20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

gr5ss2.pnggr4ss1.pnggr4ss3.pnggr4ss4.png

EDIT: MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only! Visit this topic for further details!

I'm pleased to present the Gr6 release of my MoDaCo Custom Gingerbread for the LG Optimus 2X! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - see my ClockworkMod Beta post for details.

0725 V20l baseband is recommended, available in this topic.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe IS highly recommended.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen):

• Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Stock Kernel and MoDaCo Custom kernel options (pending new kernel source release)
  • Removed OTA update notificatoin (saving a lot of RAM)
  • Spoofed fingerprint (for maximum items listed in market)
  • All Google components are running the latest release including Google Talk with video / voice chat
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainsDD for SAFE root functionality
  • Multitouch Optimisations
  • SD card speed optimisations
  • Status bar clock size fix
  • CyanogenMod APN list
  • Boot sound removed
  • SQLite performance patch
  • init.d support
  • terminfo support (for nano etc.)
  • Semi transparent notification pulldown
  • Custom boot animation
  • Alternative frameworks to disable toggle buttons / music controls on notification pulldown
  • Stock (AOSP style) lockscreen
  • Stock Google apps including Contacts, Calendar, Desk Clock, Gallery, MMS, Keyboard and much more
  • Amazon Appstore, GetJar and SlideME Markets now in the kitchen (I use SlideME as the only place to buy Quadrant Advanced!)
  • Stock Gingerbread theme
  • Settings-integrated Toggle2G by TheMasterBaron
  • Camera application with no camcorder sound
  • Not odexed
  • On demand odex app
  • Touch Key Lights brightness configuration utility
  • Reboot to recovery utility
  • Many system sounds can be disabled
  • Remove battery full popup
  • Market Access application
  • Button Backlight Alert compatibility
  • Much much much more!
    Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:

• Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card (/sdcard/_ExternalSD) - you must used a physical microSD card!
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card - you MUST use a physical microSD card!
      If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Upgrading

A WIPE IS MANDATORY IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANY ROM EXCEPT A PREVIOUS BUILD OF Gr4 / Gr5! Apologies, but this is unavoidable for this release. I recommend using Titanium Backup to back up your data. Wipe BEFORE installing the ROM.

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebake downloads

The prebake ROMs must be downloaded / flashed in two parts. First flash the core, then immediately afterwards flash the option pack of your choice.

Gr6 prebakes being prepared!

• Gr6 core - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: bdad39ac81860e657e510a90f2a7c670
      • Gr6 option pack 'stock edition' - default kitchen options, stock LG style - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 51d110ae3df1199c6f9c2e69a0a01adc
      • Gr6 option pack 'vanilla edition' - minimal LG options, stock Gingerbread style - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: c823a9fe69e2512b2aac237cfe7c9e24
      • Kitchen download

[*]an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic. If you have a specific bug report, please visit the issue tracker where you can see if your issue has been reported by someone else, is being fixed, or is indeed new!

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Kernel Source

The MCK kernel source can be found in my bitbucket repository.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription. MoDaCo Ad Free with Online Kitchen access is only $9 for a limited time only! Visit this topic for further details!

Enjoy! :D

P

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Changelog

19th Jan - 17:00

• Fixed GPS icon in generic themes.
    19th Jan - 14:20

• Added owain94's init.d tweaks to the kitchen (user request), version 3.5-.13. Tweaks include internetspeedtweaks, misckerneltweaks, batterytweaks, ext4journalismoff, perfectmountoptions, sdspeed, defragdb, f***thelogger, wehatenormalizedsleep, loopysmoothness, ramscript, zipalign and sick. You can view the original topic on XDA Developers for more details.
      19th Jan - 13:45

• Fixed incorrect buttons on 'stock style' themes.
        19th Jan - 13:30

• Added test Button Backlight Alert support to the kitchen
          18th Jan - 10:00

• Resolved issue in the kitchen with 'stock' Contacts / Phone option
            17th Jan - 15:30

• Added CRT screen off effect for all builds
            • Removed auto update client
            • Tweaked Settings app to hide OnScreenPhone options when not installed
            • Updated all themes for this V20o based build
            • Updated CyanogenMod APN list
            • Updated stock lockscreen option
            • Added silent camcorder option
            • Added Toggle2G option
              17th Jan - 13:50

• Updated all outdated third party components.
                17th Jan - 13:35

• Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernels to be compatible with this release, and incremented experimental MCK to r28 (.54 patchset).
                  17th Jan - 12:50

• Initial Gr6 kitchen upload!
                    18 Nov 09:50

• Added internal SD content from V20l (warning - large!)
                    • Updated Google Music to latest release
                    • 16 Nov 12:00

[*]Added MoDaCo Custom Kernel r27 (2.6.32.48!)

