[RECOVERY] CWM Recovery for LiquidMT v3.0

Guest vache

Guest phonewidth

If I have a phone setup the way I want (but without an account on it) can I use the nandriod backup made from it on another liquid metal without it inheriting phone specific settings? (say I want to give the mod to a friend with a liquid metal).

I know the nandoid folder has the phone IMEI and then its subfolder has the date but does IMEI information etc get restored or is it just for visual reference (does renaming the two folders following nandroid/ change the restore?)?

I'm using 2.2

Edited by phonewidth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ciauasd

Hi vache! i using 2.2 recovery because the 3.0 do not work.

I install the recovery, but when I try to start it gives me error.

could you help me?:(

Edited by ciauasd

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lens_flare

Vache,Hello, just have to say it is near perfect.

Mind you share your recovery sources to CM team (Koush Github)? Or even with me? :D

I'll make that damn cm team to giving up _-

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vache,

I have installed the latest CVM.

It comes up as 4.0.0.8 rather than version 3.

When I try to make a backup or restore I get the 'cant mount sdcard' error message.

However, if I use the old 2.2 Recovery, I can do everything and I dont get the 'cant mount sdcard' error message. However, only the latest version of recovery has the Advanced Backup/Restore options. I need to restore the data folder only. Is there another way of doing this (without CVM) or is there a way of fixing the 'mount sdcard' error in the latest version of CVM.

Thanks

Guest Dr.Luigi

Link doesnt work?

Anyone who is online and has this file still on his PC

could you upload it asap?

I dont have allot of time today too tweak,

Hope the maker or someone else could upload it.

Ty i hope.

Hello guys,

How do I remove the RecoverMT 2.2 to the recovery stock?

I used RecoverMT 2.2 to install gingerounay, but now i only want to send my mobile to warranty, I already know how to remove the ROM to stock firmware, but i did not found any information to remove the RecoverMT 2.2 to the original recovery stock.

Edited by freakk

[EDIT update:] Solved!

The issue that kept haunting me was the location of the unzip file of Recovery MT. Solved.

ROM is flashed, no issues whatsoever.

Question: After reading somewhat about the AOSP and Gingerbread ROMs, it becomes clear to me they have different partitions. Can someone indicate whether the Vache ROMs/modules are interchangeable or do I need to swipe cache etc each time...?

[EDIT END]

Dear Vache, others,

I need a little help here. I have the S120 MT and am new to the Smartphone world, android included.

Issue:

my phone keeps displaying Fastboot mode, Fastboot: processing commands.

After waiting for 20 minutes, nothing changes. Pressing the power button doesn't restart it.

What did I do:

I activated the USB debugger on the phone,

Then I plugged in the USB.

I opened the Recovery MT 3.0 zip file and launched Install_Recovery.cmd. Nothing happened.

Then I transferred the ZIP file to the Android map on the phone and relaunched the Install_Recovery.cmd.

Result:

Phone is locked in Fastboot mode, displaying three colours, Red, Green and Blue.

I'm so newbie to this, so please help me out folks. I searched the forum for help topics, but am unable to find the tree in the forest.

Thanks in advance,

MTG

How to install :

Activate Debug USB on your phone.

Plug your phone to your computer with your USB cable.

Unzip the "RecoveryMT-3.0" folder from the zip file.

Launch "install_recovery.cmd".

Download Link : http://vache-android....php?fileID=125

Report here any issues you may have.

Edited by MTG

Guest TechnoLover

Hello guys,

How do I remove the RecoverMT 2.2 to the recovery stock?

I used RecoverMT 2.2 to install gingerounay, but now i only want to send my mobile to warranty, I already know how to remove the ROM to stock firmware, but i did not found any information to remove the RecoverMT 2.2 to the original recovery stock.

flashing the phone back to stock replaces the custom recovery, too, so theres no need to flash it ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mattiash.91

I cant access root menu, i followed all these steps, but sitll geting the triangle with the ! and an android, i have tried several times, still geting it. Im using 2.3.6 android version (standard where i bought it). please help me.

[EDIT]

Don't mind to answer, solved it, mu fault, red on another forum that i had to press VOL UP + VOL DWN + CAM HALF PRESSED + PWR. And my solution was VOL UP + CAM HALF PRESSED + PWR. Thanks any way. ^^

Edited by mattiash.91

In my wildest dreams I see a fearless developer fixing the sd-ext backup problem and all the users chanting in joy and switching their roms faster than light...

ò_ò

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest omar_ita

Hi all,

I installed CWM recovery, backed up everything and installed Gingerounay (I love it!). I only have a little question: just in case I would like to restore everything back (let's say to send the phone on service). I should:

- start in recovery mode

- restore the nandroid backup

But.. ho to restore the recovery partition itself, that have been overwrote by CWM?

Guest omar_ita

flashing the phone back to stock replaces the custom recovery, too, so theres no need to flash it ;)

Oops.. I didn't read well before posting question..

