rom so far Psyloid! I loved the V5 Green but this V2 is even better ! Keep up the good work and looking forward to the V3.

Guest Rajek
Hmm, strange, i have no idea then

why would you want to do that anyway?

because i was checking functionality of A2SD, in oryginal rom i was using Link2SD,

wich was able to link/unlink single apps

that was good thing, because IMO some apps works better (faster) from internal storage (i.e. launchers)

while A2SD is linking all apps, no exeptions if I noticed

Guest appolus

thx. do u need to install gapps or is it included?

edit: i saw that they were included in first post .)

i am waiting for overclocking otherwise the rom seems awesome, good job

Edited by appolus

Guest awsom50

I have a question - why the rom doesn't include SIM toolkit? This is very handy tool at least in my country. IS there any chance to install it manually? Thanks.

Guest DellXCD35
I have a question - why the rom doesn't include SIM toolkit? This is very handy tool at least in my country. IS there any chance to install it manually? Thanks.

its very much there. i think it depends on the sim too. i can see my sim toolkit on this rom

Guest Kekes

Strange i have V2 since the first day, and now it started give me a lot o force closes... No new apps installed its very strange, i gonna reinstall and see if it happen again. Anyway very good and clen ROM :rolleyes: keep working on it :)

Guest Psyloid
When v3? :)

when it's done :rolleyes:

now it's weekend, so i'll take a break.

I'd say probably wednesday - fridayish

i want to have the reboot menu in it before i release it

Guest Psyloid

works for me too, i can top up my credit etc, with it

Guest Taptap1

Do V3 will have Status Bar power widget introduced ?

And could you add lockscreen changements from CM7 ?

I don't use it yet but IMO it's a really, really good rom.