20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guys how do I set my Display font to ROBOTO ?

I baked a ROM with it and can seem to find it in the FONTS app.

Thank you for your help and thank you Dear Paul for your hard work!

it's the default font you will see after flashing

Edited by ilos

Guest pawilson78

What's a RIL btw anyone and am I correct in that I need just gr4 and the BB fls via smartflash?

Radio Interface Layer, basically interfaces with the devices radio\modem.

Guest IzzyStradlin

Hi,

for the last hour I have been trying to get the GR4 prebake + extreme pack to work.

Only thing my 2X kept doing was LG-logo-bootloops…

“Original” rom would correspond to BIN_LGP990AT-01-V10b-232-10-MAR-25-2011+0 which is carrier branded H3G Austria firmware.

Root and CWM v5.0.2.0 (vie Rom Manager) are present.

:

:

:

Any tips or help what I could do would be very much appreciated. :(

Have you tried doing the "back to ext3" first before installing the core and extreme zips?

Guest Ximo F. Verde

Great rom, fastest and smoothest gb ive used on the o2x. 622BB seems to work fine, no lags or anything, checkin on battery. just one thing.. has anybody noticed that his phone wont even do 480p flash video on youtube? I think something is messed up with flash 11 anyway..

Guest AngelOfMors

in build.prop

need replace: ro.product.manufacturer=LGE

to: ro.product.manufacturer=lge

and add

debug.sf.hw=1

persist.adb.notify=0

user.feature.ntp=true

Edited by AngelOfMors

Guest zippyioa

Does someone know if there may be a incorrect file system error which prevents the rom from booting or did I make a mistake / forget something?

Any tips or help what I could do would be very much appreciated

It sounds like you are either trying to install an ext3 version of GR4 over a previous ext4 ROM, or an ext4 version of GR4 over a previous ext3 ROM.

What ROM are you flashing over, and what ext option did you select in the kitchen when you baked?

What's a RIL btw anyone and am I correct in that I need just gr4 and the BB fls via smartflash?

Install "getril" from the Android market. This will help you get the right RIL and baseband :)

Edited by zippyioa

Guest AngelOfMors

DM_RsupInput.apk

DM_RsupSrn.apk

DM_RsupUInput.apk

GoogleFeedback.apk

GooglePartnerSetup.apk

need delete... rolleyes.gif

Edited by AngelOfMors

Guest whitemusketeer

Have you tried doing the "back to ext3" first before installing the core and extreme zips?

No I have not. Since I am/was on "stock" ROM, I assumed it is EXT3 and that I only need the "back to EXT3" when coming from CM7 or something.

If someone could enlighten me if I need the "back to EXT3" for GR4 prebake when coming from stock, I would very much appreciate it :)

It sounds like you are either trying to install an ext3 version of GR4 over a previous ext4 ROM, or an ext4 version of GR4 over a previous ext3 ROM.

What ROM are you flashing over, and what ext option did you select in the kitchen when you baked?

I used the prebake files, not the rom kitchen. GR4 core zip file and extreme pack zip file.

As I mentionend above about the filesystem, I do not know if I have to apply the "back to EXT3" or if that even is the problem at all :(

Hi Paul,

Thank you sooooo much for another big big achievement. Everything is running smooth.

One question : as I try to install tegra games, it says that my "device is not compatible". Is there anything I failed in configuring my phone in order to be able to install these games ?

Many thanks again (and again, and again, and again...)

Okdac

Guest tmdolphin

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for your great work. I tried to install the GR4 prebaked yesterday. I come from the stock LG Rom, as i had no time till now to play aroung with it.. :)

I went into big problems, so i had to restore the stock rom. Maybe you have an idea...

After updating (using the 725 GB Baseband) the phone starts and the lg-wizard starts where i can change language and so on...

Then a lot of messages occur, that packages have to be closed due to problems. And the phone is not usable.

Also tried the back-to-ext3 also it should be ext3 already....

any ideas, someone?

thanks a lot

TMD

Hi,

for the last hour I have been trying to get the GR4 prebake + extreme pack to work.

Only thing my 2X kept doing was LG-logo-bootloops…

Any tips or help what I could do would be very much appreciated. :(

For those with bootloop problem, if you come from topogigi Roms, I think the problem is that the cache partition is also on EXT4...

So try this tool to revert to EXT3 also for the cache partition.

Be aware that all your partitions (/system /data and /cache) will be erased, so, don't forget to make a backup...

PS : Use with CWM...

Guest Brembo109

After 2 days of usage my network connection went to perfection, i think it was not a problem at rom side but at provider side. Thanks Paul for your great work, and thanks to your community for fast feedback and support :-P

Guest achim w.

Hi Paul,

let me get in queue with all your fans and let me say thank you for your work and for the fun it brings when taking my phone into my hands and playing around with it.

Just two things I experienced so far make take overall impression one step away from being perfect.

