[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

yay...i'm having so much fun.....

so I tried flashing the 1.100 bin twice, both times it failed, or so it thinks. rebooting the phone brings up the older splash screens and then the phone loads and i'm on 2.21 again. So I try to run the adb commands to clear the cache, but I get mount-o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock7 (and 6) /cache not found. rm -rf /cache gives me the error Read only file system. I also cannot load up the recovery image due to no free space issue.

cache is still full :)

any ideas why its not mounting the mtdblock or giving me a read only error?

BTW thanks for your help guys...

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
You have to root your device to be able to remount as rw.

Sorry I should have added that. I rooted my device with super1click after flashing the new bin...still same read only errors.

Guest angelanh

Vache, can you show me how to use clear.fi ? I want to try it. Does my PC have to set up?

And I heard somewhere that i can remote control PowerPoint in my PC with acer clear.fi.

Guest ptesmoke

Well im new to the liquid mt, i bought one for my wife and would like to flash a gb rom. Is there a cache issue with this method/rom? Suggestions?

Guest astuermer

Hmm, I never had any issues regarding cache.

In detail before flashing any leak I usually flash 1.100.00 - with ADT 1.282.

Then I let the phone completely boot, setup routine and switch on Debug mode.

Then I flash the leak over 1.100.00 - after flashing restarted phone, setup again and then activating Debug again.

Then flashing Recovery and reboot again.

Then switching off phone.

Entering Recovery by pressing VOL+/-, Cam Focus and Power.

Then installing Gingerounay.

Everythings fine so far.

Guest ptesmoke

Hmmm very strange how some of you have a cache issue, what do you mean by dont depend on gingerounay? Isnt it stable? Do you reccomend i keep her device stock? Also has anyone found aa way to get around the extremly small amount of internal storage?

Guest richard523453245

Installed 2.3 but no root. tryed super one click it never finishes rooting and running gingerbreak apk on phone has same problem with saying its rooting and never getting there, tryed upgradeing superuser and flashing through recovery to get an error message about there not being a script in the zip file tryed the sign program none of this worked,

please help

Guest dummy1969

Hy guys, I've successfully installed your wonderfull rom Gingerounay 2.0 but I've a problem with ad2sd.

Using recovery 2.2 I created a partition and trasformed in ext4.

I've tried and tried many time but whatever I do it seems ad2sd scripts does not works.

when I lunch I do not see any error it says ext partion is present on your sdcad

/data/app is a directory on your phone

/data/app-private is a directory on your phone

I power off the phone, restarted it many many times but whte I launch Titanium Backup I cannot see any a2sd reference :-(

Could someone help me ?

Thanks again and keep going with your wonderful job.

Guest ptesmoke

ok so i think ive decided im going to flash this on the wifes phone. i would just like some final input first if someone can help me here.

from what ive read someone mentioned they flash 1.100 first then flash the latest gingerbread leak thats in the OP here, then they go ahead with flashing recovery then flashing gingerounay 2.0 , my question is should i in fact flash 1.100 version then GB

? does it really matter?

ive also heard people saying not to do a nandroid backup?? is this real? why on earth wouldnt backup work in the recovery?

vache if you could clear some of this up for me id greatly appreciate it, just wanna make sure i do everything properly from the get-go you know? :)

as always thank you for your hard work and dedication, hope to hear form you guys soon.

Allan

Guest deepfabry

i'm considering to send the phone to acer assistance after the summer I am not in a hurry at the moment :)

@ VACHE

is there a way to restore the market? i tried different roms but always i can t download from it

Guest dummy1969
@dummy1969

try a ext2 partition

Yess !!! Thanks a lot !!!now is working...but now do you think I can migrate partition to ext3?

Guest deepfabry

i have seen on xda there were many people with cache problem and other issues on nexus s

they all solved with some updates version of clockword recovery what include particular wipe

if we are lucky maybe could adapt these recovery :)

Edited by deepfabry

Guest richard523453245
Install Gingerounay, it is already rooted. Otherwise use the latest superuser v2.3.6.3 and flash it with vache recovery 2.2.

i have tryed that it said Opening and then cant open (bad) when i try to flash it, and after i sign it it says installing and then cant find update script

found Su_ginger.zip ran with 2.2 and now its working :)

Guest TechnoLover
Yess !!! Thanks a lot !!!now is working...but now do you think I can migrate partition to ext3?

stay at ext2 because acer's original kernel doesn't support ext3/4 :)

Guest ptesmoke

Vache, thank u my man. I followed all directions and everything went smooth. Never used ext before as my g2 has alot of space but it works amazing and my wife shouldnt run low now. Again thank you for all your work and look forward to us getting kernel source so we can really mod the os!

Guest ptesmoke

Also just wanted to add, only thing i see not working is the notifications on the top of the phone, am i missing something? I uninstalled stoc k messaging as my wife only uses handcent, and handcent wont utilize the lights. Any ideas???