20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest abwyatt

Hi!

I have a problem with gr2 with custom kernel and ext4. When the screen turns off, the alarm is not working, but when i turn it on manually the alarms immidiately working...strange. Does somebody else has this problem?

Yes, very strange. Have never experienced a problem with the alarm on any Modaco ROM including GR2. I use it every weekday morning to wake myself up and it has never failed. Love the stock alarm tunes :)

Guest torbjorne
Does anyone know why my phone can't find my carrier with gr2. Do I need anything special from the kitchen?

Patients did it. Just took 20 minutes to find it.

Guest torbjorne

I do have a wifi problem.

I can se my home wireless network with my ipad, FR19 and CM7 but not when using GR2.

The weird thing is that i can see a lot of wireless networks from my neighbors but not my own with GR2. (and it is up according to the ipad)

Any suggestions? Router/GR2 settings?

I do have a wifi problem.

I can se my home wireless network with my ipad, FR19 and CM7 but not when using GR2.

The weird thing is that i can see a lot of wireless networks from my neighbors but not my own with GR2. (and it is up according to the ipad)

Any suggestions? Router/GR2 settings?

check your routers channel settings, i had problems with channel 13 sometimes, 1, 6 and 11 are a good choice usually.

Guest torbjorne

Thanks ill try that.

Does anyone have problem with bluetooth headsets?

Mine is connected to the phone and get blue when receiving a call but the sound still comes from the phone.

Guest Stevvie

Thanks ill try that.

Does anyone have problem with bluetooth headsets?

Mine is connected to the phone and get blue when receiving a call but the sound still comes from the phone.

I'm using a Jabra BT3010 works fine, or as fine as any headset does on the O2X. It's still missing the voice activated dialling that my wifes £100 ZTE blade has. But hey thats LG for ya.

Make sure it's set to use the phone audio in settings/wireless settings/bluetooth settings/and long hold on your BT device and select options. Just make sure under profiles that phone is ticked, if not then tick it.

Also with GR2 I can NOT download any of the LG Ril version checkers/downloaders from the market.

Looks like if you change your LCD Density in build.Prop these RIL Apps don't download. They run fine on LCD Density 200, just wont download from the market. I'm a heavy'ish user with over 250 apps/games installed and this is the FIRST time I've come across this. Just a heads up.

Edited by Stevvie

every i install this Gr2 my network cant connect to the internet....any solution for this problem???

be patient, i read it can take up to half an hour for the first connection, afterwards it will be normal

Guest jalankakapsatu

Whassup Paul, thanks for the great service. This gingerbread rom is working for me in all areas except for one thing. Mobile data will simply not work!!! It switches to green but the browser or any data service doesn't. I have tried the gingerbread baseband and your new kernel but the issue persists. Got any pointers?

+1 mine too...mobile data doesnt work correctly

Guest abwyatt

Hey guys ... all these recent posts about GR 1 or 2 not booting after flashing, and internet not connecting have been talked about numerous times in this very same thread and elsewhere.

Regular ROM users here would normally tell you to search before posting, but I know it is not always easy to search for these kinds of topics.

I have a tip for you when looking for info in these very long ROM threads without searching. First of all you of course should read everything on the very first post and then, this is important, find the change-log. In this thread, it is the third post.

First of all there is some info there about problems that have been solved. Secondly look at the date of the most recent change-log. Then jump to the pages in this thread that begin with that date and then start reading several pages from there.

You will find that this thread, and in general most active ROM threads, are the most active in the first week after the release of a new version. This thread is quiet now because the last ROM was released on 1 Aug, almost two weeks ago. You will find bug reports and solutions to the major problems in the ROM being posted usually within the first week as regular users test the ROM.

So just to help you, I just did the same. Go back to 1 Aug and here are a few posts that were posted within the first week that discussed the Internet connection issue: See here and workaround here

My two cents worth :P

be patient, i read it can take up to half an hour for the first connection, afterwards it will be normal

Isn't that only when you use the simcard for the first time? Because it has to be activated by the provider!

Guest encryptor20

anyone else having problems with restoring app+system data from fr19? I keep gettiing force closures on the market app and very frequently from android.phone.. That was while I was still on baseband 0405 and god knows what RIL though.. Then before reading further in this forum or xda i tried restoring nandroid img of my fr19 and ended up with screwing my phone over. Spent a good two hours getting it back to stock n then everything else. Now it's on baseband 622 with accompanying RIL on GR1. Am afraid to titanium restore my apps+data now. Pretty beat so would appreciate constructive feedback.

