My skullcandy earphones wont work with phone

Guest neon_tigers

Guest neon_tigers

I brought a pair of skullcandy fmj the other day and they work fine in all my other devices but when i put them in my phone all they do is make a loud fuzz/buzzy noise, i can hear audio but it's very quiet. The headphones that come with the phone work perfect, so does any one know what is going wrong here ?

Edited by neon_tigers

Guest Airazz

It's because of the plug shape and size. I tried using ZTE headphones on my laptop and got the same problem as you, 4-pin ZTE plug simply is different than your normal headphones. I had to twitch it around, twist, push, pull until I found the right spot where all pins were connected.

Guest neon_tigers
try press call button on headphones, with my headphones it work

Thanks this solved the problem kind of, when i pressed the button in the volume did go to normal but did not stay there, I had to use some tape to tape down the button to make them work as headphones which kind of ruins the aesthetics but at least there working

Guest B9Anders

QUOTE(peto223 @ Jul 9 2011, 14:03) try press call button on headphones, with my headphones it work

Thanks this solved the problem kind of, when i pressed the button in the volume did go to normal but did not stay there, I had to use some tape to tape down the button to make them work as headphones which kind of ruins the aesthetics but at least there working

I have the same problem with my Klipsch earphones, use my clothes clip on the button to compensate. Surely there must be a way to make it work so the buttons on one's smartphone-designed earphones actually work the way they are supposed.