Recovering deleted data from a Android phone.

Guest BorgmanJayce

Guest BorgmanJayce

If I do a complete wipe of a Android phone; for example, a Galaxy S II, are there any Apps out there that would allow me to recover the files and folders from the data partitions on the phone itself.

Basically, my phone may or may not be bricked as I keep getting 'System UIDs Inconsistent' messages and I can't force close the phone even though it's still fully working. I'm using VillainROM and another problem that I have is that even though the partitions themselves can be seen via Windows Explorer when hooked up to my laptop, I can't access them.

I can also see the SD card partition that's part of the phone itself via ClockworkMOD and access that on the phone so I know the data at least on both partitions is safe.

Guest flshg

If I do a complete wipe of a Android phone; for example, a Galaxy S II, are there any Apps out there that would allow me to recover the files and folders from the data partitions on the phone itself.

Basically, my phone may or may not be bricked as I keep getting 'System UIDs Inconsistent' messages and I can't force close the phone even though it's still fully working. I'm using VillainROM and another problem that I have is that even though the partitions themselves can be seen via Windows Explorer when hooked up to my laptop, I can't access them.

I can also see the SD card partition that's part of the phone itself via ClockworkMOD and access that on the phone so I know the data at least on both partitions is safe.

Titanium backup would be best I think. This backs up apps, and settings (only tested backup/restore of apps myself, not sure about settings).

However, you could first try the 'fix permissions' option in clockworkmod to see if that fixes your problems (backup stuff first though).

Guest BorgmanJayce

Titanium backup would be best I think. This backs up apps, and settings (only tested backup/restore of apps myself, not sure about settings).

However, you could first try the 'fix permissions' option in clockworkmod to see if that fixes your problems (backup stuff first though).

I've installed Titanium Backup but I can't access it now that I can't access my phone properly plus when I tried to upgrade it, the software wouldn't let me.

I've just accessed ClockworkMod right now and the only options available are ones for rebooting the system, applying an update from a SD card, wipe data/factory reset (which I don't want to do if possible) and wipe cache partition.

If it's any help, I got a message which states the following on the ClockworkMod screen:

--Updating application...

E:install_application_for_customer:Can't unmount/preload

copy application failed.

-- Appling Multi-CSC...

Installing Multi-CSC

Can't access to '/system/csc/VOD/system/'.

Successfully applied multi-CSC.

<div><br></div><div>EDIT: It turns out the recovery screen I saw was actually the general Android System Recovery screen, not ClockworkMod. I thought that pressing Volume Up+Home+Power would have taken me to ClockworkMod.</div>

Edited by BorgmanJayce

• 1 year later...
Guest howardgavin

Immediately stop taking new data with your Android phone, because the more you write data, the less likely you’ll be able to retrieve the lost data.

Actually, your files are stored on the memory card of your Android phone. And there are some memory card recovery software available to undelete data from memory card. You may try Android Data Recovery! I used it and it worked!

Check it's user guide here: Recovering deleted data from an Android phone

Edited by howardgavin

• 4 months later...
Guest brantewing
1 Connect your Android device to the computer
You need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone. According to the Android OS version running on your device, choose a way to enable it.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging"
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"

2 Scan your Android device for lost data with Android Data Recovery.
After enabling the USB debugging, you'll get the window as follows. Click "Start" to anaylize your device.

3 Preview and recover contacts, messages, photos and video from Android
When the scan completes, you'll get a scan result below. You can preview SMS, contacts and photos scanned out. Choose those you need and click "Recover" to preserve them on your computer.
Edited by brantewing

• 3 weeks later...
Guest calolinswift

When files deleted from android, the os removes the pointer to the files from the file allocation table and flags the deleted files as no longer needed. in order to recover the deleted data with Android Data Recovery, you need to avoid writing data to the card or internal storage, plug in your device and set the usb setting as mass storage so that both the sd card and built-in storage should be recognized and mounted as removable drive, scan the drive, then recover the deleted files from android. 

