T-mobile UK 2.3.3 update available

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae

just been asked for detailed guide on hukd for updating.

To update you will need:

Windows Pc

the micro usb cable

fully charged LG P500

grab the B2CAppSetup.exe from here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

Run it as Administrator

3 tabs choose Customer supportpost-19680-1310133705_thumb.jpg

choose Application, Manual & USB Driver Download

and you get to this screen

post-19680-1310133842_thumb.jpg

type *#06# on your LG P500, it will display your IMEI, enter this in the top box

you will get

post-19680-1310133999_thumb.jpg

choose the second file which is the usb driver, double click it and it will be downloaded.

you will find the downloaded driver in C:/LGP500 it is called LGUnitedMobileDriverxxxxxx.exe

run this to install the needed drivers

after this completes, connect your LG P500

the LG Update Mobile Tool will now recognise your P500 and offer the update

Guest Bob1942

just been asked for detailed guide on hukd for updating.

To update you will need:

Windows Pc

the micro usb cable

fully charged LG P500

grab the B2CAppSetup.exe from here http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

Run it as Administrator

3 tabs choose Customer supportpost-19680-1310133705_thumb.jpg

choose Application, Manual & USB Driver Download

and you get to this screen

post-19680-1310133842_thumb.jpg

type *#06# on your LG P500, it will display your IMEI, enter this in the top box

you will get

post-19680-1310133999_thumb.jpg

choose the second file which is the usb driver, double click it and it will be downloaded.

you will find the downloaded driver in C:/LGP500 it is called LGUnitedMobileDriverxxxxxx.exe

run this to install the needed drivers

after this completes, connect your LG P500

the LG Update Mobile Tool will now recognise your P500 and offer the update

Well I think I installed as described,got message phone is up to date but phone still shows Android 2.2.1 I am on Orange but the LG site includes Orange LGP500 as upgradeable so where am I going wronmg?

Guest Celtic67

Well I think I installed as described,got message phone is up to date but phone still shows Android 2.2.1 I am on Orange but the LG site includes Orange LGP500 as upgradeable so where am I going wronmg?

I'm on T-Mobile, as is hecatae, so it could be that Orange haven't finished bloating Gingerbread yet. I still can't get LG's site to show me the list of available roms, so can't check what Orange are on. Where did you see it say that it's got an upgrade available?

If you remove your battery & make a note of your phone's serial number, then go here:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/svc/popup/model_check.jsp?model=LGP500&esn=123ABCD456789

Change 123ABCD456789 to your own serial number. You should see something like this:

LGP500 ATMUBK 123456789012345 123ABCD456789

Make a note of the number highlighted in red, then go to:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=123456789012345

That should show the latest version available on your network. Mine shows V20G_00. What's yours?

Guest Bob1942

I'm on T-Mobile, as is hecatae, so it could be that Orange haven't finished bloating Gingerbread yet. I still can't get LG's site to show me the list of available roms, so can't check what Orange are on. Where did you see it say that it's got an upgrade available?

If you remove your battery & make a note of your phone's serial number, then go here:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/svc/popup/model_check.jsp?model=LGP500&esn=123ABCD456789

Change 123ABCD456789 to your own serial number. You should see something like this:

LGP500 ATMUBK 123456789012345 123ABCD456789

Make a note of the number highlighted in red, then go to:

csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=123456789012345

That should show the latest version available on your network. Mine shows V20G_00. What's yours?

The Orange P500 is on a list on the LG Suite so I assumed I could upgrade but every time LG Suite says Ive the latest software,thanks for your help I think the best thing is for me to ask at an Orange shop about 2.3.3 Tried the hidden menu pager & SW version is LG-P500-V10r HW version P500_REV_1_1

Edited by Bob1942

Guest hecatae

The Orange P500 is on a list on the LG Suite so I assumed I could upgrade but every time LG Suite says Ive the latest software,thanks for your help I think the best thing is for me to ask at an Orange shop about 2.3.3

Orange UK can take ages to release updates, which is ironic when you consider they are part of Everything Everywhere along with T-Mobile UK.

