Google+ What do you think about it.

Guest ufizo

Guest hecatae
are people still having any luck getting invites? my friends tried several times but im not getting any emails through :)

the share invite loophole was closed by Google today

Guest Richard_Arkless
as far as I can see its a very nice well designed thing that has absolutely no chance of success because everyone has, like it or not, facebook.

I dunno I have spoken to many of my friends who use either skype (does well at video chat), windows live messenger (Does well in normal chat) or facebook (does well at profiles and status updates) and many use it just because there is nothing that competes with it and once they heard about google+ and the features they were happy to switch, I think this is the only hyped up alternative that does all the things that the 3 I stated does best at and the fact its all in one package makes life easier for people

One suggestion I have though is they clearly need to integrate their current services into google+ because the fact they are using a seperate chatting, picture and video service when they already have perfectly good ones is ridiculous

Edited by Richard_Arkless

I dunno I have spoken to many of my friends who use either skype (does well at video chat), windows live messenger (Does well in normal chat) or facebook (does well at profiles and status updates) and many use it just because there is nothing that competes with it and once they heard about google+ and the features they were happy to switch, I think this is the only hyped up alternative that does all the things that the 3 I stated does best at and the fact its all in one package makes life easier for people

One suggestion I have though is they clearly need to integrate their current services into google+ because the fact they are using a seperate chatting, picture and video service when they already have perfectly good ones is ridiculous

From all accounts, Skype will be used for video chat in facebook in the next couple of weeks.

Guest Matty-p

if thats true then that sounds like a vital point they don't have much to gain by not doing.

p.s richard i massively owe you one if you manage to get me an invite :)

Guest HMZX

The annoying thing about it is that you have to be atleast 18 to use it.

I never remember putting my age into my google account and it still comes up with the 'You have to be a certain age to use this feature'

Guest Richard_Arkless

Has anyone managed to register yet, I click the invite link and its still complaining about over capacity

another query when you click the invite link does it take you to the google + home page or takes you somewhere else cause when I click mine, it takes me to where it says "Google+ is in limited Field Trial" (https://plus.google.com/u/0/up/start/?sw=1&type=st), well I have already got an invite from a current google+ user so shouldnt it say something else or lead to a different page

Guest fldc
Has anyone managed to register yet, I click the invite link and its still complaining about over capacity

another query when you click the invite link does it take you to the google + home page or takes you somewhere else cause when I click mine, it takes me to where it says "Google+ is in limited Field Trial" (https://plus.google.com/u/0/up/start/?sw=1&type=st), well I have already got an invite from a current google+ user so shouldnt it say something else or lead to a different page

I had to wait around 48 hours for the link to work.

Guest Peasant
facebook is for losers! get a girlfriend! :)

I like your comment SwissTourist, for this reason: last week my gf of 6 years or so threw an absolute torrent of abuse at me because I had not accepted her firned request! I couldn't see the point. We've lived together for 4 1/2 years so why does she need to be on my carefully screened list of just over 30 friends? She doesn't. End of. It's all settled now though.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Another quick update

the google+ invite system is up but is restricting how many people join so try every now and again, as always keep the invite requests coming

Guest Thar
Just an update, I have now got into google+, if you want an invite then please go to my google+ page @ http://gplus.to/richardarkless click send email and in the subject put "google+ invite" (so will get put into a folder and wont flood inbox) and in the message bit put your email address

I will try and send out an email to everyone but I cant guarantee that it will work straight away because of demands

Also if you get "Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon." after invite that is normal because the demand is too high so try every now and again

Email sent, thank you! :blink:

Edit: Invite received...cheers! Just need to wait for them to open the doors again!

Edited by Thar

Guest swisstourist
I like your comment SwissTourist, for this reason: last week my gf of 6 years or so threw an absolute torrent of abuse at me because I had not accepted her firned request! I couldn't see the point. We've lived together for 4 1/2 years so why does she need to be on my carefully screened list of just over 30 friends? She doesn't. End of. It's all settled now though.

same happened to me...now i stay away from all these facebook, youtube,...I dont send anything.

have justone email adress and finish.

girls are a pain!they want you, they think they own you.and they spy on you as well.if a girl write you, you are in big trouble...

Guest Matty-p
same happened to me...now i stay away from all these facebook, youtube,...I dont send anything.

girls are a pain!they want you, they think they own you.and they spy on you as well.if a girl write you, you are in big trouble...

' girl write you,'?

Guest Richard_Arkless
' girl write you,'?

He probably meant "if a girl writes to you"

btw did you get your google+ invite for both of your email addresses

Which is what google+'s circles feature would be best at where you can put all your friends that are girls in one circle and your girlfriend in another then she wont see anything then :blink:

besides your girlfriend has probably got guy friends and if you dont have a go at her then you should tell her not to have a go at you

Guest Matty-p
btw did you get your google+ invite for both of your email addresses

yep i did thanks sorry about the first one that was my old g account that chrome still has cookies for for some reason. still waiting for google to open up some slots been checking every halfhour! thanks again for the invite

Guest worto03

Hi,

If anyone has a spare invite for this please pm me and I'll send you my gmail address to send it to.

I'm hoping the android version of goolge+ will be a lot better than the facebook android apps and like the circles idea, I've pretty much stopped using facebook because there isn't much I'd happily say to everyone on my friends list as some are proper friends, some are online friends (or pretend friends as my GF calls them) then some are old school friends and some work colleagues. An easy way to manage these separate groups would probably get me back into it again.

Thanks very much.

worto.

Guest ColdEmbrace

The Google+ beta has opened twice in the last 2 days, just for an hour. Not too sure on the times though I was sleeping. But I would love it if someone could send me an invite I will happily invite anyone that needs it after i've joined :blink:

Guest Matty-p
The Google+ beta has opened twice in the last 2 days, just for an hour. Not too sure on the times though I was sleeping. But I would love it if someone could send me an invite I will happily invite anyone that needs it after i've joined :blink:

Do you know what time they opened? Might be a algorithm

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi,

If anyone has a spare invite for this please pm me and I'll send you my gmail address to send it to.

I'm hoping the android version of goolge+ will be a lot better than the facebook android apps and like the circles idea, I've pretty much stopped using facebook because there isn't much I'd happily say to everyone on my friends list as some are proper friends, some are online friends (or pretend friends as my GF calls them) then some are old school friends and some work colleagues. An easy way to manage these separate groups would probably get me back into it again.

Thanks very much.

worto.

Yea sure, go to the previous pages and ive posted some instructions on how to send your request to me

Do you know what time they opened? Might be a algorithm

I have noticed that people are emailing me saying they have got in every 2 hours, my last email from someone was at 1:43pm UK time

Guest Richard_Arkless

ok its now 3:18pm UK time and someone has emailed me saying they have got in so it is at every 2 hours probably at the beginning of the hour so 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, etc and then it probably open for an hour like ColdEmbrace said

EDIT: to make sure I am correct I asked a friend who hasnt joined yet to join google+ using my invite and they got in so im correct

EDIT 2: another person got in, EVERYONE GO AND TRY AND JOIN

Guest Thar
ok its now 3:18pm UK time and someone has emailed me saying they have got in so it is at every 2 hours probably at the beginning of the hour so 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, etc and then it probably open for an hour like ColdEmbrace said

EDIT: to make sure I am correct I asked a friend who hasnt joined yet to join google+ using my invite and they got in so im correct

Yeah I got in about an hour ago. Thanks Richard, now to find out what it can do!

Guest k0zmic

Runs off to try it.

Woo I'm in. Thank you Richard notifying me and Ufizo for the invite.

Edited by k0zmic