Edited by calolinswift

• 2 months later...
Guest Breecooper

Some advice: you had better form a habit to backup your data. If not, I think you need a recovery tool to help you.

Android Data Recovery software can examine all of the areas on your drive marked as empty and work out what types of file used to be there. If a complete file can be found it can reconstruct it as though it had never been deleted. With some file types, such as images the software will attempt to recover as much of the data as possible, even if sections of it have before permanently lost.

You may want to know more details:  How to Recover Deleted Data on Android

Edited by Breecooper

Guest jensi10
Losing data like contacts, text messages, photos, videos and other data is becoming more and more common among Android users. As we know, various reasons may result in that data loss, such as accidently deleting, factory resetting,update failure,  flashing ROM, rooting, etc. If you are one of those unlucky guy encountering these occasions. Android Data Recovery can solve your problem effortlessly.
It just takes you 4 steps to recover data from Android. Read the steps below and have a try.
Step 1. Run the Android Data Recovery

Step 2. Set up Android to enable USB debugging
In this parts, you will 3 Android OS to choose for.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1
3) For Android 4.2 or newer
Step 3. Start scanning your Android for lost data

Step 4. Preview and restore pictures, messages, contacts, and video from Android phone
Good luck!

• 7 months later...
Guest Peter Carlos

Well, I am sure there are just a number of them available and if you ask me I use recuva most of the time to recover my files and folder, can say its pretty decent and I think you can also give it a try !  

• 1 month later...
Guest AimeeBuck
On 10/22/2013 at 3:04 PM, brantewing said:

1 Connect your Android device to the computer
You need to enable USB debugging on your Android phone. According to the Android OS version running on your device, choose a way to enable it.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier: Enter "Settings" < Click "Applications" < Click "Development" < Check "USB debugging"
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1: Enter "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"
3) For Android 4.2 or newer: Enter "Settings" < Click "About Phone" < Tap "Build number" for several times until getting a note "You are under developer mode" < Back to "Settings" < Click "Developer options" < Check "USB debugging"

2 Scan your Android device for lost data with RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery.
After enabling the USB debugging, you'll get the window as follows. Click "Start" to anaylize your device.

3 Preview and recover contacts, messages, photos and video from Android
When the scan completes, you'll get a scan result below. You can preview SMS, contacts and photos scanned out. Choose those you need and click "Recover" to preserve them on your computer.

Good share. Thanks.

Edited by AimeeBuck

Guest Peter Carlos

Well, considering that you are asking about some recovery software that could help you in getting your data back after performing a factory reset, I would say yes there are a number of them available which can do this for you but you have be real quick with the recovering process, because further delay means that place where your data previously was gets over written by something else. You can use software like Dr. WonderFoneShare to recover you data back after performing a factory reset. But do remember act fast over it and after the factory reset don't try writing something more over it otherwise the chances of getting your things back will decrease. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest ablsinem
On 2013/6/5 at 4:24 PM, howardgavin said:

Immediately stop taking new data with your Android phone, because the more you write data, the less likely you’ll be able to retrieve the lost data.

Actually, your files are stored on the memory card of your Android phone. And there are some memory card recovery software available to undelete data from memory card. You may try Android Data Recovery! I used it and it worked!

Check it's user guide here: Recovering deleted data from an Android phone

Thanks to share this useful solution.

Edited by ablsinem

• 2 weeks later...
Guest spursdocia

It depends on which kind of data you deleted. You can easily recover data from SD card and it's a bit hard to recover from internal memory. I know how to recover Android contacts with Androidphonesoft Android Recovery, which i have been using for last couple of months. It already helped me retrieve 100+ deleted contacts from my S6. Source: How to recover Android contacts

Edited by spursdocia

Guest Fbaaqty

Coolmuster Samsung Recovery software is an excellent app on both Windows and Mac, which can retrieve missing files from internal storage and also external memory card. It supports various Android OS's, such as Android 4.2.2 or above.

