20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sheppie

Hello,

For some reason I can't flash any roms correctly anymore. I'm currently running CM7 #156 but if I flash the GR3 core and vanilla option my phone keeps gettin stuck at a bootloop when i restart my phone. The LG logo comes up and then a black screen.

This happens to me with the GR3 and Topogigi rom so i think it's not the fault of the roms. I used CWM 5.0.0.8 and 5.0.2.0.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Guest cosmicvibes

I wouldn't expect any new features for V20J over V20i... still a .32 kernel, just a few bug fixes as they get towards release.

Been finishing up my Archos review (here!), now I can get back onto ROM stuff. ;)

P

Ok thanks Paul, I'm excited nonetheless for this release - thanks for all your hard work. And nice review too!

Guest kickasskev

I wouldn't expect any new features for V20J over V20i... still a .32 kernel, just a few bug fixes as they get towards release.

Been finishing up my Archos review (here!), now I can get back onto ROM stuff. ;)

P

Will you be uploading v20j today?

Guest racesurg

Hello,

For some reason I can't flash any roms correctly anymore. I'm currently running CM7 #156 but if I flash the GR3 core and vanilla option my phone keeps gettin stuck at a bootloop when i restart my phone. The LG logo comes up and then a black screen.

This happens to me with the GR3 and Topogigi rom so i think it's not the fault of the roms. I used CWM 5.0.0.8 and 5.0.2.0.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Happened to me too. Was corrected when I converted back to ext3 from ext4 (r1-backtoext3-2x-unsigned). I don't know if that will help.

Guest Sheppie

Happened to me too. Was corrected when I converted back to ext3 from ext4 (r1-backtoext3-2x-unsigned). I don't know if that will help.

Yeah I tried that to. Just finished flashing O2X flair which is based on V20c and that one worked. Is it possible that my phone will not accept 20e or higher for some reason? *looks @ Paul for help :(*

Guest Ferrum Master

Yeah I tried that to. Just finished flashing O2X flair which is based on V20c and that one worked. Is it possible that my phone will not accept 20e or higher for some reason? *looks @ Paul for help :(*

You can start  from scratch using nvflash... use Rusty's latest recovery with appropriate bat file... and flash a new rom :)

Edited by Ferrum Master

Guest Sheppie

You can start from scratch using nvflash... use Rusty's latest recovery with appropriate bat file... and flash a new rom :)

I was just doing that ;), hopefully i will be able to use this rom.

I'm going to be starting a new topic today for Gr4 (V20j).

Here's how it's going to work - as always i'll be doing the development in a kitchen, starting with a very basic build then adding in the bits and pieces. What's different though is that at ~9am each weekday, assuming changes have been made the day before, i'll be refreshing the prebakes. So there will always be a relatively up to date prebake up to the point it is 'ready for release' and merged into the main Gr topic.

Sound like a plan?

P

Here's how it's going to work - as always i'll be doing the development in a kitchen, starting with a very basic build then adding in the bits and pieces. What's different though is that at ~9am each weekday, assuming changes have been made the day before, i'll be refreshing the prebakes. So there will always be a relatively up to date prebake up to the point it is 'ready for release' and merged into the main Gr topic.

Sound like a plan?

P

You will make some friends with this. Thank you Paul. MoDaCo nightlies! :D

Edited by wapz

I'm sure that one of those moaning pal will certainly find a way to complain about such a great plan !! So, please, don't do it Paul !!' ;-))

Sound like a plan?

P

Sure does (sound good)! Paul-man you're holding this small community together... looking forward to the updates ;)

I'm regularly to the UK, one o fthese days we should get together with the UK users and other pillars of the cummunity and have a decent drink...

Sound like a plan?

P

Sound like a plan?

Do we actually know what the difference are i vs j ?

Is it just bug fix release candidate?

And what's the comparison with the released (and A2DP fixed) CM7.1 ?

Guest Artemon

After 2 days of using GR3 without rebooting, the Wi-FI turning on issue has come :-(

I'm using Gr3 with Neoblaze Kernel.

Is this issue Kernel related? Or rom related? (on CM there's no problem)

:-(

Guest Willimaese

Thank you Paul!

I've been using your gingerbread rom since you released it, with the 725 baseband, neoblaze kernel ext4 and no bugs for the time being!! All runing smooth

After 2 days of using GR3 without rebooting, the Wi-FI turning on issue has come :-(

I'm using Gr3 with Neoblaze Kernel.

Is this issue Kernel related? Or rom related? (on CM there's no problem)

:-(

Read the thread! it is Kernel.

Thank you Paul!

I've been using your gingerbread rom since you released it, with the 725 baseband, neoblaze kernel ext4 and no bugs for the time being!! All runing smooth

It was the same for me and i have been using it for almost a week now!

And then today...

This morning the Alarm didn't go off until I unlocked the screen.

Also had one battery pull and for some reason the touch screen Is acting up from time to time (hope it is not static Electricity issue).

I did a cache wipe and dalvick. so far so good.

The only thing that I find to be unexpectedly annoying is the Long as hell boot time(3-4 min), Total rubbish but I don't reboot that often :)

Thank you everyone for helping with this ROM and of course Paul, you are legendary !

Guest jordi08028

Read the thread! it is Kernel.

i'm having same wifi trouble, with gr3 + neoblaze.

is there any kernel that does not suffer from this bug? one that works with gr3 i mean.

thanks

Sound like a plan?

P

Brilliant news... mightily impressed by your multi-tasking, as your probably the most active person on my tweetdeck screen.

p.s. have you used the Amaze yet? i've started thinking about my upgrade next year already lol