[HOW TO's] Fix a non responsive touchscreen / wrongly calibrated touchscreen

Guest SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal

Guide 1: This guide will help you solve your touch screen issue that was caused by a wrong calibration, a side affect of a rom flash, or other software issue

[YOU WILL NEED]

(1) A Windows PC

(2) ADB Installed http://theunlockr.com/2009/10/06/how-to-se...ndroid-devices/

(3) A USB Mouse ( Some lazer mouse's do not work )

(4) A USB to USB Cable ( Included with the Vega)

(5) Audi: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

(5) moded stock rom by newb5: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ddedstock-1-10/

(6) vegacomb rom ( or any other rom with mouse support) on your vegas sd card http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...nd-teamvillain/

[ STEPS]

1: Use Audi to remove any previous drivers for the Vega & install the drivers you will be needing (modaco drivers)

2: Put your Vega in recovery mode: hold down power button for 6 seconds until the Vega switches off, Hold in the back button for 2 seconds, hold in the power button for 2 seconds ( whilst keeping back button pressed), release the power button then after 2 seconds release the back button and plug your Vega into your PC (if it isn't already)

3: Launch Newbe5 moded stock rom flasher (VegaModdedStock_v1.10.exe ) and wait for it to finish.

4: Your Vega should now have newbe5 modded rom installed, power on your Vega and wait till you see USB debugging icon in your notification bar, then use adb to reboot into recovery using this comand. adb shell reboot recovery_2

4.a : Plug your USB mouse into your Vega

5: In clockworkmod recovery wipe data & cache + dalvic cache from the advanced section then select install rom from sdcard & select the Vegacomb rom you previously placed on your sdcard

6: When clockworkmod has finished installing the rom go back and select reboot device, from the moment clockworkmod exits...

6.a : hold in back button until you reach the vegacomb lockscreen or home screen, your mouse should now be functional... select apps from the top right corner and launch the touchsceen calibration app then select calibrate touchscreen DO NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN AT ALL DURING THE PROCESS

Your touch screen should now be fully functional!

If you already had vegacomb installed when your touch screen messed up you should just hold in the power button until the Vega completly switches off and start from ' 6.a '

Guide 2: This guide will help you recover from a bricked or bootlooping vega, This guide can also be used to help you install a rom on your Vega for the first time, or to upgrade your system partition for vegacomb 1.7+up

[YOU WILL NEED]

(1) A Windows PC

(2) A USB to USB Cable ( included with your Vega)

(3) Audi: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...iver-installer/

(4) moded stock rom by newb5: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ddedstock-1-10/

(5) A rom of your choice placed on your vegas memory card

[ STEPS]

1: Use Audi to remove any previous drivers for the Vega & install the drivers you will be needing (modaco drivers)

2: Put your Vega in recovery mode: hold down power button for 6 seconds until the Vega switches off, Hold in the back button for 2 seconds, hold in the power button for 2 seconds ( whilst keeping back button pressed), release the power button then after 2 seconds release the back button and plug your Vega into your PC (if it isn't already)

3: Launch Newbe5 moded stock rom flasher (VegaModdedStock_v1.10.exe ) and wait for it to finish.

4: Your Vega should now have newbe5 modded rom installed, Power on your Vega and finish the first time setup, you will now have an app in your app draw called reboot recovery.. use this to boot into clockworkmod

5: In clockworkmod recovery wipe data & cache + dalvic cache from the advanced section then select install rom from sdcard & select the rom you previously placed on your sdcard

6: Wait for clockworkmod to finish installing your rom, then select reboot device.

Your Vega should now be unbricked!... if you cannot get your Vega into recovey mode it has been suggested that some devices need to be plugged into the mains power.

Edited by SWOriginal

Guest SWOriginal

thanks for the command... the only problem is i dont have adb installed to use it.. tried using the adb-windows.exe in pauls rom folder but it scrolls through all the txt and then closes (windows xp). is there a guide or something i can follow without downloading the whole sdk?

Guest SWOriginal

got adb working but now when i enter "adb shell reboot recovery" it just reboots the device as normal, ive installed pauls clockworkmod using vegatools but it still does it

Guest dibbles

Can you not just use the Vegatools to update the ROM on the device, under the Recovery tab...?

I know that you installed Paul's ROM (not sure which stock version you are referring to) but maybe using the Vegatools to download and install the official 1.10 ROM might be helpful..?

When I was in similar situation as yourself I found that my issue was that somehow CWM wasn't "correctly" installed as it would not boot into recovery until I then reinstalled it.

I used the file recovery_vega_3028_easyinst_donotflash for the latest version of CWM.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...asy-install-v2/

Edited by dibbles

Guest SWOriginal

i used vegatools to flash pauls rom and the stock rom from advent.. both booted without touchscreen working.

i think the flashing of both roms is leaving the wrong calibrated file behind so i just need to know where that file is and replace it with someones whos works ( im hoping thats all i need )

Guest SWOriginal

i just manually flash clockwork mod from the modaco rom thread and its still not booting into recovery.. someone help!

i just manually flash clockwork mod from the modaco rom thread and its still not booting into recovery.. someone help!

