[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Install "script manager" from the Market without the quotes:

https://market.andro...s.scriptmanager

Open it and tap the menu button > New > New script and give it a name and let it open with "SM editor"

After the line #!/system/bin/sh type this:

chown 1010.1010 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant

click menu > save

now from the list find the file you just created and click and hold pressed over the file until the menu is open.

Choose:

Open As...> script executable

click hover the help button, to see the help about the icons:

basically after memorizing what each button does, you have to select "run as root" (the icon is identical to the super user icon if you have your device rooted), and the other option is "run at boot" (the shape of the icon is a mechanical wheel).

After that every time you start your android, wifi will work because that script is runned at startup.

Be careful not to remove by mistake the file of the script from your SD (you will need to have it their for this to work)

Hope it helps!

many people have wifi issue, is it possible to fix it please?

thnx to racoq

Guest chemicalbuz

Open it and tap the menu button > New > New script and give it a name and let it open with "SM editor"

click menu > save

now from the list find the file you just created and click and hold pressed over the file until the menu is open.

Choose:

basically after memorizing what each button does, you have to select "run as root" (the icon is identical to the super user icon if you have your device rooted), and the other option is "run at boot" (the shape of the icon is a mechanical wheel).

After that every time you start your android, wifi will work because that script is runned at startup.

Be careful not to remove by mistake the file of the script from your SD (you will need to have it their for this to work)

Hope it helps!

thnx to racoq

i'll try it thanks :)

Edited by chemicalbuz

Guest sjaakiespeelman

Had this when i flashed on non-wiped phone..

Will suck cause sometimes you have to restart your dives don;'t you?

I just wiped, and flashed an all was fine..

I ve installed gingerounay 3.0 and ssome times display an error: android.process.acore

Any1 can help me to fix it?

Guest memphis84
Had this when i flashed on non-wiped phone..

Will suck cause sometimes you have to restart your dives don;'t you?

I just wiped, and flashed an all was fine..

problem was syncro from gmail to contacts..

Guest Matiavelli

Hi!

I must thank Vache for doing great work with his ROM - i have used several versions of it (from like 1.0 or so).

I have installed recently the last version of Gingerounay. Everything works great but I was saddened with the abscence of stock notification area because there is no switch to toggle 3g in current version.

AFAICR there was a way to install back the stock notification area and there even was a flashible zip in some older version of this thread. Can someone point me where can I get zip for current version of this ROM or other way to custumize notification area toggles.

Guest Smeelious

Hi!

I must thank Vache for doing great work with his ROM - i have used several versions of it (from like 1.0 or so).

I have installed recently the last version of Gingerounay. Everything works great but I was saddened with the abscence of stock notification area because there is no switch to toggle 3g in current version.

AFAICR there was a way to install back the stock notification area and there even was a flashible zip in some older version of this thread. Can someone point me where can I get zip for current version of this ROM or other way to custumize notification area toggles.

Go into TabooTools (should be in your app drawer) and select Acer Notifications. Reboot the phone and you are golden.

Guest Matiavelli

TabooTools (should be in your app drawer)

It isn't. I've also checked the 'manage applications' list for it and didn't find it. Any idea how can i get it?

Guest andrew21166

Hello, unfortunately, the Rom have some stick-slip when you turn the terminal reboots, stops on the three little robots for two minutes, then restarts. For the restseems to be fine. If I have some other bugs I'm telling you.

I'm sorry for writing but I use the translator

Guest chemicalbuz

click menu > save

Choose:

Hope it helps!

thnx to racoq

It works! really thanks!! if i uninstall script manager, saved script stay on sd or will be deleted too?

It works! really thanks!! if i uninstall script manager, saved script stay on sd or will be deleted too?

It will remain on your SD if you uninstall script manager, don't worry ;).

However bear in mind that you will need script manager or other tool that can run scripts with su permissions at boot to guarantee that the script is executed and wifi works.

Edited by racoq

Guest pigio92

Also my phone is to slow to reboot.

It take 2min in the second img acer.

I flash 3 time, i wipe all but nothing, it is to slow at boot and i saw that the first time after flash it freeze in color triangle.

Anyone has a solution??

I have a microsd 8gb partitioned in ext2.

I hope a solution :(

Guest pigio92

For me zip file is corrupted 0.o

So i can use link2sd and it works, whats the problem??

I see a lot of people that ask so i tryed and it works. Now i haven t link2sd but is Also slow to reboot 2min

Edited by pigio92

Guest Rawbinator

I don't understand A2SDGUI...so it just moves all the apps automatically? So far I've been using this for about a week, and the phone's internal memory is at like 40 MB while there still like 320 MB left in the partition. It seems like it hasn't moved anything at all other than the very first time I pressed the 'Apps on internal storage' button. How do I make it move apps again?

Is it possible to install Acer Sync on Gingerounay 3.0 from recovery? how?

thanks

You can find it on Tabootool under Applications. No recovery needed!

Guest freakk

Hello guys,

I have gingerounay installed, but i need to send my ACER S120 to warranty, should i install original ROM again? How to do?

Cumps,

Tiago

Guest superforever

Thanks for the great ROM.

I am having issue with WIFI from sleep mode. I have set WIFI to turn off in 15 mins but when I unlocked the phone it would not reconnect by itself I have to turn off WIFI and turn it back on to get it to work again.

Is there a fix for it?

Guest Hassled1

Hello guys,

I have gingerounay installed, but i need to send my ACER S120 to warranty, should i install original ROM again? How to do?

Cumps,

Tiago

Yes go back to stock rom or ACER may charge you over £70 its a software issue.

See post 4 of the following article to show how to get back to stock rom - http://android.modaco.com/topic/349726-solved-how-can-i-go-back-to-stock-rom/