[ROM] X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5, i8000.JJ1.29022.21916

Guest xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

X920 Series: ZeroUI-Ooberlite 6.5.5 & 6.5.0

This is the X-920 Series OOBERLITE RELEASE converted for the i8000 with UPX & PNGOUT COMPRESSION.

welcomehead.192.pngoober1.pngoober3.pngoober2.png

This ROM is based on the Verizon i920 for the Americas and customized around the i8000 Framework and Drivers.

It utilizes a majority of the i920 Dynamic Link Libraries except for required 8000 DLLs to function. I have no way to test this ROM, but it works, so hence it is a Beta Release. I feel it will be a great benefit for the community if this conversion works.

Removed:

Everything (Even the Start Menu)

Put Back In:

Windows Mobile 6.5.29022

WinMo Standard Today [Zero-UI]

Samung DG21 Dynamic Link Libraries (Testing on i8000) [No-UPX Compression]

Executables for Samsung Configurations [uPX'd]

Camera and Firmware for the i920 (Testing on i8000) [uPX'd]

Samsung Stock Software

Samsung Settings [uPX'd]

Zero Samsung Stock Software Included

Add-In Software [uPX'd]

Auto-Rotate 1.2.0.19865

Mortscript 4.2

MyPhone [Latest]

xLightWaverX Minimized Black Theme

The X-Menu

Currently Working On:

Converting i920 Zero-UI Ooberlite ROM to i8000.

ROM Information:

Total Program RAM - 150MB

Available Program Ram - 105MB

Total Storage - 350MB

Available Storage - 325.0MB

PagePool - 10MB

UPX Compression

PNGOUT Compression

Optimized Boot.RGU with 2MB Cache [Fat, Data, Bitmap] Cooked In.

Thanks

AMDZero - Without you, we'd all be running about like Swedish Chefs.

Speedfrog - For giving me the idea.

Wes - Awesome Rom Tool

My GF, for putting up with the Endless Nights of working on these ROMs

Appreciated Donations

Brian W, tedkord, nickmo20, ultralight23, Stylii

Downloads

x920series i8000 JJ1 29022 ZeroUI-Ooberlite [x920series.i8000.JJ1.29022.ZeroUI-Ooberlite.V2.0.nb0.7z (84.8Mb)] [07-10-11]

x920series i8000 JJ1 21916 ZeroUI-Ooberlite [x920series.i8000.JJ1.21916.ZeroUI-Ooberlite.V2.0.nb0.7z (82.3Mb)] [07-29-11]

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx
Downloads

X-920 Series: Zero-UI OoberLITE Alpha [x920series.i8000.JJ1.29022.ZeroUI-Ooberlite.V2.0..nb0.7z (88Mb)] [07-10-11]

This is an Alpha Release, please use at your own risk. ROM is live as of 3:30pm EST

Enjoy and let me know how this works on your devices.

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest xlightwaverx

Thank you

Its working smile.gif

Great, not bad for first time out of the BOX and I don't own an i8000 :blink: If anyone else is using this, please post some feedback.

Plans for the next release include UPX and PNGOUT Compression which I did not bother with since it takes a while and I wanted to see if it actually functioned first.

X

Guest Lirai

Great, not bad for first time out of the BOX and I don't own an i8000 :blink: If anyone else is using this, please post some feedback.

Plans for the next release include UPX and PNGOUT Compression which I did not bother with since it takes a while and I wanted to see if it actually functioned first.

X

hi,thanks for your nice work. i have a little problem:my phone cannot connect network after install this Rom

Guest xlightwaverx

hi,thanks for your nice work. i have a little problem:my phone cannot connect network after install this Rom

Ok other's have reported no internet as well. In my discussion with Speedfrog, he says that i8000 users retrieve their carrier settings from a SMS message. Here is the proposed work around and if this works I will cook in the next release.

Locate your start up folder on your i8000.

Remove CDMACSP.lnk from your startup folder.

Reboot Phone.

In America, on the i920, we have CDMACSP.EXE boot with our phones that reinstates the Verizon Carrier Settings on every boot. This is loading on your device, and possibly forcing those carrier settings, hence preventing you from retrieving your correct ones.

Please try and post feedback.

Thanks,

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest rvin42

the rom looks good...and quick too...

but micro sd card is not being detected... i have tried 8gb and 16gb .....

any solution...

thanx

Guest xlightwaverx

the rom looks good...and quick too...

but micro sd card is not being detected... i have tried 8gb and 16gb .....

any solution...

thanx

Nothing pertaining to the file system has been touched, anyone else having issues with this?

X

Guest xlightwaverx

you need to install samsung dialer.

Any more information on the network behavior? Are people able to utilize the internet? I have no way to test.

X

Guest Speedfrog

Any more information on the network behavior? Are people able to utilize the internet? I have no way to test.

X

im not getting internet to work (wifi works), but not a big deal for me :)

Guest xlightwaverx

im not getting internet to work (wifi works), but not a big deal for me :)

Well that's not a good thing then. I'll see if I can figure it out tonight. I also tried the WinMo 6.1 from shadow's kitchen, but I can't seem to get it to boot on the i920, so I don't feel comfortable releasing it for the i8000. I need a 21057 with a MSKernel that I can create a valid XIP with, though after a while, I managed to get the preexisting 21057 xip.bin to take without recompiling the XIP. I ended up getting Swype errors and once I retried without Swype, I got a "white screen of death" so to say.