Cheers!

Btw Paul thanks a whole lot for the work you've done. Was loving GR1,however briefly, up to the point it started acting up for me.

Guest Stevvie

anyone else having problems with restoring app+system data from fr19? I keep gettiing force closures on the market app and very frequently from android.phone.. That was while I was still on baseband 0405 and god knows what RIL though.. Then before reading further in this forum or xda i tried restoring nandroid img of my fr19 and ended up with screwing my phone over. Spent a good two hours getting it back to stock n then everything else. Now it's on baseband 622 with accompanying RIL on GR1. Am afraid to titanium restore my apps+data now. Pretty beat so would appreciate constructive feedback.

Cheers!

Btw Paul thanks a whole lot for the work you've done. Was loving GR1,however briefly, up to the point it started acting up for me.

I had the same problem of Force Closures doing a Titanium Backup from FR19 to GR1. I ended up restoring a few apps and data at a time, and NOT restoring the system data. All was fine then.

Guest encryptor20

I had the same problem of Force Closures doing a Titanium Backup from FR19 to GR1. I ended up restoring a few apps and data at a time, and NOT restoring the system data. All was fine then.

This is what I'm afraid of. Though i guess i have no other option but to do it now. System data cannot be recovered then i presume. Backup's looking kinda useless now apart from my own downloaded apps..Would restoring the old launcher and data used in fr19 affect anything?

Guest thedicemaster

i seem to have encountered another problem:

video files on a microSD can't be played.

on hardware decoding it says the file is unsupported, and on software decoding i get no audio.

if i play the exact same video file from internal storage it plays without a problem.

quite annoying, having a 32GB microSD but only 3GB space for video files.

the microSD size isn't the problem, i can't play the files off my 16GB microSD either.

Guest abwyatt

on hardware decoding it says the file is unsupported, and on software decoding i get no audio.

if i play the exact same video file from internal storage it plays without a problem.

the microSD size isn't the problem, i can't play the files off my 16GB microSD either.

No problem here so long as I have a supported video format. Most makes of mobiles will have their limitations as to what formats they can play. For example, my LG O2X will not play the mpg videos from my wife's Nokia N8 camera. But I have over 10 GB of mp4 movies on my 32GB microSD and they all play fine.

So you will have to investigate whether the video format you are trying to play is supported.

This is what I'm afraid of. Though i guess i have no other option but to do it now. System data cannot be recovered then i presume. Backup's looking kinda useless now apart from my own downloaded apps..Would restoring the old launcher and data used in fr19 affect anything?

Hello i can confirm, that you can't restore the full system data with titanium. But you can restore some of the settings including these for the LG Launcher and WIFI Access Points. What is defenitly working, are the settings for the dialer and APN's. These seem to subject of change between Froyo and Gingerbread. Kind of little trial and error.

Bye

You can restore everything with Ti from Froyo to GB (probably vice versa but I haven't tried), but you'll need the Pro version with the migrate option checked. :)

Guest encryptor20

Hello i can confirm, that you can't restore the full system data with titanium. But you can restore some of the settings including these for the LG Launcher and WIFI Access Points. What is defenitly working, are the settings for the dialer and APN's. These seem to subject of change between Froyo and Gingerbread. Kind of little trial and error.

Bye

You can restore everything with Ti from Froyo to GB (probably vice versa but I haven't tried), but you'll need the Pro version with the migrate option checked. :)

Thx guys. Had a little hiccup with getting Ti Pro but will do. Anyways any of you guys experiencing loss of touch sensitivity along the left edge of the screen? Much like those encountered in CM as well. And LG gestures don't seem to be working too.

Cheers!

No problems so far with the touchscreen, except it seems way too sensitive toward scrolling -- in the call log it would often register a tap as a swipe. LG gestures aren't working for me either.

Guest b3ndech0

can somebody give me an overall summary from this rom? how is the batterielife, speed etc? How does it feel compared to cm7?

im sry to ask such a question, but its to much to read 30 pages...

thx in advance

Guest Stevvie

Me too Not 1 problem playing SUPPORTED files either in Hardware or Software from my 16GB card.