16 Nov 10:00

[*]Added Gingerbread Theme with Toggle Buttons and Music Controls (user request)

[*]Updated MoDaCo Custom Kernel to V20L sources

15 Nov 17:00

[*]Added integrated Toggle2G (settings -> mobile network -> toggle2G)

14 Nov 18:40

[*]Added stock Gingerbread theme (2 versions)

[*]Re-added custom kernels (2 versions, further updates coming)

14 Nov 10:00

[*]Fixed signing issue manifesting itself with stock Google contacts app (sorry, this will require a wipe!)

[*]Added CRT effect on screen off

[*]Disabled menu key unlock

11 Nov 21:00

[*]Added BBA support

[*]Added 'GPS fix' (now included in all bakes)

[*]Added option for No Music Controls or Toggle Buttons

[*]Added option for Toggle Buttons Only

[*]Added option for Music Controls Only

[*]Added silent camcorder

11 Nov 12:30

[*]Fixed permissions on Touch Keys kernel file

[*]Removed 'battery full' popup

[*]Removed OnScreenPhone settings from Settings app if not selected in kitchen

[*]Removed OTA update client (memory saving)

[*]Fixed init.d not processing correctly in stock kernel boot.img

[*]Fixed dalvik-cache delete in boot image with third party kernels

[*]Updated Google and third party components to the latest releases

[*]Fixed missing init.d dir (causing non boot with non stock kernel)

[*]Added pull-down transparency

10 Nov 15:45

• Initial Post

To be clear - this does not have the full MCR featureset at this time - I have just concentrated on getting a half decent ROM online ASAP and i'll now add in all the good stuff (including the stock lockscreen!)

P

Guest Robert Sydbrink

Im now a paying member (:

My wife has the LG phone atm and shes at her moms. So I have to wait untill tonight to try it.

Why the sad smily at the bottom in first post? should be a happy one right? =)

Guest Jay_Snake

To be clear - this does not have the full MCR featureset at this time - I have just concentrated on getting a half decent ROM online ASAP and i'll now add in all the good stuff (including the stock lockscreen!)

P

Great job, Paul! I'm gonna hold out till more good stuff. Just one quick question; is BBA support coming for GB or is not possible?

Im now a paying member (:

My wife has the LG phone atm and shes at her moms. So I have to wait untill tonight to try it.

Why the sad smily at the bottom in first post? should be a happy one right? =)

Rogue depressed smiley in there, fixed. :D

Great job, Paul! I'm gonna hold out till more good stuff. Just one quick question; is BBA support coming for GB or is not possible?

BBA support will be coming too. :)

P

Guest heartland

Great!!!:D

My first day on a 3-week vacation and a new ROM to play with.

Thanks Paul!

Btw. Wipe before flashing? (FR19) (since i'm on vacation, not really a problem with full wipe =))

Great!!!:D

My first day on a 3-week vacation and a new ROM to play with.

Thanks Paul!

Btw. Wipe before flashing? (FR19) (since i'm on vacation, not really a problem with full wipe =))

Theoretically might not be required, but probably a good idea? ;)

P

Guest heartland

Theoretically might not be required, but probably a good idea? ;)

P

Will try without wipe first and probably end up wiping in an hour or so. :lol:

Crap. . . adb can't find my phone, and it's an old build of Clockwork that USB mount doesn't work with :(. Ideas anyone?

ADB should find the phone in CWM no?

P

Guest goatee

Nope - just says "error: device not found", but doesn't make any attempt to find it, nor makes sure the daemon is running. And I don't have a micro SD reader at work :(. Still, worse things happen at sea!

ADB should find the phone in CWM no?

P

Paul,

Is there are a reason why some google apps are missing, such as Google Calendar?

Yes, because the kitchen's not finished yet, as discussed above.

P