Wish list / Does it have ?

Guest sane?

Guest sane?

Before I brick my ZTE v9, can someone tell me if the following are included in the latest CM7 releases? If not, they would be very nice to have !

• WiFi Fix for disconnect in sleep
    In theory I understand the disconnect on sleeping was supposed to be fixed, but others have said its still there. Is it fixed?

• Drivers for front facing camera
    For those of us with front facing cameras in our v9s, are the drivers for the secondary camera baked in?

• USB Host mode
    Would be nice to be able to connect USB keyboards, etc. and I understand work has been done, but I think it fizzled out?

• Bluetooth HID
    I think this is included with CM7, does it work with bluetooth keyboards?

• Adhoc wifi hotspot connections
    The ability to connect to a phone running a hotspot would be useful, and the base Android code doesn't allow it. Is it turned on in CM7?

Many TIA

Guest Gaz14
Before I brick my ZTE v9, can someone tell me if the following are included in the latest CM7 releases? If not, they would be very nice to have !
  • WiFi Fix for disconnect in sleep
    In theory I understand the disconnect on sleeping was supposed to be fixed, but others have said its still there. Is it fixed?
  • Drivers for front facing camera
    For those of us with front facing cameras in our v9s, are the drivers for the secondary camera baked in?
  • USB Host mode
    Would be nice to be able to connect USB keyboards, etc. and I understand work has been done, but I think it fizzled out?
  • Bluetooth HID
  • Adhoc wifi hotspot connections
    The ability to connect to a phone running a hotspot would be useful, and the base Android code doesn't allow it. Is it turned on in CM7?

Many TIA

I share my connection with my partners v9 no problems connecting but that worked with the optus 2.2 still suffer. From wifi disconnect when screen off nomatter what the settings

Guest kallt_kaffe

[*]WiFi Fix for disconnect in sleep

No.

[*]Drivers for front facing camera

No idea. The camera lib has been taken from an official ZTE rom so I suppose there is a chance it works but I wouldn't count on it.

[*]USB Host mode

No, but we have the kernel sources now so it should be possible to do. Anyone have good (and cheap) source for the special cable needed?

[*]Bluetooth HID

I haven't tested but I think others have to som extent used bluetooth keyboards. I personally have used a Wiimote to control NES emulators.

[*]Adhoc wifi hotspot connections

I don't think the hotspot functionality counts as an adhoc network, but yes, connecting to wifi hotspots on other android devices should work aswell as making the ZTE Light a wifi hotspot. However the latter needs a charger because the connection breaks if the ZTE Light goes to sleep.

Guest sane?
No.

Damn, I hoped the talk of CM having fixed that wifi sleep bug was true. Its just too long lasting, that bug.

No idea. The camera lib has been taken from an official ZTE rom so I suppose there is a chance it works but I wouldn't count on it.

The Optus ROM doesn't have the driver for secondary camera, but there must be one out there since ZTE sell the two camera device in certain markets.

No, but we have the kernel sources now so it should be possible to do. Anyone have good (and cheap) source for the special cable needed?

Like this?

http://beyondthekeeboard.wordpress.com/201...usb-host-cable/

I haven't tested but I think others have to som extent used bluetooth keyboards. I personally have used a Wiimote to control NES emulators.

Sounds positive, and the apps generally work to provide that functionality, so there's a good chance.

I don't think the hotspot functionality counts as an adhoc network, but yes, connecting to wifi hotspots on other android devices should work aswell as making the ZTE Light a wifi hotspot. However the latter needs a charger because the connection breaks if the ZTE Light goes to sleep.

It's more the tablet connecting to an adhoc wifi hotspot, which the official v2.2 won't do. You can see it, but not connect, which is a pain.

Guest kallt_kaffe

Something like that but premade and cheap. Does it exist or do you have to make your own cable?

It's more the tablet connecting to an adhoc wifi hotspot, which the official v2.2 won't do. You can see it, but not connect, which is a pain.

Dunno, never tried adhoc but I suppose that if it doesn't work in 2.2 then at least it won't make it worse to go to CM7.

Guest sane?
Will something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-micro-USB-U...=item3f09a2caed work? I think they used those with the Huawei S7.

Issue would be that the ZTE v9 USB port is unlikely to be able to provide much/any power. Therefore you need an additional source of power if you are looking to hang, say, hard disks off it. Thus you'd need to go via a powered hub at the least.

Also, you'd need drivers for whatever it was, which limits what could be attached to what generic drivers could be included in the ROM. Keyboard, mouse and hard disk are the obvious candidates.

Guest forforum
Issue would be that the ZTE v9 USB port is unlikely to be able to provide much/any power. Therefore you need an additional source of power if you are looking to hang, say, hard disks off it. Thus you'd need to go via a powered hub at the least.

Also, you'd need drivers for whatever it was, which limits what could be attached to what generic drivers could be included in the ROM. Keyboard, mouse and hard disk are the obvious candidates.

I agree that we will need powered USB hub to be able to connect external hard disks, but for USB sticks and keyboards, its should do the job. Guys with Huawei S7 is doing that already and with such OTG cable. They even have a USB_Manager app to make it easier to mount external disks etc. I've ordered one of those cables and waiting for it to play with (I own both the V9 and S7).

For drivers, I guess, they could be compiled into the kernel or added as modules. The Huawei kernel source included quite a few drivers for various devices, they should be useful here too. This sort of OS work is out of my depth, but, guys like KK should be able to do something about it.

Edit: Just checked the V9 kernel source, the samd drivers included in the Huawei S7 kernel source are there too.

Edited by forforum

Guest gibbyman

I wouldn't mind switching Android for Linux (for example Mint LXDE or Fluxbox) on mine, but I suppose that's out of the question, right?

;-)