20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

I had this problem with the Topogigi ROM and I can't stand the LG Keyboard either. I ended up removing the Gingerbread keyboard in Titanium Backup and then installing the one from the market (https://market.andro...thod.latin.free). It's an imperfect solution, but it worked. For a temporary fix, I found that switching to the LG Keyboard and then back to Gingerbread ended the FCs, but only until reboot. Hope this helps.

It is a problem for me. after changing the keyboard and getting FC loop on the keyboard It happens all over again even when I reboot.

Paul any ideas ?

Also noticed today when i use the camera the screen brightness goes down.

Fixed it by:

1) disabling the Auto brightness setiing and setting brightness to max.

2) opening the camera app

3) setting brightness to Auto again

Any ideas for the keyboard anyone ?

Thank you upfront and hope the cam fix helps some of you.

Guest Riemen

I've analysed the posted GPS patch, and it seems to force assisted GPS at all times with a very small code change. I will be adding my own version of it to the kitchen for testing.

P

The strange ting is, that GPS works great fo me when I'm on mobile network. I get a fix in 10-15 seconds, even If i deleted aiding data.

When connected to a wireless lan, I only get a fix, if the aiding data was downloaded over mobile networks before, although the SLP-server is set to Google. When deleting aiding data in hidden menu, I don't get a fix, even after waiting 10 minutes.

I would assume, that I get aiding data from my mobile provider (T-Mobile Germany) when connected to there network. I also wonder, why the device doesn't connect to the Google-SLP-server when on wireless lan? Maybe the people here telling about not working GPS only tried to get a fix when connected to a wireless lan, or are in an mobile network not providing any aiding data.

What changes are exactly in your new services.jar?

Guest Ferrum Master

The strange ting is, that GPS works great fo me when I'm on mobile network. I get a fix in 10-15 seconds, even If i deleted aiding data.

When connected to a wireless lan, I only get a fix, if the aiding data was downloaded over mobile networks before, although the SLP-server is set to Google. When deleting aiding data in hidden menu, I don't get a fix, even after waiting 10 minutes.

I would assume, that I get aiding data from my mobile provider (T-Mobile Germany) when connected to there network. I also wonder, why the device doesn't connect to the Google-SLP-server when on wireless lan? Maybe the people here telling about not working GPS only tried to get a fix when connected to a wireless lan, or are in an mobile network not providing any aiding data.

What changes are exactly in your new services.jar?

Yep, same here... No need for fix at all...

Guest Kostja_V

Maybe the people here telling about not working GPS only tried to get a fix when connected to a wireless lan, or are in an mobile network not providing any aiding data.

People are not so silly here :P Without this fix, for some of us, GPS module doesn't even start after reboot. "Not working GPS" doesn't meant that we can't get fix or something, it meant that GPS module completely doesn't show any sign of life, with or without 3G.

Edited by Kostja_V

Guest Ferrum Master

People are not so silly here :P Without this fix, for some of us, GPS module doesn't even start after reboot. "Not working GPS" doesn't meant that we can't get fix or something, it meant that GPS module completely doesn't show any sign of life, with or without 3G.

Yeah, but doesn't explain how on the same hardware we get different results...

Did you try the old fix in secret menu? By toggling gps settings? Early Topogiggi Roms had some sort of thing with that... I too...

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest Riemen

OK. This is strange. But because I never before got such a fast fix before, I would suggest to keep the fix as an option.

I still find it a bit strange, that aiding data doesn't work when connected to a wireless lan, but it's not very disturbing. When connected to a wireless lan, I usually don't need GPS.

Guest Kostja_V

Yeah, but doesn't explain how on the same hardware we get different results...

Did you try the old fix in secret menu? By toggling gps settings? Early Topogiggi Roms had some sort of thing with that... I too...

The fix in hidden menu worked too, but till first reboot. The second way to fix this was to reboot phone with enabled GPS, and after boot everything was OK, but if you will reboot phone with disabled GPS, the only way to start it next time will be hidden menu.

