Universal MVNO patch

Guest leromarinvit

Guest leromarinvit

Is there / will there be one for Mile High Mountain Pie RLS9 ?

Regards

Manfred

The last version I uploaded should work, since RLS9's framework is the same as RLS3, which was already included. Unfortunately, Multiupload seems to be down, so I uploaded it again here: http://www.mediafire...5mxlqvegr6vaw4u

Hi! I'm very interested in your patch, but I cannot apply it to my file. I didn't find the lines you said. If you can help me here you have my file:

http://www.box.com/s...6fnjgrarjvt9do9

Thanks!

Hmm, what ROM is that from? It seems very different from all the others I've seen, and it already contains references to national roaming. Is that CM? If so, the setting should be available in the UI.

Guest McGiverGim

Could you try this? If possible, please also test it with a foreign SIM to see if it still detects real roaming.

2x.zip

Hi! I've installed new ROM version v20q. The file is a little differente from v20o, but I've made the same modification than you in v20q and... ¡¡it works!!

I can not try with a foreign SIM (I've not one), but I will put the mod in a spanish forum to see if someone could try. I've made a CWM install package for anyone who wants to try.

If it helps:

Framework original for LG Optimus 2x v20q: http://www.box.com/s/xfeka67q1putre8vjuto

Framework modified for LG Optimus 2x v20q: http://www.box.com/s/h0z8pq6rreo0lln3haic

Thanks!!!

Edited by McGiverGim

Guest McGiverGim

I've observed one strange thing with the patch...

My SIM is from Simyo (a MVNO of Orange).

When I'm connected to the bluetooth of my car, or I take a look at the "about" menu of the phone, the net that appears is "Orange".

When I do the same with a Galaxy S (with correct MVNO support out of the box), the net that appears is "Simyo".

i don't know if it is better or worst one or another. Some advice?

Regards and thanks for all!!

Guest leromarinvit

I've observed one strange thing with the patch...

My SIM is from Simyo (a MVNO of Orange).

When I'm connected to the bluetooth of my car, or I take a look at the "about" menu of the phone, the net that appears is "Orange".

When I do the same with a Galaxy S (with correct MVNO support out of the box), the net that appears is "Simyo".

i don't know if it is better or worst one or another. Some advice?

Regards and thanks for all!!

Looks like it's displaying the operator name from the network rather than the SIM card, or maybe the other way round. No idea why, it works for me. It could probably be patched somehow, but I'm virtually certain it's only a cosmetic problem.

Guest Barleyman

Just get the framework.jar from the /system/framework folder once you have your ROM installed. It isn't neccessary to do it in advance.

What about modifying the code to bypass operator code only if the country code is "safe"? That would make it more acceptable to include into actual roms. I know Finland is ok, wouldn't presume to say anything else is.

Guest leromarinvit

What about modifying the code to bypass operator code only if the country code is "safe"? That would make it more acceptable to include into actual roms. I know Finland is ok, wouldn't presume to say anything else is.

I suppose that would be possible, but creating and maintaining such a whitelist sounds like an awful lot of work. Maybe we should have a look at Samsung's framework to see how they handle this.

Guest Barleyman

I suppose that would be possible, but creating and maintaining such a whitelist sounds like an awful lot of work. Maybe we should have a look at Samsung's framework to see how they handle this.

It's not really something that needs to be "maintained" much, not like the network operators change their domestic roaming policies like that. The blanked "allow domestic roaming" is too dangerous to put into stock roms', "whitelisted country codes can do domestic roaming" -fix should be something that can become standard in Cyanogenmod et al.

In any case if we get a code example, it should be easy enough for an educated layman to expand the safe list..

Guest fortunados

Well I am working in a cooked rom is Aurora 4.1 and the phone is a HTC desire

Here is a pastebin of my GsmServiceStateTracker.smali

http://pastebin.com/TM5FN46M

My file is quite larger about 344 kb and I cannot seem to find the lines in it.

This thing is driving me crazy , 2 days ago I was close to the border with other country and they charged me 4 Euros for 20 kbs !!! and there is no way to arrange this.

Any help is highlyapprecciated.