1. I'm using SPB Shell 3D as my default launcher and everytime I boot up the phone it will start with a message that the Shell couldn't be started alright and had to be finished. When I then restart the shell again it works without any problem (apart from taking a loooooooong time to start).
  2. My battery drain is amazingly huge - right now I got about half a day without having to recharge. Before the battery lasted for one day (i.e. 12 hours) at least.

And here's my configuration:

ROM: GR4 R24 Ext4 kitchen baked, with almost all options selected .

Baseband: 1035.21_20110725

RIL: 0725 (V20j, Europe)

Is there anything I could do inside the entrails of my phone to fix those 2 issues?

Thanks

Hi Paul,

how can i compare the settings of the prebake with my custom bake ? At the end of the installtion process i get a FC in com.android.settings making me think that i missed a required option in the kitchen....

BTW: what is the name of the roboto font in the font list ? No roboto font is listed there, only DroidSans, Jungle, Liebe.... Display.

TIA.

Hi Paul,

how can i compare the settings of the prebake with my custom bake ? At the end of the installtion process i get a FC in com.android.settings making me think that i missed a required option in the kitchen....

BTW: what is the name of the roboto font in the font list ? No roboto font is listed there, only DroidSans, Jungle, Liebe.... Display.

TIA.

FC wizard setting it's coz you don't included SNS :)

Roboto IS the default font ( like indicated in the kitchen )

Hi Paul,

Thank you sooooo much for another big big achievement. Everything is running smooth.

One question : as I try to install tegra games, it says that my "device is not compatible". Is there anything I failed in configuring my phone in order to be able to install these games ?

Many thanks again (and again, and again, and again...)

Okdac

That's very strange, I have an idea what could be causing it though, i'll try and replicate that myself. Any game in particular you are trying to use?

P

Hi Paul,

let me get in queue with all your fans and let me say thank you for your work and for the fun it brings when taking my phone into my hands and playing around with it.

Just two things I experienced so far make take overall impression one step away from being perfect.

1. I'm using SPB Shell 3D as my default launcher and everytime I boot up the phone it will start with a message that the Shell couldn't be started alright and had to be finished. When I then restart the shell again it works without any problem (apart from taking a loooooooong time to start).
  2. My battery drain is amazingly huge - right now I got about half a day without having to recharge. Before the battery lasted for one day (i.e. 12 hours) at least.

And here's my configuration:

ROM: GR4 R24 Ext4 kitchen baked, with almost all options selected .

Baseband: 1035.21_20110725

RIL: 0725 (V20j, Europe)

Is there anything I could do inside the entrails of my phone to fix those 2 issues?

Thanks

The SPB Shell problem has definitely been an issue for a while on the 2X, I didn't ever find why it does that!

re: battery drain, try installing BetterBatteryStats or checking the Battery menu in About for clues?

P

Hi Paul,

TIA.

Roboto is the default font if you've selected it in the kitchen (aka DroidSans).

P

in build.prop

need replace: ro.product.manufacturer=LGE

to: ro.product.manufacturer=lge

and add

Ah yes, will change that for the next refresh.

DM_RsupInput.apk

DM_RsupSrn.apk

DM_RsupUInput.apk

GoogleFeedback.apk

GooglePartnerSetup.apk

need delete... rolleyes.gif

The DM_ items are in the 'PC Sync / MITS' option, i've moved them into the 'Remove Call / Rsupport' option now.

P

Yep, Sprinkle, Pinball HD for tegra, Galaxy no Fire 2, for instance...

I baked an ext4, r24 rom.

Many thanks in advance for your help Paul.

Okdac

That's very strange, I have an idea what could be causing it though, i'll try and replicate that myself. Any game in particular you are trying to use?

P

Guest chong01

Yep, Sprinkle, Pinball HD for tegra, Galaxy no Fire 2, for instance...

I baked an ext4, r24 rom.

Many thanks in advance for your help Paul.

Okdac

No problems here with the 3 games above. Using stock kernel.

Guest achim w.

The SPB Shell problem has definitely been an issue for a while on the 2X, I didn't ever find why it does that!

re: battery drain, try installing BetterBatteryStats or checking the Battery menu in About for clues?

P

Well - it's true that I had the issue with SPB Shell in FR19 as well. But in between I tested several other ROMS (CM7, MIUI and Topogigi) and with these this problem didn't exist.

Even in stock ROM (version I don't know - I started using other ROMS about half a year ago) I didn't have this problem.

Could it have something to do with not being able to address enough RAM? Because when I tried GR4 in its earlier versions I also had the problem with SPB having to reloaded every once in a while, when coming back from another application. At this time I figured that the usage of RAM by GR4 could be the problem and the Taskmanager had to close the Shell in order to be able to run other apps. But this problem doesn't exist anymore in the current version of GR4 I use.

Thank you for your help