[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest antipyrine

Hi having trouble flashing gingerounay,my lm 2.3.6 I have recovery cwm 3, have download gingerounay copied to SD then boot to

recover did all the wipes and then flash ginger zip then reboot,lm boots Acer screen then android screen and does not go any further I tried a reflash but still the same help please

Just flashed t&l 2.3.6 with no problems,some thing funny going on with gingerounay I think :(

Same trouble here, I've read and reread like a thousand times the forum, flashed and reflashed more than a million times, waited "a few minutes" for a few hours... but can't get gingeroonay to work. Well, sometimes yes it boots, but when the device restarts: the acer screen for hours again. Not that t&l is not good, but does not fit my needs. I don't despair though, next time i've got three days off i'll try again. I've read that might be because some MT don't support well the OC, isn't there a way to reduce the clock before booting the rom?

I flashed with TechnoLover's Kernel Edition 1.1 because it was stuck on the acer screen, it restarted, and since then it works like a charm. So happy !

Edited by antipyrine

Guest MadMousse

Yes :-)

To revert back to Acer official Rom just flash an older bin than your's with adt and then flash a newer bin from the Acer support website using the .exe provided in the download.

Edited by MadMousse

Yes :-)

To revert back to Acer official Rom just flash an older bin than your's with adt and then flash a newer bin from the Acer support website using the .exe provided in the download.

ADT? What is that? :)

Can you send me some link... a tutorial step by step to do the revert? :) Really thank you for your help and support! :)

Vanni

Guest chemicalbuz

ADT? What is that? :)

Can you send me some link... a tutorial step by step to do the revert? :) Really thank you for your help and support! :)

Vanni

adt means acer download tool, it is in pinned thread ;)

Guest MadMousse

Outdated list of all the Bins for Acer Liquid Metal and the Acer Dowload Tool to flash any bin.

http://android.modac...bin-collection/

For the newest bins just check the differents thread of the Liquid Metal section.

http://android.modac...metalmodacocom/

All those bins are officials and come from Acer. Some bins that you'll find in thread above will not appear on the Acer support website because they haven't been officially released. But you can still flash them and update with a newer Bin from Acer website.

Edited by MadMousse

good idea :)

Show my question :(

So i have another question.

i have a lot of application that i can't move to sd, for exaple

google maps

androidsync manager

googlevoice

why?

now i use the sd 2gb, i have this rom (3.0.1) and the partition ext ok 430 MB.

Why i can't move all apss into sd?

So i think link2sd work better of a2sdgui? or both allow to move the same (number) application and not all?

Because i change rom (t&l 2.3.4 final) because i haven't space, few apps that i install that i can move tu sd with app2sd.

What's the problem?my sd or the partition?

Or is the same for all people?

if you have created the ext partition on the sd card you have only to turn on the first option in the first tab of a2sdgui. after that don't do nothing, the system will do all the work about the app "placing"

Guest pigio92

if you have created the ext partition on the sd card you have only to turn on the first option in the first tab of a2sdgui. after that don't do nothing, the system will do all the work about the app "placing"

ok but i have a problem with my microsd.

Anyone know if i can unistall app2sdgui and after install link2sd??

I try to install link2sd from market and it works.

SO there are problems if i delete application from Sistem/app ??Application like maps and others.

And can i remove app2sdgui and install link2sd?

FOr me there aren't problem because i tryed to nstall link2sd and it works.

Edited by pigio92

Guest billylows

Has anyone else noticed that "display" seems to be the highest user of the battery with this rom?

Right now I have been "on battery" for 10 hours and I reckon at least 8 of those hours the phone has been asleep and yet "display" still accounts for 55% of battery usage, even though the display has only been on for 2 out of the 10 hours.

Normally the display percentage use on the battery would be quite small in these circumstances with cell standby accounting for most of the battery use.

I have just flashed this ROM , what sort of battery life should i be getting ?

I have just flashed this ROM , what sort of battery life should i be getting ?

Depends on your usage e.g. do you have lots of account on sync, play games, watch video, browse the web etc.

I personally get a day's worth i.e from around 7.30 till 1 before it's down to about 5-10%. This is with an hour of music/some video, maybe up to an hour of web browsing, a few games and a fair amount of texting and some IM'ing.

Other factors also come in to play such as whether you have Bluetooth on, how good your signal quality is, if you've overclocked etc.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest billylows

RE battery life

Phone has been on charge overnight ( around 8 hours) booted up this morning it autosynced my accounts( facebook ,Twitter and google mail) I then changed the wallpaper now battery is showing 96% after 4 mins of on time ,.

Is this about right ?

RE battery life

Phone has been on charge overnight ( around 8 hours) booted up this morning it autosynced my accounts( facebook ,Twitter and google mail) I then changed the wallpaper now battery is showing 96% after 4 mins of on time ,.

Is this about right ?

Sounds about right, the first 10% will drop quickly.

Guest billylows

Sounds about right, the first 10% will drop quickly.

Many Thanks k0zmic ,all your assistance is greatly appreciated

Edited by billylows

Guest MisfitGeek

I got a really strange issue.

Google maps isn't working. I can't tell if it's since I switched to gingerounay.

Each time I launch Gmaps all start well but after few seconds I get a message "connexion error" (can't tell if it's the real text in english, cause I'm french).

Even with this message I can zoom, move but if I try to search an address, phone switch to create / log on a google account as if I had no account on my phone. I also get some warning icon with attached text : attempt to log on xxx@gmail (xxx is my account).

All other apps (Gmail, market...) work well.

I try to search on french forum, nothing concrete found. As I'm not sure of english real text I also doesn't find anything on english forums.

I try to uninstall / reinstall gmaps, clear data & cache, rebuild dalvik, reboot phone.... no change...

If anyone cn help...

...how stupid I can be... I just had to open notification and allow google maps to log on my account...

Edited by MisfitGeek

Guest vkashin

I have a question about flashing this rom.. I'm tempted to flash but I'm wondering if it'll replace my 4.000.13_AAP_GEN2 with a GEN1 ROM instead? because i need Chinese word display as well as keyboard for my phone..

Guest harylauw

vache i have some problem with your ROM, when i installed Facebook and Adobe reader and link2sd on latest rom + technolover kernel, it always shows Force Close (android.process.acore) when i'm trying to type.can you give me a solution? thank you

Guest SilverBarrel

Merci Vache!

I just installed Gingerounay on my newly received Liquid MT.

Looks like I'll have as much fun with this phone as with my old Spica trying mods.

Just one point: For some reason the 3.0.1 did not fix the FC's with Talk for me (as if it didn't install).

I had to uninstall Talk manually and re-install using the .apk

Now everything works once booted, but...booting randomly freezes during the boot animation... I'll come back later on this if I can't sort it.

A+

Edited by SilverBarrel

I've just installed the Stock 2.3.6 Rom first. Then I installed the Recovery 3.0. Then I installed Gingerounay 3.0. Then I installed Technolover 1.1 Kernel.

So far everything seems to work great except for the following 2 issues:

• When I turn WiFi on, nothing happens. No WiFi is located, and the WiFi icon on the top doesn't even show up.
  • Also how do I overclock the phone after installation of technolover's kernel? I installed CPU Spy application to see what frequencies the phone has been using and it's only been using the Sleep state, 122MHz, and 806MHz. The other frequencies shows a unavailable... I notived the MT Voltage tool lets me change the voltages... but did not touch this... is that how? If you put more voltage into the setting, will it overclock it?