Recover deleted files android

Edited by Fbaaqty

• 1 month later...
Guest Farrah77
On 2014/1/24 at 5:11 PM, jensi10 said:
Losing data like contacts, text messages, photos, videos and other data is becoming more and more common among Android users. As we know, various reasons may result in that data loss, such as accidently deleting, factory resetting,update failure,  flashing ROM, rooting, etc. If you are one of those unlucky guy encountering these occasions. Mobiledic Android Data Recovery can solve your problem effortlessly.
It just takes you 4 steps to recover data from Android. Read the steps below and have a try.
Step 1. Run the Android Data Recovery

Step 2. Set up Android to enable USB debugging
In this parts, you will 3 Android OS to choose for.
1) For Android 2.3 or earlier
2) For Android 3.0 to 4.1
3) For Android 4.2 or newer
Step 3. Start scanning your Android for lost data

Step 4. Preview and restore deleted photos, messages, contacts, and video from Android phone
Good luck!

Do i need to root my phone before performing the data recovery?

Edited by Farrah77

Guest sandra142

If you are looking for any perfect software that can easily recover your lost or deleted data from smartphone/android  then i want to suggest you to use Android Data Recovery software as it is well suited to recover any of your deleted stuffs like pictures, videos, contacts, etc from any Android devices like mobile phones and tablets.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest moclioki

Retrieving Android phones data such as pictures, videos, documents, contacts, and other files require using special Android recovery programs. These applications help users take back deleted data which was previously on the phone memory or SD card but is inaccessible at the time. Downloading and installing these software require buying them in the first place. But not always. As some of these recovery programs let users try them for free and then purchase the software to recover the full list of files and data.

Official website of the software producers could be used to find the needed information to download the recovery tools for Android phones.

• 3 months later...
Guest Jascnhl

Are you searching for how to recover deleted data from android ?when you looking for it by using Google ,there is have a lot of tutorial telling you how to do , in fact, they ignore this question that is security problems,up to now , i have found a approach it to recover the deleted or lost phone data from android , including messages,music,contacts,photos,video,and more, above all it can't damage to any the original phone data or device, 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest ablsinem

You can download tools like Android Recovery which offer trial version for Winodws and Mac users.  It is able to recover all lost or deleted contents like sms, contacts, music, photos and more from your Android devices on PC.

For the usage of messages recovery, you can refer to this how to retrieve deleted text messages on android

image.png

Edited by ablsinem

• 2 months later...

What happens when one of your applications is riddled with virus and it corrupts the data card? Or if the phone suffers physical trauma and temporarily shuts down access to its contents? Or at the very least, how can Android device users cope with the problem of forgetfulness and retrieve accidentally deleted information?

The answer to these problems is this awesome utility. It is a premium data recovery tool for Android devices.

• 9 months later...
Guest gusepina
On 11/7/2011 at 8:30 PM, BorgmanJayce said:

I've installed Titanium Backup but I can't access it now that I can't access my phone properly plus when I tried to upgrade it, the software wouldn't let me.

I've just accessed ClockworkMod right now and the only options available are ones for rebooting the system, applying an update from a SD card, wipe data/factory reset (which I don't want to do if possible) and wipe cache partition.

If it's any help, I got a message subito.it  which states the following on the ClockworkMod screen:

--Updating application...

E:install_application_for_customer:Can't unmount/preload

copy application failed.

-- Appling Multi-CSC...

Installing Multi-CSC

Can't access to '/system/csc/VOD/system/'.

Successfully applied multi-CSC.

<div><br></div><div>EDIT: It turns out the recovery screen I saw was actually the general Android System Recovery screen, not ClockworkMod. I thought that pressing Volume Up+Home+Power would have taken me to ClockworkMod.</div>

What the problem ?