ZTE Skate

Guest Cirno

Guest Cirno

Well I am not sure if this is a good place to post about it. However seeing recent add in here in sweden.

We have 2 different ZTE Skates, one cheaper than the other one. The cheapest has a 800MHz processor, the expensive one has a 1GHz processor.

I am wondering did ZTE change plans or is it something wrong from where I see it?

Guest ColdEmbrace
Well I am not sure if this is a good place to post about it. However seeing recent add in here in sweden.

We have 2 different ZTE Skates, one cheaper than the other one. The cheapest has a 800MHz processor, the expensive one has a 1GHz processor.

I am wondering did ZTE change plans or is it something wrong from where I see it?

Well as over here UK I have only seen the ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo) with a 800MHz processor but no price or official release date, but that would explain why if they are planning on a 1GHz model

Guest Cirno
Well as over here UK I have only seen the ZTE Skate (Orange Monte Carlo) with a 800MHz processor but no price or official release date, but that would explain why if they are planning on a 1GHz model

Yeah well here we got the prices...

800MHz - 2290 Swedish kronor = 251.583211 Euros / 225.606823 British pounds

1GHz - 2790 Swedish kronor = 306.514043 Euros / 274.865955 British pounds

Guest jakobitm

It's too much. If the price in UK will be at this level no one will buy it. Competition is too strong. I would consider swap my blade with skate with the price around 150 £ maximum.

Guest KonstaT

Are these prices from an operator or from some electronics store? I guess you can get it cheaper from some operator with some kind of pay as you go contract.

edit. Ok, it seems that 2290kr is pre-order price for Skate from cdon.se. Can't find confirmation for the 1ghz one though. You can also pre-order it in finland from cdon.fi for 259€. These are not final prices!

http://www.swedroid.se/38902/zte-skate-4-3...ead-for-2290kr/

Edited by KonstaT

Cirno do you know how much the blade costs in Sweden? would be interesting to see how that compares to the price in the UK.

Cheers.

Guest KACE_231
This is because we have high taxes for our electronics nothing to be afraid of :)

The Tax rate for all UK products is also rediculously high, I predict the Skate is going to be above £200

Guest Atomix86

£225 for the Skate is a joke, and paying £50 extra for a measly 200mhz more is just absurd. For £275 you can get a far better high end phone.

Guest Cirno
Cirno do you know how much the blade costs in Sweden? would be interesting to see how that compares to the price in the UK.

Cheers.

ZTE - Blade normal(LCD): 1395 Swedish kronor = 153.642071 Euros / 137.56638 British pounds

Edited by Cirno

Guest KACE_231

Hold on a minute, does this mean the Skate is now on sale (retail), so ZTE must release the source for the new .35 kernel?

Edited by KACE_231

Guest Cirno
Are these prices from an operator or from some electronics store? I guess you can get it cheaper from some operator with some kind of pay as you go contract.

edit. Ok, it seems that 2290kr is pre-order price for Skate from cdon.se. Can't find confirmation for the 1ghz one though. You can also pre-order it in finland from cdon.fi for 259€. These are not final prices!

http://www.swedroid.se/38902/zte-skate-4-3...ead-for-2290kr/

The 1GHz one is listed at netonnet.se

http://www.netonnet.se/art/telefon/mobilte...te/158107.5538/

Guest Cirno
Hold on a minute, does this mean the Skate is now on sale (retail), so ZTE must release the source for the new .35 kernel?

No, currently for those who live in Sweden, we can only wait until end of August to buy, Skate.

Myself will not buy anything of them, but seeing there is a 1GHz skate listed I got curious. Is it really that and if so what kind of CPU. If its worth changing from Idoes X5.