[How-To] Fix the missing frog in "Cut the rope"

Guest tonydl

Guest tonydl

Hey there,

someone just told me that he never had the frog within Cut the rope on his CM7 mod. I didn't knew that more people are having this issue, but I found out a (pretty awkward but working) fix for Cut the rope which was working for me on CM7.0.3 stable (I am on Ginger Stir fry by now and the frog is here evey time).

When the frog ist missing in your level just press the Home Key, go into the messaging app (I don't remember if you had to open a conversation or not, just try and tell me then I'll edit this post), long press the Home Key and switch back to Cut the rope. Tadaa the frog is back - although I have know idea WHY this works and HOW I found it out, it's really strange :)

I thought I share this tip with you - or isn't the frog missing anymore with the new CM7 nightys and/or the new Cut the rope version?

Edited by tonydl

• 1 month later...
Guest ididmytime

It has nothing to do with Stagefright.

You need to turn off Surface Dithering, which is enabled by default, it will also speed your phone up.

Guest ididmytime

But the ui is soo ugly without Surface Dithering sad.gif

And the frog is still missing sad.gif

You should not be missing the frog without Surface Dithering. SD is only on CM7, and is the only rom that suffers from this 'bug'.

Guest robinhud2010

Yeah, i was missing the monkeys in angry birds rio.

So, anyone know how to turn off surface dithering ? And does it stop this problem permanently? Thanks

But the ui is soo ugly without Surface Dithering sad.gif

And the frog is still missing sad.gif

EDIT: How ugly does it make th UI? Worse than other roms like gsf?

Edited by robinhud2010

Guest besolo

Hey there,

someone just told me that he never had the frog within Cut the rope on his CM7 mod. I didn't knew that more people are having this issue, but I found out a (pretty awkward but working) fix for Cut the rope which was working for me on CM7.0.3 stable (I am on Ginger Stir fry by now and the frog is here evey time).

When the frog ist missing in your level just press the Home Key, go into the messaging app (I don't remember if you had to open a conversation or not, just try and tell me then I'll edit this post), long press the Home Key and switch back to Cut the rope. Tadaa the frog is back - although I have know idea WHY this works and HOW I found it out, it's really strange :)

I thought I share this tip with you - or isn't the frog missing anymore with the new CM7 nightys and/or the new Cut the rope version?

worked for me, even when the game was moved to SD

:D

CM7 n149

Edited by besolo

Guest spaldini

I've seen similar things on my phone, always assumed it was low memory conditions

Seen missing graphics in Cut the Rope, Angry Birds, Nano Panda (probably the worst-behaved of the three).

Killing some of the background tasks via settings:applications:running services always fixed it for me.

Guest Bergkees

The frog and sometimes the stars were missing for me as well.

Untill... I uninstalled the cracked version and bought the original on the market!

Never had any problems after that (running green V5, blue5)

Guest tinti93

The frog and sometimes the stars were missing for me as well.

Untill... I uninstalled the cracked version and bought the original on the market!

Never had any problems after that (running green V5, blue5)

Only the cm has this probem.