Nokia Sea Ray leak

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae
Of course you aren't supposed to see the new phone that's codenamed "Sea Ray" just yet, none of us are, and the fact that Elop specifically asks people in the crowd to put away their cameras was clearly not followed by Hungarian site Technet.hu as they've just posted a video of Elop doing the secret unveil.

"This is something that is super confidential and we do not want to see out in the bloggersphere," says Elop to the crowd - a bit late now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1wC0pS_No

full video above

Guest awarner

Elop is either going mad or very crafty, you know not to ever trust the press so is the device they showed just to put people off the scent?

We know it to be almost identicle to the N9 but could this be just a prototype? as using the same chassis would save development cost during the design stage.

Don't forget this is only one of the reported six they are releasing.

Guest awarner

After watching the full video there was at least three cameras used as well as panning the speakers this must be a setup as if it was that much of a secret they would have noticed the filming as they are all filmed in a clear line of shot which would have been noticed from the stage and members of staff.

Guest hecatae

it's not made a lot of sense to me either. there are no physical 3 buttons on the bottom of the screen, so are Nokia going to emulate them by touch or do away with completely?

also Nokia did hint that their first WP7 device will be a qwerty device, this was just a touchscreen device.

Guest awarner

Yep they have emulated the buttons as the N9 has more pixels so they have utilized them with the buttons.

Bad idea imo as I already don't like the capacitive touch that htc use so this is a step in the wrong way for me at least. I still think and hope this is more a prototype.

Lets hope he other devices are more to my taste.

• 2 weeks later...