So I suppose that my backup is useless if I want to recovery the phone exactly how it was when I bought it!.. I have to refresh the whole firmware, correct?

Guest SixFourMike

Oops.. I didn't read well before posting question..

So I suppose that my backup is useless if I want to recovery the phone exactly how it was when I bought it!.. I have to refresh the whole firmware, correct?

If you restore a nandroid backup from when you were using the stock firmware then do a wipe of user data, that would clear most stuff. If you grab the Acer download tools from their site and one of the roms from the thread with the BINs, you should be able to flash an official Acer firmware and you'll be back at square one.

At least, that's my understanding of it. I've never flashed official firmware back onto my phone.

Guest liqMT

Hi friends

I'm a noob to android and I've just installed recoveryMT3.0 with ubuntu with this french help.

Then searching the next step to free, root and unbloat my MT I find there is a newer recovery (v5.0 with cwm5.0.2.8) released by a guy (who credits this very post) in this very forum, but I can't find the changelogs that would give me any info/guidance if it's worth switching or just wait our good laughing cow to release an update of it's own. Is there a race within devs in recoveries? Or it is just something related to devs' other priorities, e.g. focusing on something new, like working on ICS for the MT?

Comments please?

Sorry if silly question.

Edited by liqMT

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liqMT

Done for my LiquidMT: vache's recoveryMT3.0 and his Gingerounay3.0 which seems the only one having the whole hardware working. It is based on the stock 4.0.13

Guest Lens_flare
if it's worth switching or just wait our good laughing cow to release an update of it's own.

good laughing cow now laughing only to ICONIA Series users, not to us -__-

Is there a race within devs in recoveries?

Nope, he just didn't wanted to share with CM guys ;]

I did.

Guest liqMT

Accordind to what I've understood, his reco is only CWM4.0.0.8, and his rom 3.0 is based on the last 4.0.13 stock. So that's maybe why he hasn't anything great to share as he uses the stock RILs (and other raw acer's undisclosed code?). He hasn't to deal with the problems that other rom makers meet and he provided a full hardware working rom, the only "plus" being the rooted HS, and so, the ability to remove some bloatware and add the apps we want.

CM team is not so great when it comes to share, as I couldn't even create an account on their forum because they refuse my email address. Maybe they require a gmail address, but nowhere it is stated in forum rules and policy, and I DON'T want a gmail account, I found no way to ask them if this is the real reason, so no way to post there why they officially support none Acer device (I still wander why).

And I also see they are not very friendly with you Lens.

Lens, if you reach to port ICS cm9 to the Liquid metal on your own, will it be possible to use it without a google account? With vache rom, I had to switch back to Acer contacts/dialer and reinstall AcerSync to have my contacts back in the phone, not only in the SIM? I couldn't use the standard contacts/dialer because it doesn't support neither groups (I use for sms) nor quick dial.

Bye bye, and I wish you great success in your hard work.

Edited by liqMT

Guest Lens_flare
So that's maybe why he hasn't anything great to share as he uses the stock RILs (and other raw acer's undisclosed code?

he's a pro dev that could deal with cm but deals only with his own...

he provided full hardware working rom

I also could do that, but it won't be called CYANOGENMOD. It's just incorrect to compare stock acer rom with cm-based ones.

CM team is not so great when it comes to share

source are on git, what kind of share do you want? they also have great guide system..

And I also see they are not very friendly with you Lens.

yup that's strange..

will it be possible to use it without a google account?

yes, CM is always allows you to deal with device without having a google account.

Guest liqMT

I also could do that, but it won't be called CYANOGENMOD.

100% full hw working? wifi, tether, notif leds, carriers(I mean phone calls providers) , fm radio, etc....

It's just incorrect to compare stock acer rom with cm-based ones.

I didn't ;), and I didn't see vache is doing.

source are on git, what kind of share do you want? they also have great guide system..

I just spoke about I couldn't "share" my question on their forum (I'm not a coder, and even if I was, I'd need a goog account to access github isn't it?)

yup that's strange..

What I said

yes, CM is always allows you to deal with device without having a google account.

I could import my 215 contacts into android contacts, but no group support neither quick dial. And then switching back to acer contacts/dialer prevented to add a group to an existing contact, and only allowed to add new contact in the sim, as long as I didn't reinstalled AcerSync. Maybe the lack of features I want are related to an old android contacts/dialer, or they are available out of acer's soft in other free and ad-free third party apps, fee-lessly available elsewhere than gmarket.

My metal is my job tool, and as I'm not a coder nor geek enough, I can't spent too much time in trials, go forth/back roms, just to find ten days later this or that doesn't work, when I've forget how I reached to backup data/install rom after spending days to reach the goal.

OK Lens, atm i must admit I choosed the vache rom because I was very puzzled by what I read in ten+ forums. But I promise I'll install your CM9 as soon as it is no more beta.

Bye bye Lens, have a good evening (you're in Tomsk isn't it?) and thanks again for your shiny job.