Nom nom tastes like 2X Gingerbread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wizard83

Hi Paul,

I have 2 questions for you:

- Did they solved the pinch to zoom bug in the gallery?

- Did they implement autofocus on video recording? (mmm, maybe I already know the answer: no, they don't...:lol:)

Edited by wizard83

Guest Borjs85

Paul, please, 2 questions:

-The launcher is still laggy or they fix that?

-There is still that annoying lag in the lockscreen?

Thanks

Guest Piter1225

Thanks

+1

That's the monst annoying thing in Froyo...

BTW it's sad how fast and responsive seems launcher of new Optimus Net (with 2.3.3) compared to 2X Froyo:

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

I hope they did same to O2X launcher...

Edited by Piter1225

Guest zippyioa

how long before it will be added to the kitchen, or just as an upload????

I never understand why people post stupid questions on the last page of a forum without reading previous posts first (like post #28 - which, for those who are probably too lazy to look for it will find it shown below) :)

QUESTION - Posted Today, 01:15 PM

gpou, on 12 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Paul...i know that asked a lot of times..but could u give an ETA for kitchen;;

PAULS ANSWER MINUTES LATER WAS....

No, lots to test!

P

Edited by zippyioa

Guest kickasskev

I never understand why people post stupid questions on the last page of a forum without reading previous posts first (like post #28 - which, for those who are probably too lazy to look for it will find it shown below) :)

QUESTION - Posted Today, 01:15 PM

gpou, on 12 July 2011 - 01:11 PM, said:

Paul...i know that asked a lot of times..but could u give an ETA for kitchen;;

PAULS ANSWER MINUTES LATER WAS....

No, lots to test!

P

Cos i couldn't be arsed to read through 5 pages, all you had to say was ''not for a while cos he has lots of tests to do''

instead of being sarcastic [snip]

Guest goatee

Now now, no need for that. This isn't /.

Cos i couldn't be arsed to read through 5 pages, all you had to say was ''not for a while cos he has lots of tests to do''

. . .

Guest zippyioa

Sorry for the sarcasm kickasskev, its been a long day!

I agree its frustrating and tedious reading so many pages, but when I got in from work, I did it, as did many others here.

The biggest contribution to a large number of pages is people not reading the previous posts, leading to them asking the same questions over and over. This in turn leads to a series of posts in response (like mine!) :)

Please take a little time to read what's been asked and answered already.

You appear to be quite new here... so you may not know that Paul puts a lot of effort into his work, and only releases things when they are ready for us to play with in a good state. With a little patience I am sure we will all be rewarded with a top class ROM in the very near future :)

Guest katun79

I agree its frustrating and tedious reading so many pages, but when I got in from work, I did it, as did many others here.

The biggest contribution to a large number of pages is people not reading the previous posts, leading to them asking the same questions over and over. This in turn leads to a series of posts in response (like mine!) :)

You appear to be quite new here... so you may not know that Paul puts a lot of effort into his work, and only releases things when they are ready for us to play with in a good state. With a little patience I am sure we will all be rewarded with a top class ROM in the very near future :)

+1

Lots of wisdom in those words :)

Guest kickasskev

Ok man no problem, eveything is cool B)

Guest Ferrum Master

I am just wondering, when the second core would start to kick in... so far it seems it is the old kernel, and OS again only sees one CPU a cheap trick IMHO. I suppose we need Ice Sandwich for that...

Mind sharing some LG stock apps? I miss the Calendar app much, while goofing around with CM7.

Guest kruppin

Can you compile and run the P990H kernel sources on this ROM then? And is there MKV in gingerbread still? Never know with LG.. :P

Guest o2mike

Froyo uses both cores.

fixed.;)

Great news about the GB beta.

Thanks for looking into it Paul!

So what do you think how much time will LG approximately will need with this update judging from the state of the beta?

Guest c.joenie

In reality, what's the difference?

P

That is the question... Wow, 2.3.4 ... Do you know whether videotalk works on this baby? I have been looking forward on using that! How about A2DP is that part of BT working as well? Quadrant scores? Ext4-compatibility? What baseband and stuff are necessary?

Guest Dac0908

Hi Paul,

I have 2 questions for you:

- Did they solved the pinch to zoom bug in the gallery?

- Did they implement autofocus on video recording? (mmm, maybe I already know the answer: no, they don't...:lol:)

Thanks

All of above, except for video autofocus just because didn't tried so I don't know, is already fixed in latest stock Froyo ROM. This one here: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1153507 . mkv works flawless (tried 720p with ac3 5.1 sound but only on headphones, waiting for micro HDMI cable to arrive) too, in stock player :)

Aaanyway, Ginger is on the way, yaaay :)