Thanks a lot.

Guest KonstaT

Well I am working in a cooked rom is Aurora 4.1 and the phone is a HTC desire

Here is a pastebin of my GsmServiceStateTracker.smali

http://pastebin.com/TM5FN46M

My file is quite larger about 344 kb and I cannot seem to find the lines in it.

This thing is driving me crazy , 2 days ago I was close to the border with other country and they charged me 4 Euros for 20 kbs !!! and there is no way to arrange this.

Any help is highlyapprecciated.

Thanks a lot.

Look at lines 1527 and 1529. Remove and replace with "goto :cond_51".

Guest Barleyman

More on this business of whitelisting.

It occurs to me that hardcoding something like this is a poor solution. A tryly elegant way would be to read MVNO/MCC pairs from a text file which could be updated independently of frmware version etc. Now JAVA isn't my strong point, never mind android guts, I do not know how difficult it'd be to implement something like this. My overall feeling from JAVA is that it's the preventer of programmer so turning an exteral text file into internal array might be harder than you'd think.

Something like that could very well become a standard feature of custom roms unlike the current shotgun method.

Guest leromarinvit

This would certainly be a more elegant solution. It would probably be possible, but almost certainly quite hard to do. The framework is usually customized by the device manufacturers, so I don't think you can just compile it from source and replace it. You'd have to program all this in Dalvik opcodes, which can then be translated back into bytecode by smali.

Guest fortunados

Look at lines 1527 and 1529. Remove and replace with "goto :cond_51".

You sir, are a real Gentleman and there is no words to describe the grateful that I am.

After fighting 2 hours I was able to change tle lines, recompress, recompress and then fighting for 4 more hours to install adb and make it work just to push the framework back to his place.

I am really sure that there is more people interested in this.

I posted this as solution in the spanish forums where more people have the same problem but I am not sure if It will work for different roms with different frameworks.jar

Is it any trick to look for the magical lines and change them ? or It´s necessary to know programming for this stuff ?

Once again Thank you very much.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest McGiverGim

Hi leromarinvit! Finally, I have gone out of my country, and I have tested the mod you made for my O2x. I can say that it works ok. It detects real roaming like roaming.

So thank you very much. Your mod is great!!!

Regards!

Guest Florian Lagg

Open file out\android\internal\telephony\gsm\GSMServieTracker.smali with a text editor of your choice

Hi guys,

Thanks for your explanation. I've a android 2.2 device - does anyone know where to apply a patch like this in Froyo (2.2.1)

I have no out\android\internal nor any file named GSMServieTracker.smali inside the classes.dex.

Thanks in advance, best regards,

Florian Lagg

--- edit ---

i have an out\android\telephony\gsm\GsmCellLocation.smali

I just attached it here. Maybe this is what I'm searching for?

As I do not know how to interpret that code could someone give me a hint?

Thanks.

GsmCellLocation.zip

Edited by Florian Lagg

Guest leromarinvit

I don't think that's the right file. Can you give me a link to your ROM or upload your framework somewhere so I can have a look?

Guest Florian Lagg

I don't think that's the right file. Can you give me a link to your ROM or upload your framework somewhere so I can have a look?

Oh, I have to say sorry ... I didn't see it's a ZTE Blade forum ... I just tried to find a solution for my mobile. It's not a ZTE Blade.

If you still want to help here is my file:

http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/70695324/file.html

Thanks!

Guest Florian Lagg

No problem! Can you try this patched framework?

Thanks, I am just trying it ...

I still get the R in the symbol, and I have to activate roaming to get online.

Anything else I could try?

Guest Florian Lagg

Thanks, I am just trying it ...

I still get the R in the symbol, and I have to activate roaming to get online.

Anything else I could try?

I'll also try another solution which looks easier to me:

see http://forum.xda-dev...880&postcount=5

According to this, that line should do the trick:

<!-- yesss! - Orange AT -->

<spnOverride numeric="23212" fake_home_on="23205"/>

I will report back.

--> NOPE, it didn't work. No matter what I do there - network shows as roaming.

Edited by Florian Lagg

• 2 months later...