I completely dumped the i8000 OEM folder on this release, it's all i920. So I need to find the required files for getting the network to work. Maybe someone has some ideas. On the i920, it's CDMACSP.EXE. I would imagine there must be some chefs out there that know what the required files are for internet to function.

Guest Speedfrog

did you try with the 21054 i sent to you on PM? i also tried shadows not long ago, i also couldnt boot, but thats because of the missing mskernel folders, i guess. but you cant use swype in the roms. for the internet file i dont know :(

Guest xlightwaverx

Not sure if this will help, but check out my post about Mortscript 4.2 and wifi not working...

I would like to see this rom on a 6.5 please also... any chance of that?

Ill check it out when I get home but as far as I know the wifi is working. It may have something to do with mort script though.

The only reason mort script is even in the release is to enable the windows dialer to use the send key.

I can do a 21916 release and add it to the main thread.

X

Guest bobfrantic

Ill check it out when I get home but as far as I know the wifi is working. It may have something to do with mort script though.

The only reason mort script is even in the release is to enable the windows dialer to use the send key.

I can do a 21916 release and add it to the main thread.

X

A 21916 release would be great!!! Curious about gwes.exe, which version is in the rom. I know with the main menu removed it uses up a lot less ram. Anyone seen how much this ram gobbler is using on this one? :) Here is a nice little program that shows ram, battery, space on "drive" and will show you processes running. I got it from Floyds theme for Homescreen ++ from the XDA site. Just make a shortcut to it or run directly. Make sure to have both files in same folder. Look forward to what people find.

Process.zip

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest xlightwaverx

Odd question, but I need it to get WM6.1 working. Any chefs out there have a 6.1 version of the .VM and .ROM folders for the SYS?

Or, better yet, a link to a i8000 ROM Dump that consists of WM 6.1

Thanks,

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest bobfrantic

Odd question, but I need it to get WM6.1 working. Any chefs out there have a 6.1 version of the .VM and .ROM folders for the SYS?

Or, better yet, a link to a i8000 ROM Dump that consists of WM 6.1

Thanks,

X

Here is MST, EBOOT, PHONE, CSC WinMo 6.1 rom

I8000XXIG7_HW_40.zip

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest Speedfrog

im downloading the I8000NXXIK5 rom from secany`s rom thread, which i think is the latest 6.1 rom. i will post a rommdump.

EDIT: damn, it was 6.5 i will download the link bobfrantic posted...

EDIT: its not working, octas says bootloader recommended, what shall i do?

Shall i upload it to the server? if so can you send me all the info(username,pw,prgram and port)

but why cant you use the JJ1 dump with 21057 or 54?

Guest bobfrantic

im downloading the I8000NXXIK5 rom from secany`s rom thread, which i think is the latest 6.1 rom. i will post a rommdump.

EDIT: damn, it was 6.5 i will download the link bobfrantic posted...

EDIT: its not working, octas says bootloader recommended, what shall i do?

Shall i upload it to the server? if so can you send me all the info(username,pw,prgram and port)

but why cant you use the JJ1 dump with 21057 or 54?

Octans saying bootloader recommended? Is that when you try to install the rom i uploaded on your phone? I know of no pw or username required. It installed fine for me.

I have one other 6.1 rom if you want though. Let me know :D

Guest xlightwaverx

Octans saying bootloader recommended? Is that when you try to install the rom i uploaded on your phone? I know of no pw or username required. It installed fine for me.

I have one other 6.1 rom if you want though. Let me know :D

If someone can give SpeedyFrog the latest 6.1 WM Release, he can upload it to my web server and I will mess with if after Vacation.

Even easier, if someone had the .VM and .ROM directories that belong in the 6.1 SYS that is technically all I need. Probably only a couple KB. 6.5 .ROM/.VM won't take for BuildOS drops errors.

Though it does seem that all the 6.1 WM Releases, though quite similar, are all missing different "required" parts of them to compile. I have a feeling I am going to have to utilized a posted .VM/.ROM, 21054 SYS, with a 20157 XIP (Since I can't find 21054 MSXIPKernel), MetaData from another release, unless that too will cause a "BuildOS Shadow" error.

Please advise.

X

Guest bobfrantic

If someone can give SpeedyFrog the latest 6.1 WM Release, he can upload it to my web server and I will mess with if after Vacation.

Even easier, if someone had the .VM and .ROM directories that belong in the 6.1 SYS that is technically all I need. Probably only a couple KB. 6.5 .ROM/.VM won't take for BuildOS drops errors.

Though it does seem that all the 6.1 WM Releases, though quite similar, are all missing different "required" parts of them to compile. I have a feeling I am going to have to utilized a posted .VM/.ROM, 21054 SYS, with a 20157 XIP (Since I can't find 21054 MSXIPKernel), MetaData from another release, unless that too will cause a "BuildOS Shadow" error.

Please advise.

X

I hope this is right, I dumped a nbo file of I8000JPIJ3 dump which is win 6.1 Here is the .vm and .rom from the sys folder of that dump. Hope this is what you need. (kinda new at this hehe)

.Rom.VM-I8000JPIJ3-wm6.1.zip

or if you want the entire rom with csc, eboot, and phone here it is:

I8000JPIJ3.zip - 281.7 Mb

Edited by bobfrantic

Guest Speedfrog

it said bootloader recommended, when i tried to flash the rom you posted.

The pw was to x`s server, but if your files works i dont have to flash it :)