Use the VEGA Stock 1.10 ROM install and start again?

Guest SWOriginal

Tried tha didnt work. Convinced its a hardware issue now (somehow brought on by the calibration app)tphoned currys for repair now.. don't know how im going to manage without it :)

Guest simonta
thanks for the command... the only problem is i dont have adb installed to use it.. tried using the adb-windows.exe in pauls rom folder but it scrolls through all the txt and then closes (windows xp). is there a guide or something i can follow without downloading the whole sdk?

adb-windows.exe is just a renamed copy of adb.exe. Try this:

adb devices

What happens?

Guest SWOriginal
adb-windows.exe is just a renamed copy of adb.exe. Try this:

adb devices

What happens?

I got adb working in the end (that's how I manually flashed clockworkmod) , the problem is that It refused to reboot into clockwork, when using adb reboot recovery or adding shell after adb the Vega would just do a normal reboot. I flashed the stock rom from The advent Vega site and then flashed clockwork through adb and that still resulted in a normal reboot. Paul's modaco rom also done a normal reboot.. its truely a brick

Guest tarling
I got adb working in the end (that's how I manually flashed clockworkmod) , the problem is that It refused to reboot into clockwork, when using adb reboot recovery or adding shell after adb the Vega would just do a normal reboot. I flashed the stock rom from The advent Vega site and then flashed clockwork through adb and that still resulted in a normal reboot. Paul's modaco rom also done a normal reboot.. its truely a brick

Hi,

Not sure if this is same issue, but take a look at:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-vega-unusable/

HTH,

J

Guest simonta

Sorry, my mistake. try

adb shell reboot recovery_2

or

adb shell recovery_2 && reboot

Plus, the Vega is never a brick. You can always get to recovery (not clockworkmod - see myadventvega) and reinstall the stock ROM.

Guest dibbles

Well done on the fix, and for those who helped.

Even more well done on posting back how you did resolve it so that it could help others unfortunate enough to be in a similar situation :)

Guest dibbles

I never thought that I would need this thread but for the first time my Vega lost the use of the touchscreen. This was after using the latest VegaComb 1.7 but NOT using the calibration tool. It simply stopped working after booting it up after previously being ok.

Using ADB I booted into recovery and wiped everything and, for now maybe, I simply restored my previous nandroid of CM 7 (done just prior to the VegaComb 1.7 install).

Hopefully this experience was just due to the VegaComb install as it had never happened previously. Not sure why it did though...?

Thanks again to the OP for the first post containing a solution.

Guest SWOriginal
I never thought that I would need this thread but for the first time my Vega lost the use of the touchscreen. This was after using the latest VegaComb 1.7 but NOT using the calibration tool. It simply stopped working after booting it up .

Thanks again to the OP for the first post containing a solution.

that's OK, I think I should rewrite the solution as Richard (newbe5) has provided us with a stock rom with clockwork already installed so we can cut out a few steps.. I'll get to it now :blink:

Guest dibbles

Well done with the update :blink:

I must admit I'm a little concerned though of trying the VegaComb 1.7 ROM again. Whilst there is a solution for the non responsive screen it was a little worrying at the time. I wonder if it was "just one of those things" or something more to do with the ROM itself..?

Then again seeing your updated post I could have just tried from "6a". All that configuration and set-up just gone now :huh:

Guest SWOriginal

I had no such issues with vegacomb 1.7 and I assume no one els has :blink:, you must have just been unlucky..when it happened to me I was convinced the app caused a hardware issue somehow and called PCWorld for a repair after I thought it was impossible to fix , glad I was wrong and its pretty straightforward to fix.

Sorry about that lol, i should have put it in the original steps ... Well at least now you've got everything setup on your PC just in case it happens again.

Guest SWOriginal

Guide has been updated yet again!,

Changes: included second guide for people with bricked vegas, installing a rom for the first time or goin to the new system partitions for vegacomb 1.7

Guest joaotavela

well, i fix vega screen lauching calibration app through adb.

First, i flash Moddedstock 1.10 ( http://android.modac...oddedstock-110/)

Second, connect my device through adb in first screen ( Language Settings)

After, i downloaded ux100 calibration app (Module AP) ( http://android.modac...-works-on-vega/ )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FOPHAS7O

Then install the app with the command :

adb install moduleap.apk

The run the app through adb

adb

# am start -a android.intent.action.Main -n it7260.android/.ModuleAP

When the application start ,i can touch the button of recalibration, and works.

Edited by joaotavela

Guest Yogimax

Hi there - thanks for the post. Can you edit your original post slightly - for recovery mode AFAIK you have to have your charger plugged in to allow you to get recovery. Also it is useful to be plugged into your PC before starting as you will hear the chime as the Vega in recovery mode is detected.

Keep up the good work.