[Guide] de-bricking a ZTE Blade

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest Amphoras

hey man ,guess wat, got the phone working...

thank you very much for your suggestions ,and MMHMP is just awsome....

you really helped me out of this..:)

Glad you got it sorted.

Guest Funashi

hi,

bricked my phone with bad flash. tried your listed options nothing until Method 5. Saw some life back into my phone.

Booted into download mode

edited channel1.nvm

restored channel1.nvm

Put clockworkmod in the recovery partition [Clockworkmod Recovery v4.0.0.5]

navigate to 'Mounts and storage' and thats it story ends their. no USB storage seen. just a black grey hut with a circular arrow coming out of it

what am i missing. what is the other option? before i go paranoid that may permanently brick mephone

thanks

Guest smetje_EA

Hello,

I have a big problem. Yesterday I installed a custom rom on my ZTE Blade en everything went fine. I just had a problem with the sensor (screen blocked when I make a call). I found a resolution for this and wanted to install it via clockworkmod. I made a mistake to go into clockworkmod and rebooted my phone with menu, arrow down and power button pushed (combination tu update phone from GEN1 to GEN2). So I got the green text on the screen and I am now in clockworkmod, but I can't do anything. No mather witch option I choose, I always just see the logo of clockworkmod (black hat and orange arrow), but nothing happens.

What can I do? Please help me.

Thank you

Guest smetje_EA

Hello,

I have a big problem. Yesterday I installed a custom rom on my ZTE Blade en everything went fine. I just had a problem with the sensor (screen blocked when I make a call). I found a resolution for this and wanted to install it via clockworkmod. I made a mistake to go into clockworkmod and rebooted my phone with menu, arrow down and power button pushed (combination tu update phone from GEN1 to GEN2). So I got the green text on the screen and I am now in clockworkmod, but I can't do anything. No mather witch option I choose, I always just see the logo of clockworkmod (black hat and orange arrow), but nothing happens.

What can I do? Please help me.

Thank you

OK, I managed to got it working. It was a stupid, little thing. I pushed the menu button to enter the different options and that didn't work. When I pushed the home button it worked and ik could reinstall my custom rom.

Guest jsande

This was a great help! Thank you!

I am in China and have a Gen2 ZTE v880. I couldn't boot into recovery so I tried method 3 with the China Unicom v880 Gen2 TPT download. That was successful!

(Unfortunately it took a lot of effort to get the download itself since the download link site is blocked in China. If the file could be hosted on a site that is available in China that would be more convenient.)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I desperately need your help :-(

I tried to flash the stock ROM of a Base Lutea (which actually is the case for this phone) from here]http://android.modac...tock-roms/]here using ROM Manager, which resulted in the blade only booting to the green droid.

I already tried pressing the up-key while power on and the same with the down-key ...always the same --> the green droid.

What can I do? :-/

P.S.: I attached a screenshot of the Blade Checker before i tried to flash the stock

post-978256-0-43616700-1335384695_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Guest Amphoras

I think the Base Lutea rom is Gen 1. Your phone was still Gen 2. You'll need to use a Gen 2 TPT, or the Windows Flasher to get your phone working again, then use the Windows Flasher to get it back to Gen 1 before you can flash the stock rom.

ouuuhh, yeah

I did the TPT Gen2 to Gen1 and tried the zip again ... and now it worked!!! Sweet as!

Though the official Base Update Flasher (Windows) won't work. It's saying that the wrong Version is in use. As I couldn't find any Lutea 2.2 Stock ROM, do I have any chance of upgrading to Stock 2.2?

Guest Amphoras

If there's not a stock 2.2 Lutea rom then you wouldn't be able to use that, but there are other 2.2 and higher stock roms from other operators if you wanted to use them. I think most of those are Gen 2 though so you would have to convert back again.

Guest shmizan

whoops I f***ed up big!

I booted into CWM and installed a CM9 ROM I had on the SDCard.

rebooted and then I had a small green android and after that the old silver android writing and glowing from side to side.

it's stuck like that, still glowing and all. perhaps the zip was corrupted. anyway I can't boot to recovery because my volume keys are not working.

adb doesn't recognize the device and when it's connected, in devices manager it's under "portable devices" called "WPD FileSystem Volume Driver" which later turns to H:\

how can I start the recovery now without volume keys?

Guest WorldWarrior

hi,

anyway to get the .MBN files of the ZTE crescent/san francisco II for the zte firmware flasher. I bricked my phone and I hope this could help me. It is the last resort i know to recover my phone because fastboot doesn't work either -_-', thanks.

Edited by WorldWarrior

Guest Amphoras

hi,

anyway to get the .MBN files of the ZTE crescent/san francisco II for the zte firmware flasher. I bricked my phone and I hope this could help me. It is the last resort i know to recover my phone because fastboot doesn't work either -_-', thanks.

If you download the files used to unlock your phone, you should be able to use them.

Guest WorldWarrior

let me explain : I bricked my zte crescent device because i installed a software designed for the zte blade device with the tpt method. At the current state, i can only access to my device with the zte osf flasher. So I'm triying to find a firmware like the chinacom in this one (it is from page one) http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m1wd4ktfkbd5amh but designed for my crescent device,and so recover my device by installing clockworkmod on it.

But I've read the page and i wonder if it is not definitely bricked....

Guest Amphoras

let me explain : I bricked my zte crescent device because i installed a software designed for the zte blade device with the tpt method. At the current state, i can only access to my device with the zte osf flasher. So I'm triying to find a firmware like the chinacom in this one (it is from page one) http://www.mediafire...m1wd4ktfkbd5amh but designed for my crescent device,and so recover my device by installing clockworkmod on it.

But I've read the page and i wonder if it is not definitely bricked....

That's what I was saying, the firmware files in the first post are for the ZTE Blade, so you need to download the files from the link I posted before and replace the ones from the first post with those ones for your phone.

Guest squidlr

I've now tried every method from 1- 5 to recover my Orange San Francisco, and nothing has worked - phone currently boots to the green android, then the Orange logo - then boot loops the same cycle over and over again. Red light on the back key turns on for about 10 seconds through the boot process.

Over the past year It's been from Gen 1 to Gen 2, now back to the Gen 1 - TPT Orange 2.1 stock rom.

Any ideas before my Blade hits the trash can? Feels sickening to throw it away!

Much appreciated if anyone can assist.

Edited by squidlr

Guest WorldWarrior

Thak you so much, my san francisco II/crescent is now operationnal i used the same method as yours but with the right sofware. I also ported your tutorial in french i'll give you the link as soon as possible ^^.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest anything-but

Got my Blade restored ok via way 5,but even after double checking the imei was entered correctly is still appears wrong when booting up the phone.

Ideas?

Guest irenepepito

HI GUYS I HAVE ZTE BLADE and I dont know where to ask help. my phone is stuck on airplane mode and my imei is unknown. do you have any advice what should i do. pls help me