I'm working on a generic 2.3.3, i'm using the T-mobile UK 20g update as the base, removing the t-mobile boot animation, removing all unnecessary t-mobile apps, etc

Guest Celtic67

Orange UK can take ages to release updates, which is ironic when you consider they are part of Everything Everywhere along with T-Mobile UK.

I'm working on a generic 2.3.3, i'm using the T-mobile UK 20g update as the base, removing the t-mobile boot animation, removing all unnecessary t-mobile apps, etc

I'm working through the T-Mobile version, uninstalling bits & pieces, but was going to post about it. What have you been able to remove? I'm struggling to get rid of Mobile Jukebox and Mobile TV & Video, among others. I seem to have got rid of whatever was keeping it awake all the time, though. I was going to have a search & see if I could find the annoying T-Mobile boot animation & ditch that, too.

I'd definitely be interested in getting a generic version, when you're ready for it to be tested. :rolleyes:

On a seperate note, I used UOT Kitchen to change my battery icon to a circle last night. The zip wouldn't flash, I had to copy files in manually. When I get a chance, I'll have a look and see how to automate it.

Guest hecatae

I'm working through the T-Mobile version, uninstalling bits & pieces, but was going to post about it. What have you been able to remove? I'm struggling to get rid of Mobile Jukebox and Mobile TV & Video, among others. I seem to have got rid of whatever was keeping it awake all the time, though. I was going to have a search & see if I could find the annoying T-Mobile boot animation & ditch that, too.

I'd definitely be interested in getting a generic version, when you're ready for it to be tested. :rolleyes:

On a seperate note, I used UOT Kitchen to change my battery icon to a circle last night. The zip wouldn't flash, I had to copy files in manually. When I get a chance, I'll have a look and see how to automate it.

currently identifying the junk apps, still looking at hiddenmenu.apk and wondering what it is. /me thinks google will be my friend

boot animation will be in /system/media

anyone a fan of the lg launcher, does not effect the pull down menu if you remove it

currently identifying the junk apps, still looking at hiddenmenu.apk and wondering what it is. /me thinks google will be my friend

anyone a fan of the lg launcher, does not effect the pull down menu if you remove it

I'll be no help here probably but I noticed a lot of "hidden" apps that titanium backup noticed on the LG that I couldn't see in the apps drawer.

A simpler boot animation to speed up the process would be nice.

I use LauncherPro like I was recommended to on the OSF.

Guest Celtic67

Dial 3845#*500# to get to the hidden menu. Or not, if you uninstall it!

I've installed LauncherPro, just because I'm used to it. I'm not keen on the LG launcher, but you're never going to please everyone if you choose something different.

I'd write a list of what I removed, but... they're gone & I can't remember! Any more that I get rid of, I'll make a list.

Nothing obvious in /system/media, looks like boot animation is in /system/bin. Hmm, tried renaming or movin it to the SD cardbut it's still running.

Dial 3845#*500# to get to the hidden menu. Or not, if you uninstall it!

I've installed LauncherPro, just because I'm used to it. I'm not keen on the LG launcher, but you're never going to please everyone if you choose something different.

I'd write a list of what I removed, but... they're gone & I can't remember! Any more that I get rid of, I'll make a list.

Nothing obvious in /system/media, looks like boot animation is in /system/bin. Hmm, tried renaming or movin it to the SD cardbut it's still running.

You guys know yours stuff! :) That hidden menu interesting although don't think much to play with in there for me that is fun lol.

Yeah LauncherPro seems to be the consensus - especially on the Blade forum anyway.

Can you or Hec confirm a few stock apps and I can safely delete through Titanium Backup then??? I will backup of course. The battery seems worse than my blade so maybe that will help?!

Guest Celtic67

You guys know yours stuff! :) That hidden menu interesting although don't think much to play with in there for me that is fun lol.

Yeah LauncherPro seems to be the consensus - especially on the Blade forum anyway.

Can you or Hec confirm a few stock apps and I can safely delete through Titanium Backup then??? I will backup of course. The battery seems worse than my blade so maybe that will help?!

I've deleted these ones:

Alarm clock

Analog clock

App Advisor