But still I think that it is better to have always working fix.

I still find it a bit strange, that aiding data doesn't work when connected to a wireless lan, but it's not very disturbing. When connected to a wireless lan, I usually don't need GPS.

Strange... I can get Aiding Data via WiFi, here in Latvia.

Guest Ferrum Master

The fix in hidden menu worked too, but till first reboot. The second way to fix this was to reboot phone with enabled GPS, and after boot everything was OK, but if you will reboot phone with disabled GPS, the only way to start it next time will be hidden menu.

But still I think that it is better to have always working fix.

Strange... I can get Aiding Data via WiFi, here in Latvia.

Damn you're Latvian too... :blink:.Yes I've also tested with and without wlan... I've used GPS test apk from market - I've got gps lock in ~20sec.

Yeah that was the catch... the fix in secret menu stopped to work after each reboot.

The only thing why I am concerned, that this fix will not brake something or cause battery drain.

Guest Nic0co

The Gingerbread with toggle button work, but, lossing Gingerbread style in Menu like parameters (checkbox have LG looks)

20111003164749.png

Is normal?

The Gingerbread with toggle button style only the Notification Bar?

Guest Kostja_V

The only thing why I am concerned, that this fix will not brake something or cause battery drain.

I don't thing that it is possible. Paul's fix is a lot smarter than mine was. As I alredy said, just one short line of code, it can't affect something like system stability ar battery drain.

By the way, I'm from Riga too. Do you speak Latvian or Russian?

Edited by Kostja_V

Guest david janssens

any idee wen the prebake version will be relaised? i'm not good in back my own rom , If i back on , I have no mobile connection in my phone

can't find connection to my provider

Guest brunoli

Any progress with signal lost on standbye?

This for me is the bigest issue..

Also for me ! I'm very surprised nobody else talk about that !! :blink:

Guest mattfigaro

Anyone notice the screen isnt as responsive on the right edge now.

I thought I was imagining it, so flashed back to fr19 and the issue was gone.

I am using the ext 4 mck r22 kernel

Guest brunoli

Anyone notice the screen isnt as responsive on the right edge now.

I thought I was imagining it, so flashed back to fr19 and the issue was gone.

I am using the ext 4 mck r22 kernel

I confirm ! but not all the time..

Guest marco_td

Tested yesterday, and I noticed two things:

1. The google weather widget doesn't pick my location. I verified and the option to use wireless networks to find my location was selected.

2. My Gameloft games disapeared from market. I recently bought 3 games that were on sale, and none of them show in Market, even in my apps.

I did not wipe, and didn't update my baseband, but I already saw some people complaining about NOVA2, which is from gameloft.

I didn't use the Nexus S option when cooking my rom. For now, I reverted back to FR19, at least until market recognizes the Optimus 2X with Gingerbread correctly, without faking my device as Nexus S.

Guest kruppin

Any progress with signal lost on standbye?

This for me is the bigest insue..have to revert to FR19

Asked about this some days ago.. So this is still present in v20i? On v20e the signal drops, but the icons still show signal (they're locked). Have to go to airplane and back for it to work again.

This is whats most important to fix, everything else is second place. Well, will try anyway. Maybe the old 622GB BB and RIL is better?

Asked about this some days ago.. So this is still present in v20i? On v20e the signal drops, but the icons still show signal (they're locked). Have to go to airplane and back for it to work again.

This is whats most important to fix, everything else is second place. Well, will try anyway. Maybe the old 622GB BB and RIL is better?

Baseband 622 solves your issue as well as the WIFI signal drop issue (I had wifi signal drops if the phone was wresting or if i made a call).

At least it did for me.

622 fixed the problem for me. No drop out or anything else. But not so good audio quality though.

Testing now...lets see...

<EDIT>

Yep it is not that grate

<EDIT>

Edited by aaww