20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest droweed

@paul: really great work! just cant wait for the prebake release of gr2! :D

- can you look up also on why some tegra games dont work anymore? such as samurai vengeance 2(there are other games not working anymore/but works good on fr19)? seems like an issue of most GB roms... thanks in advance (:

for some reason my titanium Backup cant restore my contacts!! help!

and i keep getting error message

The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The process com.android.setting has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. (started since fr18)

im using baseband 622 gingerbread

and wiped everything

what am i doing wrong??

Edited by netz

Guest AngelOfMors

whats vcard?

vcf file

Contacs - menu - more - import/export - export to SD Card -> 00001.vcf

Edited by AngelOfMors

Guest orlox

Dunno whats wrong but it seems i cant mount the phone to the pc anymore. I press the mount and it thinks a bit and it prompts me to mount again. On the pc when I click on the drives it asks me to format the one and to put a disk to hte other.

Also I got a freeze when i was looking at some settings but it was random.

Edited by orlox

Guest Involver

So the new kernel allows me to go from FR18b2 EXT4 to GR2a without going to EXT3 first? Or do I still need to convert before upgrading? I don't care about erasing the phone completely, just wan't to know if I can go straight to GR2 and simply nandroid before doing so (and revert if needed without to much hassle)... Again great job Paul thanks!

Guest Artemon

Backup (TItanium Backup) SMS/MMS from Fr19 and restore to Gr2 -> crash com.android.phone

Same here! :-(

The cursor moving part of the Gesture UI not working for me! The others are ok!

And after 3 days of using without reboot, wifi turning on error has come :-(

Anyway...I love this rom and not go back to Froyo :-)

Guest goatee

I had that with MIUI, and installed Multi Mount SD Card which costs a grand total of €0.75, though if that's too rich for you, there's also a free version.

Dunno whats wrong but it seems i cant mount the phone to the pc anymore. I press the mount and it thinks a bit and it prompts me to mount again. On the pc when I click on the drives it asks me to format the one and to put a disk to hte other.

Also I got a freeze when i was looking at some settings but it was random.

Guest achim w.

Do 4.0.0.5 support ext4? At least I know the latest version do.

You're right: 4.0.0.5 doesn't seem to support ext4 (eventhough stated otherwise). I now installed 4.0.0.9 and this version is donig alright - at least up to the data folder. The folder system was bakced up alright but when starting to backup data, the message 'not able to mount data' appears.

Is this also related to ext4?

Guest AnonymousPengiun

Did some further testing with regards to the background of the status bar after a call:

-it happens both with the stock dialer and LG's dialer

-the key problem, I think, is the status bar turning green - when it reverts to black it no longer has the gingerbread background, but the one by LG.

Guest abwyatt

Did some further testing with regards to the background of the status bar after a call:

-it happens both with the stock dialer and LG's dialer

-the key problem, I think, is the status bar turning green - when it reverts to black it no longer has the gingerbread background, but the one by LG.

No problem here. I am using the LG dialer.

It sounds like you have selected some incompatible options from the kitchen or you have an app that is causing said conflict.

Guest abwyatt

Google Talk with Video problems find:

1. Reboot

2. Rotate video 90

The rotated video in GTalk is the same bug as the 3G Video Call rotated image. All apps using the front camera will have this bug. I recall it was the very first bug (in the 3G video call) that Paul reported for the leaked gingerbread ROM. Won't be fixed until LG fixes it in their official release or the next leak :P

Guest abwyatt

You're right: 4.0.0.5 doesn't seem to support ext4 (eventhough stated otherwise). I now installed 4.0.0.9 and this version is donig alright - at least up to the data folder. The folder system was bakced up alright but when starting to backup data, the message 'not able to mount data' appears.

Is this also related to ext4?

I have upgraded to 4.0.1.4 r2 and it works well. Have backuped and restored GR2 (EXT4) several times now without a hitch.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

No problem here. I am using the LG dialer.

It sounds like you have selected some incompatible options from the kitchen or you have an app that is causing said conflict.

Can you tell me which options you have? Especially under theme options.

Guest kruppin

for some reason my titanium Backup cant restore my contacts!! help!

and i keep getting error message

The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

The process com.android.setting has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. (started since fr18)

im using baseband 622 gingerbread

and wiped everything

what am i doing wrong??

Why aren't prople saving their contacts to the google account? Then you won't need to think about those things.. Anyway you cant restore the LG Dailer and SMS apps, It breaks the phone service apparently. Just download another sms program (like go sms) and export them, and after new install you just import them again. And same thing with contacts, if you don't want to save to google account, just export to vcards and after new install import again.. I mean, why would you want to restore the old dialer and sms app anyway? They could've fixed things and so on. Maybe it's possible to just restore the data, and not app, but it could also break something.

Hope you understand what I mean. :)

Guest abwyatt

Can you tell me which options you have? Especially under theme options.

Gingerbread Theme without music controls. MCK kernel is installed and no SQLite. I run mostly LG options for most things except for email.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

Gingerbread Theme without music controls. MCK kernel is installed and no SQLite. I run mostly LG options for most things except for email.

I have the same theme options, no SQLite and some LG options, but not Kernel. Are you using the stock LG keyboard option?

Before I reinstall from scratch (due to the EXT4 conversion), can you confirm that your status bar does not have the same gradient as in the attachment after a call? It's really strange because this bug has been reported a few pages back, so I'm not the only having it, and I can't see why a google default option would add the gradient.

post-897948-0-57059900-1312296311_thumb.

Guest abwyatt

I have the same theme options, no SQLite and some LG options, but not Kernel. Are you using the stock LG keyboard option?

Before I reinstall from scratch (due to the EXT4 conversion), can you confirm that your status bar does not have the same gradient as in the attachment after a call? It's really strange because this bug has been reported a few pages back, so I'm not the only having it, and I can't see why a google default option would add the gradient.

post-897948-0-57059900-1312296311_thumb.

Have both LG and Google keyboard installed.

My status bar does not have any gradient, but by the looks of your status bar icons, you do not have the gingerbread theme installed. The gingerbread theme has a vertical battery icon, not the horizontal one that is showing in your theme.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

My status bar does not have any gradient, but by the looks of your status bar icons, you do not have the gingerbread theme installed. The gingerbread theme has a vertical battery icon, not the horizontal one that is showing in your theme.

I grabbed that screenshot from an earlier post, it's not mine. I'll try a clean install with your config and will report back, hopefully the problem goes away.

Guest AnonymousPengiun

I tried a fresh install and I still get the gradient AFTER a call. Are you really absolutely sure you have no gradient AFTER a call, after the status bar turns back to black from green? I'll try it with the default options when I get back from cycling.

Guest kickasskev

And what would that be? Most of the things are already working fine in Gr1/2.. The G2x ROM is old (not even same Android version), and vanilla. Sure, it's LG who built it, but I think it's incompatible anyway, just like CM probably is. And now that we can build own kernel, this ROM will probably be even better very soon. :) And hopefully it won't take that much more longer for LG to release the GB rom, or atleast another beta. :D

Because he said he would