20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Froderikus

Put on Extreme pre-bake after doing backtoext3. Everything seems fine but home button isn't working..... Anyone else get this?

+1 Always get a FC at the end of wizard, after reboot no connectivity and Home button problem.

Anyone an idea?

Frank

+1 Always get a FC at the end of wizard, after reboot no connectivity and Home button problem.

Anyone an idea?

Frank

This will be something left out of the bake that the Setup wizard is calling...

P

OK, flashed this and it all works fine, which suggests there's a file system problem on your device or some sort of recovery issue?

You could try using 'backtoext3' then try again?

P

fine ;) work now ;)

Cyanogen convert ext3 to ext4 ? excuse me for the lost time Paul :(

Guest racesurg

Anyone an idea?

Frank

I got FC twice, but at both times my Home button was still working. Home Button is presently working, despite FC at end of Setup Wizard.

Guest Madsen Felipe

Just installed GetRIL and it says the 0725 RIL is already installed.

P

How about baseband? I can see on screenshots that you use 0622. Did you recommend that or its better .25?

That sounds really bizarre.

The microSD is behaving as expected here I think..? So if you reboot using my app to recovery it can't mount the SD card? That is definitely weird, if you do 'adb shell mount /sdcard' what error comes up?

P

Actually, that problem has existed since the beginning... for some. We can't establish the pattern (cards/sizes/brands etc). But for some people *any* soft boot results in a failed SD card mount... power down/power up works fine.

I think I reported it in the app thread some months ago... a recent discovery by some at XDA indicates a totally different mount procedure between hard and soft boot.

Seems irresolvable so no soft booting for me... :(

But it's not GRx or FRx specific, happens on CM too.

For those with bootloop problem, if you come from topogigi Roms, I think the problem is that the cache partition is also on EXT4...

So try this tool to revert to EXT3 also for the cache partition.

Be aware that all your partitions (/system /data and /cache) will be erased, so, don't forget to make a backup...

PS : Use with CWM...

Edited by ALF@be

Actually, that problem has existed since the beginning... for some. We can't establish the pattern (cards/sizes/brands etc). But for some people *any* soft boot results in a failed SD card mount... power down/power up works fine.

I think I reported it in the app thread some months ago... a recent discovery by some at XDA indicates a totally different mount procedure between hard and soft boot.

Seems irresolvable so no soft booting for me... :(

But it's not GRx or FRx specific, happens on CM too.

Wow, how bizarre. Does this mean then that the best place for CWM is actually on the internal SD card?

EDIT

Oh, yeah -it happens with MIUI, too, as you would expect from behaviour on CM...

Edited by @dap

Guest Brembo109

fine ;) work now ;)

Cyanogen convert ext3 to ext4 ? excuse me for the lost time Paul :(

Yes the newer nigtlys since 155 and the stable version are ext4, so everybody coming from cm7 and not using mck24 (ext4) flash back-to-ext3 BEFORE flashing Gr4 ;-)

Gr4 with stock kernel is working great for me. GPS isn't nearly as good as it was on Fr19, but everything else is better. Has anyone tried with different BB's or RILs to see if one works better than the others? I'm on the v20c 725 baseband with the v20j RIL, and GPS Status shows my signal strengths are much lower than they used to be with Fr19 and the Froyo 725 baseband.

What's the plan for Gr5? Are you taking suggestions now, or waiting for some new Ice Cream flavoured versions of the google apps to come along? I'm guessing there will be new stock Google apps from ICS available long before the official LG Gingerbread appears!

If you're taking suggestions, boombuler's AppWidgetPicker would be a nice option for the kitchen. That's one of the neat tricks CM7 can do which is missing from the stock ROM.

Guest Madsen Felipe

Issue report: after install whatsapp i got forceclose when i try to open lg contacts. When i uninstall whatsapp contacts open normally.

Edited by Madsen Felipe

Guest jimborae

Gr4 with stock kernel is working great for me. GPS isn't nearly as good as it was on Fr19, but everything else is better. Has anyone tried with different BB's or RILs to see if one works better than the others? I'm on the v20c 725 baseband with the v20j RIL, and GPS Status shows my signal strengths are much lower than they used to be with Fr19 and the Froyo 725 baseband.

What's the plan for Gr5? Are you taking suggestions now, or waiting for some new Ice Cream flavoured versions of the google apps to come along? I'm guessing there will be new stock Google apps from ICS available long before the official LG Gingerbread appears!

If you're taking suggestions, boombuler's AppWidgetPicker would be a nice option for the kitchen. That's one of the neat tricks CM7 can do which is missing from the stock ROM.

Using AppWidgetPicker with this rom and can confirm it works a treat. Also using the 823 baseband with the V20j ril and all seems good as well

Guest d-droid

Was there any fix for the problem with the home button that stops working if you don't finish the setup guide? Is it possible to run the setup wizard again somehow?

Guest c.joenie

I have mobile data isses. The connection drop a hundred times and the navigation speed is too slow. Baseband 0822

I understood that 822 is Froyo optimized and 622 & 725 have a gingerbread flavor you have to use :)? Not sure though...

Guest Madsen Felipe

I understood that 822 is Froyo optimized and 622 & 725 have a gingerbread flavor you have to use :)? Not sure though...

I'm sorry, im using 725 baseband (for gingerbread).

Guest el_Charlie

I don't know if Paul of anyone can help me,

I flashed the yesterday's prebake (only 1 file) and it works great but now there's 3 prebake versions. So my questions are the following:

1. What's different from yesterday's and today's STOCK??? I really mean stock (which should be similar to yesterday's prebake)

2. If they're different (improvements), can I flash the 2 part stock on top of my current ROM without wipe???

That's all. I hope you can answer me.

I wish I had the 9 dollars to get the AdFree membership but in Venezuela we have currency exchange control (or whatever it's called) and we only have 400$ per year we can spend on internet shopping, which I did few moths ago. Blame my president.

Cheers!