20 Jan Gr6 (V20o): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (stock+vanilla)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Madsen Felipe

AFAIK Netflix is available in Brasil so You just need to make the app work.

Masquerading the phone as a Nexus S should be enough (from kitchen) or editing build.prop:

ro.product.model=Nexus S

ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

If that is not enough, change the device fingerprint, use this for source http://new.glbenchma...estgroup=system

then:

Settings -> Manage Applications -> All -> "Market"-------Clear Cache, then Force Stop -- DO NOT clear data

Settings -> Manage Applications -> All -> "Google Services Framework" ------Clear data, then Force Stop

Hope it helps

P.S. masquerading makes Voodoo sound to fail recognizing the Voodoo enabled kernel

Thanks for the aswer but i already tried that without success.

Guest stuartrace

I don't know if it's ROM related or app related but in my logs I'm getting this error appear a lot from the 'AudioCache' tag:

"Heap size overflow! req size: 1056768, max size 1048576"

Guest Peterfdevries

How do you mean? 2.6.32.48 is newer than 2.6.32.9.

P

My bad, looking at the versionnumbers again made me feel silly. I interpretered the number on a wrong way.

Guest rasta666

Great work Paul !

Im getting 3821 on quadrant with 1408Mhz oc.Is that good enough or can i get any higher results?

That is good enough. but try Antutu benchmark for more relevant results.

GR5 + HP RC8-revised

Overclock 1408 Mhz:

Antutu score:6929

Quadrant score: 4050

Achieved this some time ago but on 1.5, and a lesser real life performance

GR4 + HP RC5

Overclock 1.5 Ghz:

Antutu score:7094

Quadrant score:4130

Guest dbbloke

Hi Paul,

I think finally this is it :D. Nice features, stable, everything works, decent speed (not sure about ex4), memory good etc... thank you so much. If only I could persuade google music to install ;) hopefully TIA.

Really, after all the false GB starts and kitchens, I'm sure like many other people are thinking, thank you soooo much for this, you are a legend.

Guest freierfunden

hey forum!

i have a question about ext3 and ext4!

i tried Gr4 with EXT4 and had always freezes in browser and other apps, sometimes even the phone shut down by itself

so my question is: what are the advantages (and differences between EXT4 and EXT3) of EXT4 and what could be the cause of the freezes?

could anyone help me??

greets, tom

Guest dbbloke

hey forum!

i have a question about ext3 and ext4!

i tried Gr4 with EXT4 and had always freezes in browser and other apps, sometimes even the phone shut down by itself

so my question is: what are the advantages (and differences between EXT4 and EXT3) of EXT4 and what could be the cause of the freezes?

could anyone help me??

greets, tom

IMHO, im not sure ext4 is the quickest, getting average to good quadrants using the gr5 ext4 kernel with no freezes and i thought just give r27 a try (gr4 prob caused freezes for me somehow?). ext3 / 2 seem consistently quicker from the many roms i've tried although, ext4 just seems to have its good n bad days is all.

Guest eelco_akker

Update - preparing for general release also!

P

Changelog

18 Nov 09:50

• Added internal SD content from V20l (warning - large!)
  • Updated Google Music to latest release

Hey Paul,

With the experimental kernel I have some FC with the LG Mail App (Exchange mail2web.com) (Reflashed it twice), when I'm opening/reading mail my device hangs multiple times, and eventually resulting in FC. The 'regular' custom kernel does not give any problems. Any idea?

Great job by the way :-)

Guest ODIN679

Hey

Anyone having issues with the SD card? Sometimes when rebooting the applications that are on the sd card are gone, but if i go into settings the sd card is mounted and i can access it, this does not happen on stock 20l or any other roms.

Also with pauls kernel I cannot play trial extreme.

Thanks

Guest Peterfdevries

The starttopic says the pre-bakes are with the GR 4-kernel. So that means that the latest adjustments (since the kernelsource got out) haven't been implemented?!

Also in the starttopic it says first that a wipe isn't needed coming from earlier GR4's and GR5's. But later on it says that it's mandatory? Is it needed, or isn't it?

Thank you for replying

Edited by Peterfdevries

Guest René Klunder

Gr5 prebakes are named Gr4 in the Gr5 kitchen thread, that's all, thanks! (although I don't believe the option-packs need more than an hour to be uploaded, haha!)

Edited by René Klunder

Guest mparack

Update - preparing for general release also!

P

Changelog

18 Nov 09:50

• Added internal SD content from V20l (warning - large!)
  • Updated Google Music to latest release

Can't see this in the Kitchen Paul. Could you please clarify? Baked ROM is usual size (~205MB)

Just back on GR5 biggrin.gifafter trying CyanogenMod CM7 and stock V20L

And I seem to have the same problem sad.gif as I had with GR4, hence trying CM7

I use the stock (not LG) email app for 2 exchange accounts, and in this one it doesn't save the information entered.

I have set it up twice and it goes all the way through, even down to me being able to receive emails, and when I go into the email client after a few minutes it offers the username password dialogue to setup the account.

I can only assume it is GR4 & GR5 which have a common fault (sorry Paul ) as stock Froyo, CM7 and stock GB work fine in this regard.

This time I cant get it to save 1 account... I will try a few restarts and set it up again, hopefully someone may have an answer.

PS I know I can use K9 email, but its not as good as the stock client for what I need.

Steve

edit: wiped, wiped cache and dalvik cache before flashing GR5

Edited by g6hoq

Guest Madsen Felipe

Just for note:

in previous versions (gr4, gr3) I had a isssue that only the 3G icon appears, and never get HSDPA. This issue was solved with the new v20l italy RIL.